Jamal James vs Radzhab Butaev & Ennis vs Dulorme PBC Showtime Oct.30th

He stopped it after a series of missed punches & was probably winning the round

At least the ref was consistently bad, he screwed both the blue and the red corner. Just weird all the way around.

Night boys.

The final sequence was largely missed or blocked punches
he was retreating to the ropes, not fighting back, and not exactly dodging what was coming at him, after taking an awful beating. he hadn’t shown any signs of being capable or willing to get himself out of harms way over the last couple rounds. seemed like an okay stoppage to me. early maybe, but fine.

Two refs need to be fired today.
Nah, more like Cormier and Iole caused that to happen. I can't find the Iole article that went up real time like 1:30PM at Uncle Dana's direction that said it was the worst ref ever. I think he must have pulled it down or re-worked it. It had a title saying that and was pretty harsh. lol
I thought it was a good no stoppage, myself. Right after Cormier was screaming "stop the fight" repeatedly from the announcers table (?), the eventual loser clipped his opponent good and buckled him a bit.

• a0c62591fc67cf973320638e3afde944.cf.jpg

MMA Junkie
    UFC 267 broadcast team irate over Vyacheslav Kiselev’s officiating in Dos Santos vs. Saint-Denis
    The odds that Vyacheslav Kiselev is back as a referee for a UFC bout any time soon likely are pretty slim.
that was a gross overcorrection for the bad point take
<mma4>

You might be right, there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruv
I was just telling my buddy that James’ corner needs to stop this, and about 5 seconds later the ref pulled the pin. James is a good dude, no reason to permanently scramble his eggs, he was taking a beating .

James burned through his tank runnin for his life and commanded no respect from Buatev. Buatev's body work and constant pressure was impressive.

I was ringside tonight. Ennis is a beast. Got to talk to him after for 5 minutes or so. Super nice dude. The way he handles himself around people off camera makes it easy to like him. True class and polite as hell to everyone. Hopefully as more and more fame comes his way he does not change.

I know dulorme well and hate to see him go out like that. i like seeing a new star be born, but hate that it is at dulorme's expense.

fajita's were the evening's offerings

This stoppage wasn’t bad. Yea the fight wasn’t that one sided but James was getting hurt bad, this is the kind of damage where fighters sometimes end in the hospital with swollen brains and shit. I get the anger but I do not hate this stoppage.

Better this than that retard in the ufc earlier today at least.

James was only gonna get seriously hurt, but you can't stop the fight like that... you have let that go for a few more seconds and see if James gets off the ropes.

Butaev vs Ugas next right?

I know it's too early to say for sure but i don't think anyone beats Ennis at 147, and that includes Spence and Crawford.

James was only gonna get seriously hurt, but you can't stop the fight like that... you have let that go for a few more seconds and see if James gets off the ropes.

Butaev vs Ugas next right?

I know it's too early to say for sure but i don't think anyone beats Ennis at 147, and that includes Spence and Crawford.
A few people were high on Ennis before the fight and I can see why now. He's going to be dangerous for a lot of people.

This stoppage wasn’t bad. Yea the fight wasn’t that one sided but James was getting hurt bad, this is the kind of damage where fighters sometimes end in the hospital with swollen brains and shit. I get the anger but I do not hate this stoppage.

Better this than that retard in the ufc earlier today at least.
I still say that the very good non-stoppage in the UFC that all the ladies are worked up about with Cormier screaming like he's the guy's Mom caused the bad stoppage in the boxing match last night.
Without question, IMO.

I still say that the very good non-stoppage in the UFC that all the ladies are worked up about with Cormier screaming like he's the guy's Mom caused the bad stoppage in the boxing match last night.
Without question, IMO.

I thought the same thing, one might have affected the other. But I disagree that it was a good non stoppage, I am all about just bleed but that fight was let go a bit longer than it should have, if I had had money for the KO I would have felt screwed by that ref, it almost felt like he had money on the distance or something.

But yeah I am not pissed off about the boxing stoppage either, I thought it was ok, dude was getting wrecked and showed 0 chance of hurting the opponent.

But I do agree that I think one affected the other.

Back