Jake Shields will probably be cut...

He might, but he shouldn't be. He is on a 3 fight win streak (with the middle fight becoming a NC) and while he looks awkward, he is a very talented fighter.

Okami was on a three fight win streak before his loss too. 170 has gotten pretty deep over the past couple years, and Shields hasn't been performing like people thought he was going to after he shipped over from Strikeforce. Considering Fitch and Okami, who are considered on equal terms of excitement level as Shields, both got cut on relatively weak reasons it wouldn't surprise me at all if Shields was next on the chopping block. While I have found myself bored silly during some of those guys fights it still sure as hell ain't fair, but that seems to be Dana's new business model.

Last edited:
He'll definitely get cut. Dana is looking to cut anyone who is making bank and not meet his expectations.

Shields fans cling on to the 1 potential round that Jake won against GSP and pretend that GSP wasn't fighting with 1 eye for most of the fight. The way you guys should be looking at it is Shields couldn't even outstrike a 1 eyed person.

Cut shields ASAP, it's not like anyone will ever buy a PPV cause of his name, we all know his fans don't have any money. 0 explosiveness, terrible striking, uses drugs, boring to watch fight and to listen to in interviews. The guy doesn't have anything going for him at this point, he had his chance.

whatever.gif

Well in Dana's shoes I'd probably cut him too (if he loses badly to Maia that is). Why would you need him on your roster at that point? You can have a guy that loses but he's got to be well loved or exciting for that to work.

Shields fans cling on to the 1 potential round that Jake won against GSP and pretend that GSP wasn't fighting with 1 eye for most of the fight.

I'm not a Shields fan, but the scores were 48-47 on 2 of the 3 official scorecards and GSP won the first 3 rounds solidly so I'm pretty certain that Jake won 2 rounds vs GSP (4 and 5).

Good

He has been poor in the ufc

Kampmann beat him

Shields fans cling on to the 1 potential round that Jake won against GSP and pretend that GSP wasn't fighting with 1 eye for most of the fight. The way you guys should be looking at it is Shields couldn't even outstrike a 1 eyed person.

Cut shields ASAP, it's not like anyone will ever buy a PPV cause of his name, we all know his fans don't have any money. 0 explosiveness, terrible striking, uses drugs, boring to watch fight and to listen to in interviews. The guy doesn't have anything going for him at this point, he had his chance.

Troll somewhere else. I didn't say GSP lost to Jake but the complaining about GSP with one eye is girlie crap. Jake took the fight to GSP in the final two rounds with boxing. GSP looked like crap.

That doesn't really refute my point. Actually, it affirms it. The point is despite not being explosive or technically brilliant for the most part, he finds ways to be effective inside the cage. I'm not really one who cares how someone wins, just that they do win. He didn't win vs GSP obviously, but at least he took rounds. The ref is there to manage infractions, if he doesn't see it or doesn't care, then I don't care either. And I say the same even when the fighters that I like lose.

Yes he finds ways to win by cheating. Good for him.

I'm not a Shields fan, but the scores were 48-47 on 2 of the 3 official scorecards and GSP won the first 3 rounds solidly so I'm pretty certain that Jake won 2 rounds vs GSP (4 and 5).

Damn, maybe more fighters should incorporate eye pokes than? Check this out Shields fans..

gsppoke2.jpg

sheilds-eye-poke.jpg

5684576581_84e7c456f6.jpg

GSP is notorious for bruising easy and look... The only damage done to him was to his 1 eye......

gsp-eye.jpg

Shields is a joke, cut him.

Troll somewhere else. I didn't say GSP lost to Jake but the complaining about GSP with one eye is girlie crap. Jake took the fight to GSP in the final two rounds with boxing. GSP looked like crap.

gsp-eye-poke-om7rl.gif

That's some crisp boxing Jake got there.. Who's trolling?

Damn, maybe more fighters should incorporate eye pokes than? Check this out Shields fans..

gsppoke2.jpg

sheilds-eye-poke.jpg

5684576581_84e7c456f6.jpg

GSP is notorious for bruising easy and look... The only damage done to him was to his 1 eye......

gsp-eye.jpg

Shields is a joke, cut him.

People who think that the eye pokes was on purpose must've never competed/ trained mma ever. That's just bad luck and it's a shame that the ref didn't do something about it. But that's not Jakes fault...

(Just realized that I'm just feeding the troll. Oh well, that's it for me tonight guys. Goodnight :) )

Yes he finds ways to win by cheating. Good for him.

Was Jake fighting without a referee in the cage? It's not cheating if you don't get caught - then it's just gamesmanship. Trust me, GSP knows plenty about it himself. The UFC is supposed to be athletic competition at the very highest level of the sport. It's not some fucking youth league soccer camp.

And frankly, I find that given everything that's at stake, when you try to get all moral about what professional fighters do to try to get their hand raised at this level, you just come off like a douche.

People who think that the eye pokes was on purpose must've never competed/ trained mma ever. That's just bad luck and it's a shame that the ref didn't do something about it. But that's not Jakes fault..

ummm, There's a difference between throwing punches with a closed fist and an open one, Jake was throwing his punches with open hands.. That's not bad luck, that's a shitty striker throwing dirty punches. It is 100% Jakes fault I don't know what you're talking about.

gsp18.jpg

Confirmed for a guy who's only seen his UFC debut. The only reason Woodley/Marquardt is even remotely good (and it really isn't that good, just the Knockout) is because Marquardt was able to stay out of his cuddles for the most part.

No it's because woodley made it competitive despite being unable to take Nate down.

i hope not, but how things are going, i wont be surprissed...thanks Dana

Dana never saw Woodley in Strikeforce.

All mma he has ever seen, except the UFC, is highlight tapes from Pride.

Jake seems like a nice enough guy but he will be cut after losing to Maia.

It's weird to me he is in the scrap pack or whatever they call themselves.

Back