Media Jamahal Hill and Paul Craig shares a photo post UFC 263

I’m so confused by this. Weren’t they beefing? Now they are homies?

giphy.gif

I think after watching MMA religiously for the last 20 years, one thing I have learned is there is no such thing as a sure thing. Smack talk is ok, but true warriors just get it done. I like Vettori as a fighter but man he made it so easy to root against him this time. The more you smack talk, the farther you fall (see Conor, Cody, etc) Only a very few have ever backed it all up, most notably triple C of late.

But it does sell so it's a gamble

Smack talk raises the stakes, the fans love that. More on the line is more interesting, but I agree that people are starting to see through it.

People saying fighters have been humbled because they were making noise to promote a fight is one of the worst modern trends.

“When trash talking goes wrong!”

Comment section filled with stuff like: “What an idiot talking all that shit” - Made by a guy who’s been watching trash talking videos all day for his own entertainment. It’s hypocritical for these guys to ingest MMA media and use it to become more invested in the fights, but then go out of their own way to shit on a fighter after they lost for talking too much trash.
I agree, but i think the biggest problem here is not the comments afterward, but the act of ingesting the obvious bullshit in the first place. People keep excusing the hatred as meaningless promotion but still get sucked in by what they know is meaningless. I can't think of a bigger self-insult than the fans who will go, "Can you blame the guy for wanting to sell tickets?" out of one side of their face after having gone, "he shoved him at the weigh-ins, I'm so hyped for this!"

And you think the damaged tendons and cartilage just healed in an hour? Dislocations often takes a lot longer time to heal if even possible than a fractured or broken arm.

This. I dislocated my shoulder 3 years ago and in just that time have dislocated it 2 more times, once boxing and once wrestling. 3 times in 3 years, going this december to have surgery but even then, at UFC level..he wont be the same. Horrible injury. Completely lose the use of your arm.

I’m so confused by this. Weren’t they beefing? Now they are homies?
I guess you are confused why Izzy and Vettori hugged it out afterwards. Kinda hard to understand if you never competed before.

You said he was never going to be near his current level again, but with the right care, which he'll get for sure, he'll heal up 100% with no issues. Athletes do this all the time.

Going on like his career is over is laughable lol.
I hope you are right, but I doubt it. He will not heal up to 100% with “no issues”. That’s an uninformed statement at best. The fact that he had his arm in a sling is proof that it is far from 100%.
Anyway, we will have to wait and see.

Pitchers fuck their elbows and shoulders up all the time. It can be devastating but sports medicine is fairly advanced at targeting specific areas of recovery. Hill will need time, however, like maybe 6 months or so to really heal up, but I think the idea that his arm has lost permanent function is overstated and dramatic. Probably won’t see many spinning elbows from him with that arm in the future.

I personally saw craig as the heel on this one tbh. He acts like cutelaba lmao. Good to see them cool

I thought he's that kind of guy as well during the Shogun rematch build up. Didn't realized he's always been like that. Hyped up during face offs and that's just his thing. But it shows that he's a humble guy in victory or defeat.

Smack talk raises the stakes, the fans love that. More on the line is more interesting, but I agree that people are starting to see through it.
What you stated was probably a more eloquent and succinct way of what I was trying to get across. Agreed. Good post

I agree, but i think the biggest problem here is not the comments afterward, but the act of ingesting the obvious bullshit in the first place. People keep excusing the hatred as meaningless promotion but still get sucked in by what they know is meaningless. I can't think of a bigger self-insult than the fans who will go, "Can you blame the guy for wanting to sell tickets?" out of one side of their face after having gone, "he shoved him at the weigh-ins, I'm so hyped for this!"
Exactly. It plays us all for fools. We are smart enough to see through thoughtless inflammatory smack talk versus clever and defendable smack talk. This is why Conor has lost so many fans. He got lazy and crossed too many lines with Khabib, which was a major tell that he was spooked at his chances of actually beating the man

Back