James degale

stevenix1978

Orange Belt
Reaction score
havent seen his performance from last night, but heard it was yet another masterclass. alot of people dont like him but im surprised that more people dont respect him, in my opinion he is the most talented british boxer at the moment. he has speed, power and finesse. if Froch fights him (which im sure he wont) he will be on the wrong end of a hiding. anyway, who thinks froch should fight him next and what will the result be if they do fight?

"Yet another masterlcass" would imply that James DeGale has ever out on a master class performance on at least one occasion.

Yeah, can you point out the master classes DeGale has put on? Losing to groves?

ts, are you drunk?

come on guys, losing to groves was a bad decision. i had degale up by a couple of rounds and i think most people did too.....i was wrong to suggest he has put on masterclasses in the past....but he has always shown the talent in small pieces. he seems to have grown in stature and i will be putting a sizeable bet on him beating froch if they meet....who thinks froch beats him? and would you be willing to bet on it?

I would bet on froch in a heartbeat.

I would bet on froch in a heartbeat.

Me too, didn't like the way he was winging some of those shots on Saturday night going for the finish. Looked messy.

"Yet another masterlcass" would imply that James DeGale has ever out on a master class performance on at least one occasion.

image.php

come on guys, losing to groves was a bad decision. i had degale up by a couple of rounds and i think most people did too.....i was wrong to suggest he has put on masterclasses in the past....but he has always shown the talent in small pieces. he seems to have grown in stature and i will be putting a sizeable bet on him beating froch if they meet....who thinks froch beats him? and would you be willing to bet on it?

Groves v Degale was a close fight.
Kind of boring too.... each guy waiting for the other to do something.

I think Groves won, but wouldn't argue against someone thinking Degale won a close fight.

The good ole "most people agree with me" card. Problem with using that is that most people don't agree with you; Groves/DeGale was a close fight, and just as many people seem to give it to Groves as they do DeGale. And that still wasn't an example of a master class.

DeGale has never put on a master class. Quite often he engages in close contests with fighters that someone who is allegedly as talented as he is should be winning clearly. And it's not a case of him throwing away rounds in pursuit of a knockout or entertaining people - he just isn't as good as he believes he is. He's style over substance at times, and he's not ever going to be a top class pro. (He might hold an alphabet title, but alphabet titles and world class fighters are not mutually exclusive.)

The good ole "most people agree with me" card. Problem with using that is that most people don't agree with you; Groves/DeGale was a close fight, and just as many people seem to give it to Groves as they do DeGale. And that still wasn't an example of a master class.

DeGale has never put on a master class. Quite often he engages in close contests with fighters that someone who is allegedly as talented as he is should be winning clearly. And it's not a case of him throwing away rounds in pursuit of a knockout or entertaining people - he just isn't as good as he believes he is. He's style over substance at times, and he's not ever going to be a top class pro. (He might hold an alphabet title, but alphabet titles and world class fighters are not mutually exclusive.)

Agreed.
Both guys were to blame for that fight being lackluster.
Cool that they decided to mix it up both being undefeated prospects.
But the result was a let down.

Groves/DeGale wasn't lackluster. It was tactical and a good fight.

Groves/DeGale wasn't lackluster. It was tactical and a good fight.

It was pretty boring.

Essentially to dandies afraid of insulting each other so they dance around the topic of actually fighting.

GOT IT!?

Back