Jake Shields Suspension

Let's find out what happened. Quick, somebody hire these guys:

I wonder if he would do that just to save face for Shields if marijuana were not the substance.

As much as I dislike Jake Shields and his fighting style, I find it very hard to believe that it was anything other than pot. He seems like a legitimately good guy, and he probably got popped for weed because let's face it, most vegans are tokers. This isn't a generalization, this is an observation. Nothing wrong with toking (I've been known to toke quite a bit). TBH, I don't think pot should be grounds for suspension. It's just weed, it's not like you're gonna do better because of it. If you spend 10 hours a day in the gym training, you should be able to come home and smoke a joint.

Probably pot?

I always though HGH was steroids?
I don't know shit about steroids though.

You could say HGH is an anabolic hormone but it's not a steroid.
Steroids are a class of hormones that includes testosterone, estrogen and cortisone. So yes when you take some cortisone you're in fact taking a kind of steroid, but not an anabolic one. Also when you eat cholesterol
to be more precise
A steroid is a type of organic compound that contains a characteristic arrangement of four cycloalkane rings that are joined to each other. Examples of steroids include the dietary fat cholesterol, the sex hormones estradiol and testosterone, and the anti-inflammatory drug dexamethasone.

It's all about the chemistry man, HGH is a very different molecule, although in popular meaning steroids are "bad things that athletes take to get roided"

It probably wasn't steroids or marijuana. Could it have been something unusual such as a stimulant like adderal or possibly HGH?

The athletic commissions don't test for HGH. They also don't test for EPO, by the way.

The suspension's only for 6 months, so it was probably something like diuretics or maybe marijuana metabolites.

As much as I dislike Jake Shields and his fighting style, I find it very hard to believe that it was anything other than pot. He seems like a legitimately good guy, and he probably got popped for weed because let's face it, most vegans are tokers. This isn't a generalization, this is an observation. Nothing wrong with toking (I've been known to toke quite a bit). TBH, I don't think pot should be grounds for suspension. It's just weed, it's not like you're gonna do better because of it. If you spend 10 hours a day in the gym training, you should be able to come home and smoke a joint.

All of what you said is based on if marijuana was the substance.

Haha, are you sure that's not a generalization? Where is your evidence for it being an observation?

Back