Movies James Cameron has 3 films in the top 5 most grossing movies of all-time.

Is he the biggest blockbuster film maker?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. Avatar - $2,923,706,026
2. Avengers: Endgame - $2,799,439,100
3. Titanic: $2,194,690,964
4. Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens - $2,071,310,218
5. Avatar: The Way of the Water - $2,026,675,670

If not James Cameron, who's the blockbuster king of filmmaking?

GQ1222_Cameron_02.jpg

Last edited:
Avatar movies are excellent visually, but it's just a newer version of the same story that's been told a few times before.

I walked out of the 2nd avatar movie. It wasn't bad, it's just not a franchise I am interested in
I watched part of it and took a short nap. I woke up and nothing really changed in the story. He makes visually appealing movies but the script isn't great.

Here I found a more detailed look on adjusted for inflation and total amount of tickets sold.

Check out the estimated number of tickets sold. Look at Gone with the Wind with 202,286,200 million tickets sold. That's insane. It shows the product of the time, no TV, no video games, no computers/internet, streaming. Most people just went out and watched movies to escape from reality or just to be entertained.

And you got to remember it was just around the start of WWII.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/top_lifetime_gross_adjusted/?adjust_gross_to=2020

Top Lifetime Adjusted Grosses.png

"James Cameron doesn't do what James Cameron does for James Cameron. James Cameron does what James Cameron does because James Cameron is... James Cameron."

Back