Jamal James vs Radzhab Butaev & Ennis vs Dulorme PBC Showtime Oct.30th

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
BoxingScene.com has confirmed that the October 30 edition of Showtime Championship Boxing will feature two significant welterweight fights, topped by WBA “World” welterweight titlist Jamal James in a mandatory defense versus Russia’s Radzhab Butaev. As previously reported by BoxingScene.com senior writer/columnist Keith Idec, rising contender Jaron ‘Boots’ Ennis and former title challenger Thomas Dulorme are set to meet in the co-feature bout.

The event will take place at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas.
Minneapolis’ James (27-1, 12KOs) was named WBA “World” welterweight titlist this past February, receiving an upgrade from the now-defunct “interim” title he claimed in a twelve-round win over Dulorme last August in Los Angeles. The fight came with the understanding that the winner would be due to next face Butaev (13-0, 10KOs; 1NC), with James-Butaev formally ordered this past January.

https://www.boxingscene.com/jamal-j...howtime-card-ennis-dulorme-co-feature--160703

James is pretty good but I'm not familiar with his opponent. I'm just glad the division is somewhat moving though.

Last edited:
Great fight. I favor Butaev, who stopped multiple Olympic medalists in the amatuers

The winner of this fight faces the winner of Ugas vs Stanionis (WBA ordered both fights) as a fight off to have a single WBA ww champ

The winner of this fight faces the winner of Ugas vs Stanionis (WBA ordered both fights) as a fight off to have a single WBA ww champ

Not the greatest tournament ever but at least there is a clear path for these guys right now.

Going with James by Dec and Ennis by late Stoppage

Going with James by Dec and Ennis by late Stoppage
Agree with you on Ennis (I think it's mid round stoppage tho), but I'm actually picking Butaev. I didn't realize this but apparently Butaev has longer reach than James and I was really impressed by his last fight.

Agree with you on Ennis (I think it's mid round stoppage tho), but I'm actually picking Butaev. I didn't realize this but apparently Butaev has longer reach than James and I was really impressed by his last fight.

My thoughts word for word.

A whole new generation of Welterweights is coming up FAST!

Ali Rivera on the card is a can’t miss. Got a photo with him at a local show 3 Months Ago

BoxingScene.com has learned that Jean Carlos Torres will encounter Darwin Price before a “Showtime Championship Boxing” tripleheader starts that night in Las Vegas. Torres (19-0, 15 KOs), a powerful southpaw from Puerto Rico, and Houston’s Price (17-1, 10 KOs) will meet in a non-televised, 10-round junior welterweight bout on the Jamal James- Radzhab Butaev undercard at Mandalay Bay’s Michelob ULTRA Arena.

Back