Movies James Gunn's SUPERMAN (New Set Photos Featuring Superman, Lois Lane and Mister Terrific, post #667)

What do you think of the new Superman suit?

• Total voters
I will watch with cautious optimism. Hopefully they can fill the gap that Marvel has left me with.

I'm still not loving it, but I can't say I straight up hate it either.

The first trailer/teaser is what I'm holding out for.

Almost anything is better than Snyder's lack of color. It was as if Superman was taking place in the Gears of War universe. Everything after MoS was crap too. Considering Gunn's track record, I have faith this will be better. How good? No idea. The suit doesn't bother me. I'm sure post production will factor in as well.

Update: June 24, 2024

First Look at Edi Gathegi as Mister Terrific, Rachel Brosnahan as Lois Lane and Wendell Pierce as Perry White in SUPERMAN Set Photos; New Images of David Corenswet as Superman

GQ4PBsuW8AEb8KS

GQ4RMqHWsAA6YXy

GQ4RMqHXQAActuI

GQ2wBHjX0AAguhQ

superman-set-photos-mister-terrific-05.jpg

GQ26_ONWsAIL798

GQ26_OMXYAA3edP

GQ26_OVWkAEbsk_

GQ3xunjWMAEMyMu

GQ3xunrWQAAuRZm

GQ3rvN5W0AAxCIi

I'm pretty confused as to why the suit looks so loose (my guess is so he can move more naturally), but I don't think we'll see that in the final product.

I don't love this suit, but I also don't need it to look like it's painted on. I generally care less about the suit than the movie being good.

Between Super, Guardians, Suicide Squad, and Peace Maker we've seen James Gunn make some pretty damned good movies with far dumber premises, characters, and much dumber looking outfits. I'm genuinely excited to see what he can do with it.

Last edited:
During X-Men: First Class, I found it odd that they killed off Darwin. I just assumed that he would survive by evolving. Then, he would show up in a later movie.

I guess Mr. Terrific is the next evolution of Darwin

I'm pretty confused as to why the suit looks so loose (my guess is so he can move more naturally), but I don't think we'll see that in the final product.
That's what was bothering me ever since the initial reveal. The design is alright, but the terrible fit makes it look like a halloween costume. There's got to be a better point between 'can't move my head' and 'I've worn tighter hoodies than that.'

I don't mind the suit. This is the start of Gunn's DC universe and Superman story, so I'm sure the suit will evolve as time goes on.
That's usually the case in most hero movies.

Update: June 24, 2024

First Look at Edi Gathegi as Mister Terrific, Rachel Brosnahan as Lois Lane and Wendell Pierce as Perry White in SUPERMAN Set Photos; New Images of David Corenswet as Superman

GQ4PBsuW8AEb8KS

GQ4RMqHWsAA6YXy

GQ4RMqHXQAActuI

GQ2wBHjX0AAguhQ

superman-set-photos-mister-terrific-05.jpg

GQ26_ONWsAIL798

GQ26_OMXYAA3edP

GQ26_OVWkAEbsk_

GQ3xunjWMAEMyMu

GQ3xunrWQAAuRZm

GQ3rvN5W0AAxCIi

She's attractive, but not enough for me, honestly. They keep getting Lois wrong, in my opinion. Either way, Rachel has a nice rack. Wood.

Suit looks like crap. Doesn’t fit, design is awful, underoos got to go. I never thought James Gunn was right for this.

Back