James Cameron making new documentary on Vegan Athletes; 'Game Changers'

I think it has been established that if you use as a baseline a control group of health minded Vegans and a control group of similarly health minded Omnivores that the omnivore diet will be healthier and more nutritionally balanced.

No one should question that any longer. A health minded Omnivore will avail himself of any and all foods the vegan eats and to whatever quantities his body needs them BUT he also be able to avail himself of other food groups (meats, fish, dairy, etc) that if eaten in moderation will bring additional benefits the vegan is not getting.

Don't be fooled by 'studies' that do not normalize for healthy lifestyles and instead incorporate the general populace in to certain groups (all omnivores) while excluding them from others. The CDC reports not that fully 70% are overweight with 40% of that being obese. so when you throw them in with any group they swamp the group and skew all stats. You are no longer comparing a health minded Omnivore diet to a vegan one. You are comparing a mostly fast food diet to a vegan one which is just dumb unless you want to do it that way because you have an agenda to promote veganism at the expense of the facts.

I again offer an example of how I could skew stats by saying 'people who tend to eat vegetables are generally unhealthy'.

You ask me for the data and I include all of the general population who eat at least one french fry or any burger toppings in a year.

Ergo since 70% of the general populace is unhealthy and over weight, 70% of the vegetable eaters will be too. it is a terrible skewing of the data as you need to remove that unhealthy percentage from any diets talks where you are trying to examine the benefits of someone trying to follow a healthy diet in any of these categories.

this is what a healthy Omnivore diet consists of, with each category in the proper moderation.

Paleolithic-Diet.jpg

pescatarian-pescetarian-pescitarian-pollotarian-696x461.jpg

Last edited:
You’re rebuttal was sad. You denied the legitimacy of a strong meta-analysis because of claims it was funded by the meat industry. I posted established facts regarding the benefits of saturated fat which you cannot deny.

I don’t know how a vegan can go through life. Food is enjoyment to me and you deny yourself the most delicious and healthy foods in the world while also destroying your body. It’s quite pathetic really.
This was one of the most misinformed and pathetic posts I've ever seen on Sherdog... And I've nearly been here a decade!

Yeah man Nate Diaz is roided the fuck up lmaoooo. Kyrie Irving also on that sauce. Definitely a d level athlete

I love Nate but he's a really bad example for this. His biggest issue has always been strength. He got dominated by Joe Stevenson FFS.

Lmao there was nothing propaganda about what the health. It's a great film backed by science that has converted many people to a plant based diet

Here's a Vegan going over how the doc was misleading:

Not to make light of veganism as a general way of eating as it does have benefits -- its just when used as transitional to mass success in the current landscape of the athletics world. I did laugh when i read this
Why UFC’s Toughest Fighters Are Going Vegan

Here are the names they list
Nate Diaz - solid
Nick Diaz - solidish
Alex Caceres - ummm ok, wouldnt really brag about that
James “Lightning” Wilks -- starting to reach for straws
Mac Danzig - errrrrr
CM Punk - LOL, wut?
Colleen Schneider - not an ufc fighter

Pink actually switched to vegan I'm the WWE. He wasted away to nothing.

Not to make light of veganism as a general way of eating as it does have benefits -- its just when used as transitional to mass success in the current landscape of the athletics world. I did laugh when i read this
Why UFC’s Toughest Fighters Are Going Vegan

Here are the names they list
Nate Diaz - solid
Nick Diaz - solidish
Alex Caceres - ummm ok, wouldnt really brag about that
James “Lightning” Wilks -- starting to reach for straws
Mac Danzig - errrrrr
CM Punk - LOL, wut?
Colleen Schneider - not an ufc fighter
One thing all those fighters have in common is that they're physically weak compared to their competition.

First I am not a vegan but I do known there are benefits to the food supply and availability with more people turned to become vegan. Example beyond meat or impossible burger they use one tenth the land mass to produce vegan beef VS beef from cows that graze on land. So just simple logic means many times more food could be produced on the same landmass VS non vegetarian diets. People on vegetarian diets also have on average lower body fat and higher amounts of HDL's then people who digest meat and chicken. There are many more reports on the benefits of vegan diets I did not cover but to me it's up to the person.

B12 doesn't naturally occur in the foods you listed. IT IS SUPPLEMENTED IN THE MEAT.

Even more so, EVERYONE (meat eaters and non meat eaters alike) have to get their B12 through supplementation. If the meat that the eat was not supplemented with B12 and other foods weren't fortified with B12 they would be facing a serious B12 deficiency. There's not a human being on this planet who doesn't get their B12 through non supplemented or non fortified foods unless they are drinking unfiltered pond water.

And nb4 "animals naturally produce B12". The gut bacteria of some land mammals produce trace amounts of B12 none of which is in a sufficient enough amount to benefit the meat eater; hence the supplementation of the grass that they eat.

@ithinktheymad this is just one of many examples of the ignorance I'm talking about.

Even more so, EVERYONE (meat eaters and non meat eaters alike) have to get their B12 through supplementation. If the meat that the eat was not supplemented with B12 and other foods weren't fortified with B12 they would be facing a serious B12 deficiency. There's not a human being on this planet who doesn't get their B12 through non supplemented or non fortified foods unless they are drinking unfiltered pond water.

And nb4 "animals naturally produce B12". The gut bacteria of some land mammals produce trace amounts of B12 none of which is in a sufficient enough amount to benefit the meat eater; hence the supplementation of the grass that they eat.

@ithinktheymad this is just one of many examples of the ignorance I'm talking about.
Not true.

Anecdotal-- my half sister was a vegetarian and developed pulmonary hypertension. She was on a waiting list for lungs and a heart. Was set to die. Her French husband got her to eat meat again; 10 years later she is off the waiting lists and 9 years past her due date.

Is it possible she was doing it wrong? Maybe. There is no "doing it wrong" with a normal omnivorous diet, however.

this is what a healthy Omnivore diet consists of, with each category in the proper moderation.

Paleolithic-Diet.jpg

pescatarian-pescetarian-pescitarian-pollotarian-696x461.jpg

Those are all delicious. I think the term "plant based diet" is heavily misused. The above, is a plant based diet.

Most omnivorous homo sapiens who eat high fiber high protein diets are still eating more plants by mass than animal tissue. For the same reason, I look at people who claim to be carnivores as silly. Beer is made from plants, coffee is a plant, wheat is a plant, potatoes are plants. You eat plants too motherfucker and I've seen it.

Is it possible she was doing it wrong? Maybe. There is no "doing it wrong" with a normal omnivorous diet, however.

It's actually pretty simple. If you're not eating meat, you better be eating large volumes of legumes and varied sources of complete vegetarian protein. No meat no beans will generally lead to no tissue repair. That can and does cycle into anemia, heart problems, hair loss, fatigue, and more.

Wrong wrong wrong.

1. I grew up hunting
2. Veganism is a lifestyle choice which seeks to reduce animal suffering as much as is possible. If you hunt a wild animal you are sparing it a horrific death and the money you pay for the license and tag supports wildlife. So those are 2 ways in which hunting reduces animal suffering. Raising your own animal and then slaughtering it is not equivalent.
3. Raising egg laying chickens is perfectly ethical. Buying eggs from a store is unethical. Those chickens are kept in horrendous conditions that I would not want any being to endure. Even "cage free" eggs are bullshit
So your beliefs as as flexible as your weak malnourished bones.

In another thread you compaired humans eating animals to the holocaust, and you said that animal lives could be in some way equal to humans.
Now it’s ok to eat animal as long as you hunt them in the wild.. But that’s not the same as ethically raising animals for slaughter.
It’s ok to raise chickens and eat their eggs now though? What about if I catch fish. Clam picking?
You need to sit down and figure your shit out, your all over the place. Typical vegan, all theory and YouTube videos , no real world experience.

So your beliefs as as flexible as your weak malnourished bones.

In another thread you compaired humans eating animals to the holocaust, and you said that animal lives could be in some way equal to humans.
Now it’s ok to eat animal as long as you hunt them in the wild.. But that’s not the same as ethically raising animals for slaughter.
It’s ok to raise chickens and eat their eggs now though? What about if I catch fish. Clam picking?
You need to sit down and figure your shit out, your all over the place. Typical vegan, all theory and YouTube videos , no real world experience.
You're so dumb, it's hard to fathom. I never equated animal lives and human lives. Holocaust survivors themselves compare factory farming to the holocaust dipshit. And it's not that my ideas are "flexible", it's that I'm not ideologically possessed and I understand nuance, which you clearly dont.

You're so dumb, it's hard to fathom. I never equated animal lives and human lives. Holocaust survivors themselves compare factory farming to the holocaust dipshit. And it's not that my ideas are "flexible", it's that I'm not ideologically possessed and I understand nuance, which you clearly dont.
It's all on a spectrum of value. If a human beings value is 1, I'd say an insect is something like .000000000000000000000000000001. (Aka virtually worthless but has a spec of value)

It's all dependent on how complex the animal is.

Did you run the numbers on your holocaust equivalence equation? Are you beginning to get the idea? If there were 100 trillion animals slaughtered every year is it equivalent? Or is it simply NEVER equivalent just because they're not humans?

Would you rather save 100,000 dogs or 1 really shitty human being? What about a pedophile? What about a serial killer of children/pedophile? Where do you draw the line?

I personally would save 100,000 cows/dogs/pigs over a shitty human being. Maybe even an ok human being :eek:
There you go

But as you seen to be the moral authority, could you give us all guidelines as to which animals it’s ok to eat and which it isn’t?
Wild animals are fine right? What about a spike moose?

The whole point is that veganism is 100% ideologically possessed.
If you said that you only consumed ethically farmed animal products, I don’t think anybody could argue, but militant veganism is just hypocracy. People don’t live forever and neither do animal. It’s not that animals are killed and consumed, it’s how they live, how they die and how they are used. If we didn’t consume these animals, they wouldn’t exist anymore

Back