Jake Shields will probably be cut...

PirateTetra

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
... if Maia defeats him. Dana was upset as fuck when he won against Woodley (who was supposed to win just because his legs are massive) and was going berserk on twitter about it. If Maia beats him, I'm pretty sure he will get cut, just like Okami.

DanaTweet2.jpg

I'm a pretty big Shields fan so i think it would suck, but i doesen't matter if you're a fan or not. You should want to see the best fighters in the world no matter what their style is IMO. And Jake Shields is easily top 15 in one of the most stacked divisions in the UFC.

Jake-Shields_01-950x633.jpg

I found it hilarious how people claimed Shields was the boring fighter in threads back then.

Woodley gets called "Wanna Cuddle?" for a reason. The guy is borderline boxing hugging in some of his fights. Terrible staller.

He might, but he shouldn't be. He is on a 3 fight win streak (with the middle fight becoming a NC) and while he looks awkward, he is a very talented fighter.

Who cares about jake shields

One of the least interesting fighters on the roster, also one of the most boring and a cheater

I found it hilarious how people claimed Shields was the boring fighter in threads back then.

Woodley gets called "Wanna Cuddle?" for a reason. The guy is borderline boxing hugging in some of his fights. Terrible staller.

The only reason Tyron Woodley gets called "Wanna Cuddle?" is because you're trolling.

Who cares about jake shields

He's a great fighter with some of the best jitz in the entire WW division. His cardio is always great and even though his striking isn't the best (it sucks pretty bad), he has a huge heart, great chin and always keeps coming forward. That's why i care about him.

Woodley's fight with Mein was one of the most frustrating fights I've ever seen.

I think he'll be cut as well.

I thought Shields won that fight btw.

This.

I couldn't understand why people believed that Tyrone won that fight. He had his back pressed up against the fence the entire time and got outlanded by Jakes volume striking. It doesen't matter if Tyrone looks athletic and probably has more KO power. He didn't do shit in that fight and that's why he lost.

Given the pattern of the Fitch and Okami fights, I'd guess Shields is on thin ice.

Jake Shields should be cut. They didn't get much of a return on that investment.

This. Did you see woodley fight Marquardt? Or blast hieron?

Confirmed for a guy who's only seen his UFC debut. The only reason Woodley/Marquardt is even remotely good (and it really isn't that good, just the Knockout) is because Marquardt was able to stay out of his cuddles for the most part.

Jake shields is a good fighter, He has an amazing ground game and I'm picking him to beat Maia.

i'd rather watch an ant carry a carcass down a mile long driveway then watch shields fight...

If he goes balls to the wall and loses, maybe not.

Back