Movies AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER (Dragonlord's Review, post #1)

If you have seen AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Lol this thread was made like 10 years ago. Is this movie even a thing or just concept art?

I hope the humans are smart enough to bring nukes next time. I'd like to see them nuke the blue bastards straight to hell!

BKZK.gif

Update: April 27, 2022

AVATAR Official Title Revealed as THE WAY OF WATER; First Footage Astonishes Audience at CinemaCon

FRYRrLLVcAACXeg

CinemaCon delegates, donning their 3D glasses, gave a wildly enthusiastic welcome to their return to Pandora with a first look at the stunning teaser trailer for James Cameron’s newly titled sequel Avatar: The Way of Water, Wednesday during Disney’s slate presentation in Caesars Palace’s Colosseum.

“We need to make sure [audiences] have an experience they can’t get anywhere else, and that needs to be exclusively in theaters,” said producer Jon Landau in introducing the teaser trailer, which will be released next week, exclusively in theaters, ahead of Disney/Marvel’s Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. Landau additionally announced plans to re-release the original Avatar on Sept. 23 in theaters, with restored picture and sound.

Landau reported that each of the four sequels — the first, The Way of Water, is scheduled for a Dec. 16 release — will center on returning Jake Sully, played by Sam Worthington, and Na’vi Neytiri, played by Zoe Saldaña, and their family, and the lengths they go to keep each other safe; each is a stand-alone film that “together are an even greater connected epic saga.”

In a story set more than a decade after the events of the first film, the dazzling footage in the teaser trailer focuses on Jake and Neytiri and includes gorgeous shots of Pandora’s bright blue water — both above and below the surface; Toruk, the flying creatures introduced in the first film; and new whale-like creatures.

Returning characters also include Sigourney Weaver as Dr. Grace Augustine and Stephen Lang as Colonel Miles Quaritch. The film also features some big-name newcomers including Vin Diesel and Cameron’s Titanic star Kate Winslet. Behind-the-scenes talent includes director of photography Russell Carpenter, Cameron’s Oscar-winning Titanic DP. Avatar’s visual effects are back at Weta FX in New Zealand, again led by senior VFX supervisor and four-time Oscar winner Joe Letteri.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/avatar-2-footage-preview-cinemacon-1235135720/

Within recent years it became trendy to hate on Avatar

lUWOtIG.png

Perhaps all of the "it wasn't that good, bro!" people can stay home and save seats for those of us who liked it?

Is Avatar 2 the Chinese Democracy of film?

Within recent years it became trendy to hate on Avatar

lUWOtIG.png

Perhaps all of the "it wasn't that good, bro!" people can stay home and save seats for those of us who liked it?

It’s entertaining and the visuals are amazing, the storyline was pretty generic though and pretty much any Sam worthington movie is cheesy lol. That said I’ll still watch them cuz it’ll be entertaining, just not gonna be winning best picture or actor.

It’s entertaining and the visuals are amazing, the storyline was pretty generic though and pretty much any Sam worthington movie is cheesy lol. That said I’ll still watch them cuz it’ll be entertaining, just not gonna be winning best picture or actor.

It got nine Oscar nominations and won 3. I really liked it, looking forward to the sequel.

Just curious why you thought the story generic? It was full of cannon.

Yea, the story was nothing too amazing; basically Pocahontas, but I think other things about it were great. I saw it IMAX 3D so I was immersed in the Avatar world. It was a good experience.

It got nine Oscar nominations and won 3. I really liked it, looking forward to the sequel.

it won awards for the filming and visuals. It didn’t win any acting or best picture awards.

And the plot was man invades region, tries to gather its resources, natives resist, evil general, war breaks out, some men choose to morally side with natives to defeat evil man while main character falls in love with native. It’s basically Pocahontas with a bunch of cliches.. there’s nothing original about it lol.

it won awards for the filming and visuals. It didn’t win any acting or best picture awards.

And the plot was man invades region, tries to gather its resources, natives resist, evil general, war breaks out, some men choose to morally side with natives to defeat evil man while main character falls in love with native. It’s basically Pocahontas with a bunch of cliches.. there’s nothing original about it lol.

It's clearly got influences from Pocahontas, The Bounty, Dances with Wolves, Last of the Mohicans etc...or any story where a colonizer "goes native" and comes to appreciate the wisdom and culture of the people they were displacing...

But I think Avatar actually has some interesting stuff when viewed in the context of James Cameron's other films.

The Terminator was all about the evil machines creating an "inflitration unit" that can blend in with the culture where it it is to work against that culture's interests. Sam Worthington and in fact the whole project is Terminator style infiltration units...it's just that we start out on the side of the infiltration units in Avatar and have to rethink things as the movie goes along.

The same goes with what happens relative to Aliens. Not only do the invading forces from earth look quite a bit like the good guy space marines in Aliens, but they are doing the same things...invading a world that was inhabited before them, but in this instance they are the bad guys whereas in Aliens they were the good guys...but of course nothing would have happened in Aliens if the company hadn't shown up with a profit motive and started terraforming without doing a respectable survey of who or what they might be displacing or interfering with on LV-426.

In otherwords, Avatar is kind of an anti-Terminator, where we are the infiltration units instead of the machines. It doesn't make the overall plot of Avatar much more original...but it makes it a little more interesting to think about.

Last edited:
It's clearly got influences from Pocahontas, The Bounty, Dances with Wolves, Last of the Mohicans etc...or any story where a colonizer "goes native" and comes to appreciate the wisdom and culture of the people they were displacing...

But I think Avatar actually has some interesting stuff when viewed in the context of James Cameron's other films.

The Terminator was all about the evil machines creating an "inflitration unit" that can blend in to the culture where it it is to work against that culture's interests. Sam Worthington and in fact the whole project is Terminator style infiltration units...it's just that we start out on the side of the infiltration units in Avatar and have to rethink things as the movie goes along.

The same goes with what happens relative to Aliens. Not only to the invading forces from earth look appear very much like the good guy space marines in Aliens, but they are doing the same things...invading a world that was inhabited before them, but in this instance they are the bad guys whereas in Aliens they were the good guys...but of course nothing would have happen in Aliens if the company hadn't shown up with a profit motive and started terraforming without doing a respectable survey of who or what they might be displacing or interfering with on LV-426.

In otherwords, Avatar is kind of an anti-Terminator, where we are the infiltration units instead of the machines. It doesn't make the overall plot of Avatar much more original...but it makes it a little more interesting to think about.
url

Well, it did win the Golden Globes best picture…which means jack shit lol

I know it's the cool thing to do to shit on Avatar and call it Dances With Smurfs etc. But, I have no problem saying that I enjoyed it when it came out and still enjoy it. Avatar land was my favorite part of Disneyworld, along with Rise of the Resistance. Anyway, yeah the story has been recycled over and over. But, every time it is, it's a hit because it's a good story. Dances With Wolves, The Last Samurai, Avatar, Ferngully are all great movies. Most hollywood movies are recycled stories. I for one am looking forward to Avatar 2 especially with James Cameron at the helm.

It was full of beastality. Those blue ape alien things were not human enough to get sexy with. It was a fucked up movie about a man in a wheelchair becoming attracted to an animal and then having sex with it and going to war with humans, it was like the Jungle Book if Ballooo was in a sexual relationship with Mogli and then convinced him to destroy the world of men afterwards

It was full of beastality. Those blue ape alien things were not human enough to get sexy with. It was a fucked up movie about a man in a wheelchair becoming attracted to an animal and then having sex with it and going to war with humans, it was like the Jungle Book if Ballooo was in a sexual relationship with Mogli and then convinced him to destroy the world of men afterwards

6937f4_274fb9b178ba409cb8b1212bec306802~mv2.jpg

<escalate99>

Back