Jake shields says "unfair to blast Jon for something he wasn't to be tested"

God_Emperor_Of_Mankind

Let's Palaver!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jake shields sympathizes with Jones.

"It just cost him millions of dollars in sponsorship money," Shields said. "It's a pretty serious issue to throw that out there. Obviously, he shouldn't be doing it and he probably needs a rehab process if he needs help on that end. But it seems unfair to blast him for something he wasn't supposed to be tested for."

source :http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/1...ones-cocaine-use-its-just-way-too-easy-to-get

Totally agree with Shields.

And I certainly ain't no Jones fan, but jeez. Athletic commissions have proven themselves to be far worse than anyone.

Jake feels that pain. Didn't he get his Ed Herman win reversed for pot? Or was what he tested positive for never actually released...might have been on that Jones bandwagon...

Basically, if you liked Jones before you still like him. If you didn't like Jones, this is just another reason to add to the list of things he's disliked for.

The test was as much an accident as Jones' eye pokes.

:D

I'm not gonna pretend im familiar with the testing unlike sherdog doctors but how can they mess up like this? Just test him and others for PEDs. Leave the others shit private. If its marijuana or coke.

I don't fully understand the whole in/out of competition testing but is there a reason why they were not supposed to test for coke? It seems like something they should be testing for.

I don't fully understand the whole in/out of competition testing but is there a reason why they were not supposed to test for coke? It seems like something they should be testing for.

Yes, they shouldn't be testing for coke because it's legal out of competition. They test for it in the pre and post fight tests.

In competition - day of fight (so pre fight and post fight tests).
Out of competition - every other day.

Out of competition, street drugs aren't banned. They're banned during competition.

Yes, they shouldn't be testing for coke because it's legal out of competition. They test for it in the pre and post fight tests.

In competition - day of fight (so pre fight and post fight tests).
Out of competition - every other day.

Out of competition, street drugs aren't banned. They're banned during competition.

I see, makes sense then why they should not have tested for it. That's kind of a shitty way for the AC's to potentially wreck a career.

this is how nuts it is. Work in the Alberta oils sands piss hot for coke job lost won't be sent to rehab by company. your union may.

In the middle of a train camp for the world title piss hot for coke nothing

I see, makes sense then why they should not have tested for it. That's kind of a shitty way for the AC's to potentially wreck a career.

Coke is never legal it is against the law. it is just not banned out of competition.

Just because the e wasn't supposed to happen, doesn't change the result

Should have been tested in the first place. Those Lombard throw s scrambled his thoughts.

Back