Movies AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER (Dragonlord's Review, post #1)

If you have seen AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Don't care what any one says. I loved the first Avatar movie.
Me to FTW

200.gif

First one sucked and is probably the most overrated movie in cinema history. I have no doubt the 2nd one will be a steaming pile of shit. Looking at the cast confirms my beliefs.

First one sucked and is probably the most overrated movie in cinema history. I have no doubt the 2nd one will be a steaming pile of shit. Looking at the cast confirms my beliefs.

Then you need to watch Chicago.

Also, this is the guy that got solid performances out of complete rookie child actors in both Aliens and T2. Let's wait and see...

He's taking too long to get these done. I'll probably still watch but I wont be shelling out 25 bucks to see it in the theater.

I'll probably go see Avatar 2 when it hits theaters, because why not? But I doubt that I'll be counting down days until its opening day like I'm doing with The Last Jedi.

Cameron is the sequel master. His sequels always top the originals. He has the ability to knock this out of the park, and make us all give a crap about Avatar. But i don't have a good feeling about this.

Nobody went to see it for the plot, nobody cares about the story. It's all about the spectacle. So yeah, I'll watch it, but I'm not excited or anything.

Also, we have reached that point in the future, where everybody is gonna be ethnically ambiguous, if looking at these kids is any indication.

Well at least none of them are Jaden Smith

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

All I can do is laugh at that picture

SJW have infected this shit

When Avatar came out i failed to see what was so "amazing" about iy. Id put that shit up there as high as Titanic. Good movie, but nothing special fucking whatsoever.

Terminator 1 - unique time travel story with a scary bodybuilder

Terminator 2- state of the art special effects that perfected everything from 1. Except too clean.

Aliens - turned a perfect horror slasher into the best sci fi action ever, while still keeping horror and putting out new ideas.

Abyss - nice aliens? under sea? We saw people breathing water, dammit. Another unique and new sight.

TrueLies - just a good action
Titanic - just a good love story
Avatar - just a cool cartoon with an idea stolen from cartoons

I hope something happens and this shit is aborted.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

All I can do is laugh at that picture

SJW have infected this shit
My exact thoughts. The dudes lost his mind, look at the stuff he's saying about wonder woman lmao.

This will not be too good. Cameron missed his window to develop this thing. I believe he planned Avatar for long time. He finally made one, but did not finish it off. He expects waiting 8 years wont matter.

Update: September 27, 2017

First Look at the Next Generation Cast for James Cameron's AVATAR 2

Ready to get your first look at the cast of Avatar 2? The first of four sequels to James Cameron’s game-changing blockbuster won’t hit theaters until 2020. But EW has the exclusive intel on the troupe of young actors who will join stars Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana on Pandora.

The forest-dwelling offspring of Avatar‘s human–turned–Na’vi hero (Sam Worthington) and his fiery love interest, Neytiri (Zoe Saldana), will play a crucial role in the long-long-long-awaited follow-ups to the 2009 blockbuster, the first of which began filming on Sept. 25 (and are officially called The Avatar Sequels, by the way).

The young actors playing Sully’s family are revealed here for the first time, along with the children from another Na’vi clan, called the Metkayina, who dwell on giant oceanic atoll reefs under the rule of a leader named Tonowari (Cliff Curtis of Fear the Walking Dead).

Of course, in the above photo, you’ll have to use your imagination a bit to picture the cast in CG character as lanky blue cat-eyed Na’vi. That is, with one exception — Javier “Spider” Socorro (played by 12-year-old Jack Champion, who is seated in the above photo with dark hair). Spider is a human teenager born at the Hell’s Gate military complex, a crucial location in the first film.

According to executive producer Jon Landau, the kids of Avatar 2 represent the biggest focus shift from the original movie. “We never had this youthful element before, and that brings a different kind of energy to the film,” he says. “They represent the future generation of Pandora and play a very significant role — not just in this movie but throughout all the movies.”

Director James Cameron has famously spent years working on the scripts for the four Avatar sequels. The first is scheduled to hit theaters on Dec. 18, 2020. That hiatus is nearly as long as the 12 years between Cameron’s Titanic and Avatar — and the filmmaker proved skeptics wrong once Avatar passed Titanic as the highest-grossing film of all time. Landau remarks that Avatar 2 will silence any doubters who dismissed the first title as a one-time 3-D sensation.

“Nobody is watching Avatar [on home video] or waiting in four-hour lines at Disney’s World of Avatar or going to the sold-out Cirque du Soleil shows because of the film’s 3-D,” he points out. “People respond because of the movie’s characters, themes, and emotions—and we have all that again. When the cast read what Jim Cameron wrote, it hit them with even greater resonance than the first movie.”

Avatar 2: First look at sequel's next generation cast and exclusive new details

This will be merged with the official thread after a few days.

So, the main characters in this movie are children? As in, this is going to be a kids movie? This franchise will sink like the titanic.

Update: September 27, 2017

First Look at the Next Generation Cast for James Cameron's AVATAR 2

Ready to get your first look at the cast of Avatar 2? The first of four sequels to James Cameron’s game-changing blockbuster won’t hit theaters until 2020. But EW has the exclusive intel on the troupe of young actors who will join stars Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana on Pandora.

The forest-dwelling offspring of Avatar‘s human–turned–Na’vi hero (Sam Worthington) and his fiery love interest, Neytiri (Zoe Saldana), will play a crucial role in the long-long-long-awaited follow-ups to the 2009 blockbuster, the first of which began filming on Sept. 25 (and are officially called The Avatar Sequels, by the way).

The young actors playing Sully’s family are revealed here for the first time, along with the children from another Na’vi clan, called the Metkayina, who dwell on giant oceanic atoll reefs under the rule of a leader named Tonowari (Cliff Curtis of Fear the Walking Dead).

Of course, in the above photo, you’ll have to use your imagination a bit to picture the cast in CG character as lanky blue cat-eyed Na’vi. That is, with one exception — Javier “Spider” Socorro (played by 12-year-old Jack Champion, who is seated in the above photo with dark hair). Spider is a human teenager born at the Hell’s Gate military complex, a crucial location in the first film.

According to executive producer Jon Landau, the kids of Avatar 2 represent the biggest focus shift from the original movie. “We never had this youthful element before, and that brings a different kind of energy to the film,” he says. “They represent the future generation of Pandora and play a very significant role — not just in this movie but throughout all the movies.”

Director James Cameron has famously spent years working on the scripts for the four Avatar sequels. The first is scheduled to hit theaters on Dec. 18, 2020. That hiatus is nearly as long as the 12 years between Cameron’s Titanic and Avatar — and the filmmaker proved skeptics wrong once Avatar passed Titanic as the highest-grossing film of all time. Landau remarks that Avatar 2 will silence any doubters who dismissed the first title as a one-time 3-D sensation.

“Nobody is watching Avatar [on home video] or waiting in four-hour lines at Disney’s World of Avatar or going to the sold-out Cirque du Soleil shows because of the film’s 3-D,” he points out. “People respond because of the movie’s characters, themes, and emotions—and we have all that again. When the cast read what Jim Cameron wrote, it hit them with even greater resonance than the first movie.”

Avatar 2: First look at sequel's next generation cast and exclusive new details

This will be merged with the official thread after a few days.

A bunch of fucking kids? Well my interest went from almost zero to zero.

The visuals were cool in the first one, though the story was average. I don't see how the story will improve with children making up the brunt of the cast.

Took the words right out of my keyboard.

Update: October 3, 2017

Kate Winslet Reunites with James Cameron to Join the AVATAR Universe

zpIdQ97.jpg

Kate Winslet is headed to Pandora. The actress is reuniting with Titanic director James Cameron as he works on his Avatar followups, THR has confirmed. It is unclear how many of the four planned sequels to Cameron's 2009 film Winslet will appear in.

Cameron is currently filming Avatar 2 and 3 concurrently. He plans to shoot 4 and 5 to be simultaneously soon after, plans recently spoke about in last week's THR cover story. The production also recently announced seven young castmembers who are to play a big part in the sequels.

Winslet and Cameron made box office history in 1997 when Titanic hit theaters. It went on to become an unprecedented success, raking in $2.1 billion worldwide to become the top-grossing film of all time. The record stood until Cameron's Avatar dethroned it.

Winslet can soon be seen in theaters in the survival thriller The Mountain Between Us, opposite Idris Elba and opening Thursday. She is also set to topline in Woody Allen's upcoming feature Wonder Wheel for Amazon and due out in December.

20th Century Fox opens Avatar 2 on Dec. 18, 2020. It will be followed by Avatar 3 in 2021, Avatar 4 in 2024 and Avatar 5 in 2025.

Kate Winslet Joins James Cameron's 'Avatar' Universe

Back