Jamal James vs Thomas Dulorme Aug.8th PBC FOX (PBC return Date)

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/thomas-dulorme-jamal-james-headline-fox-telecast-july-25--149468

BoxingScene.com has learned that welterweights Thomas Dulorme and Jamal James will meet that night in a 12-round fight for a vacant version of the WBA welterweight title. FOX is expected to televise the Dulorme-James match from a studio setting in the Los Angeles area, though the site hadn’t been solidified as of Friday.

Dulorme-James would be FOX’s first main event on free TV since Robert Helenius upset previously unbeaten heavyweight contender Adam Kownacki by fourth-round technical knockout March 7 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

thomas-dulorme_1.jpg

The 31-year-old James (26-1, 12 KOs) and the 30-year-old Dulorme (25-3-1, 16 KOs), a Las Vegas resident raised in Puerto Rico, are expected to fight for the WBA’s interim 147-pound championship. The Philippines’ Manny Pacquiao (62-7-2, 39 KOs), who owns the WBA’s “super” welterweight title, is considered that sanctioning organization’s true champion in that division.

Lennox Allen 22-0-1 vs David Morrell 2-0 co main event

BoxingScene.com has been informed that the 21-year-old Omar Juarez (7-0, 4 KOs), of Brownsville, Texas, will battle Willie Shaw (12-1, 8 KOs), of Vallejo, California, in an eight-round fight FOX will air August 8 from Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. The 140-pound prospect’s bout will be one of three fights FOX will televise that night as part of its first boxing telecast since March 7.

The FS1 portion of the show will feature 18-year-old welterweight prospect Vito Mielnicki Jr. (5-0, 3 KOs). Mielnicki, a recent high school graduate from Roseland, New Jersey, is scheduled to face Chris Rollins (3-1, 2 KOs), of Charlottesville, Virginia, in a six-rounder.

Mykal Fox (22-1, 5 KOs), of Upper Marlboro, Maryland, and Lucas Santamaria (10-1-1, 7 KOs), of Garden Grove, California, are set to meet in a 10-round welterweight bout FS1 will air that night as well.

FOX (8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT)

Jamal James (26-1, 12 KOs), Minneapolis vs. Thomas Dulorme (25-3-1, 16 KOs), Las Vegas, 12 rounds for the WBA interim welterweight title.

David Morrell (2-0, 2 KOs), Santa Clara, Cuba vs. Lennox Allen (22-0-1, 14 KOs), Brooklyn, 12 rounds for the WBA interim super middleweight title.

Omar Juarez (7-0, 4 KOs), Brownsville, Texas vs. Willie Shaw (12-1, 8 KOs), Vallejo, California, 8 rounds, junior welterweights.

FS1 (10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT)

Mykal Fox (22-1, 5 KOs), Upper Marlboro, Maryland vs. Lucas Santamaria (10-1-1, 7 KOs), Garden Grove, California, 10 rounds, welterweights.

Vito Mielnicki Jr. (5-0, 3 KOs), Roseland, New Jersey vs. Chris Rollins (3-1, 2 KOs), Charlottsville, Virginia, 6 rounds, welterweights.

Luis Pena (6-0, 6 KOs), Ventura, California vs. Michael Coffie (9-0, 6 KOs), Brooklyn, 8 rounds, heavyweights.

Allen gets his first bid at a major belt 16 years into his career, as the unbeaten southpaw collides with Morrell for the interim version of the WBA super middleweight title. For Morrell (2-0, 2KOs), it comes less than one year as a pro and in just his third fight.

“I feel like he skipped the line to the title, ” Allen (22-0-1, 14KOs) told BoxingScene.com. “It is what it is. I know the politics of the sport, I have witnessed them firsthand throughout my career. This is a business, though, and I now have the opportunity to handle my business in the ring.”

david-morrell.jpg

t wouldn’t be how he’d want to land his first world title fight, but Mykal Fox is ready anyway.

BoxingScene.com has learned that Fox would be Premier Boxing Champions’ replacement for Thomas Dulorme or Jamal James if either welterweight were to test positive for COVID-19 or were otherwise unable to fight Saturday night in Los Angeles. Las Vegas’ Dulorme (25-3-1, 16 KOs) and Minneapolis’ James (26-1, 12 KOs) are scheduled to fight for the WBA interim welterweight title in the main event of FOX’s three-bout broadcast, which will start at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT from Microsoft Theater.

Back