James Gunn Tweets v2: Did we jump the Gunn?

You can spin the narrative all you want as a "journalist", but not even a scumbag like Cernovich forced Gunn to make dozens of creepy fucking tweets, or engage in weirdo catholic pedo pajama parties.

Did we really need a V2? It's over. Gunn has a weird obsession with pedophilia. He got fired for it. He won't be back to direct GOTG3. The end.

As far as addressing this in the future goes, perhaps people, especially 40 year old public figures, should think twice about tweeting out about how they like to fuck toddlers. That shit just might come back to haunt you.

cosigned no need for thread, there's nothing but horse giblets left to beat

Big Dave is still fighting.

Since the last thread hit a thousand posts.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/‘...sney-for-saying-he-likes-little-boys.3800135/

Here's the guy who "broke" this story, bragging about creating narratives and ruining careers with his hit pieces, even if it means twisting the truth. Should we be worried this works so well? How do we address this kind of thing in the future?

The only redeeming quality to this story is knowing that Mike Cernovich was able to find true love with a fellow sick, sociopathic wack job. Soul mates are real. May we all one day be so blessed.

Pedo themed parties? Yeah, fuck off with that. Especially with all those kid fucking themed tweets. Just weird and gross.

disney fired pre-production crew and postponed the film to-be-decided
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...y-3-production-hold-james-gunn-firing-1137400
The production of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is being put on hold sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

A small group that was prepping for pre-production, are being dismissed and are free to look for new work.

. . . The timeline has been pushed out," says a source. Disney never set a release date for Guardians 3.

giphy.gif

I just wanted to discuss the video and there's a rule about threads being over 1,000 posts. The video wasn't in the other thread. It's whatever.

I just wanted to discuss the video and there's a rule about threads being over 1,000 posts. The video wasn't in the other thread. It's whatever.
Cernovich is definitely a completely irredeemable and horrible piece of shit who deserves to suffer.

Cernovich is definitely a completely irredeemable and horrible piece of shit who deserves to suffer.
that guys definately gonna get jailed one day, its just a matter of time before he fucks up

You can spin the narrative all you want as a "journalist", but not even a scumbag like Cernovich forced Gunn to make dozens of creepy fucking tweets, or engage in weirdo catholic pedo pajama parties.

This. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. There is no hard evidence Gunn has molested children. But he's a fucking idiot for posting these Tweets and pictures. By doing so, he attracted unwanted publicity to the MCU, and the first rule of Hollywood is: don't piss off Das Mouse Reich. Disney can be utterly ruthless when it comes to dealing with anything that might threaten it's profits.

This. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. There is no hard evidence Gunn has molested children. But he's a fucking idiot for posting these Tweets and pictures. By doing so, he attracted unwanted publicity to the MCU, and the first rule of Hollywood is: don't piss off Das Mouse Reich. Disney can be utterly ruthless when it comes to dealing with anything that might threaten it's profits.
Nonsense. If Joey fucking Diaz can be on Disney, not even just behind the scenes but on screen, then that's a bogus excuse.

And for those who are going to argue they aren't jokes, here is some context.

What is so offensive is how unfunny it was. Just the most trite shit. My God. From the mind of a child. To call that an attempt at comedy is a slap in the face to comedy and comedy should not defend it.

I love situations personalities like James Gunn and Mike Cernovich put people in. Both are scumbags on different sides of the political spectrum. When I see a person, or news outlet, defending/advocating one over the other, it tells me they are a partisan hack and can't be trusted.

Nonsense. If Joey fucking Diaz can be on Disney, not even just behind the scenes but on screen, then that's a bogus excuse.

And for those who are going to argue they aren't jokes, here is some context.

<FookIsThatGuy>

Seriously, I've never heard of him. The GoTG films, by contrast, have made north of 1.5 Billion. No way Disney was going to risk any kind of bad publicity with that kind of money at stake. I have zero sympathy for Gunn. If I made jokes about pedophilia in front of customers, my ass would be fired. Gunn made his made his bed, now he has to lie in it.

I dont care about this Cernovich guy. he didnt write those tweets, Gunn did.

The Cernovich dude is a scumbag, and the internet is full of guys like this. People with no life, no achievements of their own, who dig up dirt on other people who have actually achieved things, to make them feel better about themselves.

However, it's pretty much the same phenomenon as what happens during every American election year. Dirt is being dug up for political reasons, on people like Trump or Clinton, but that doesn't meant the dirt isn't legitimate. On one hand we should have a higher tolerance for stuff that's being spread out there due to an agenda, but on the other hand we can't exactly afford to ignore that the information is there.

There has got to some some sort of a reasonable middle ground between buying everything from outrage artists like Cernovich, without ignoring all of the stuff that's being put out there because of "political agendas".

That's a lot of the reason why a Donald Trump can basically be bullet-proof to criticism, because his supporters see all of the criticism coming as a result of opposing agendas, rather than a honest attempt to evaluate his presidency.

Back