Jake shields holds wins over the Champ and 3 other top 5 fighters

Overrated? Maybe will stop thinking so highly of Maia when he stops wrecking dudes like children.

Yeah I remember that wrecking he put on Shields. Grade A, quality wrecks.

Beating non top fighter Neil Magny doesn't mean much. The dude had a streak against a bunch of guys that won't ever be top contenders.

Good fighter but not a great one.

Yup, he should still be in the UFC although he is past his prime. He went 4-3 in the UFC against great competition and he's 2-1 since leaving with the only loss to Palhares who should also be in the UFC.
Palhares should not be fighting anywhere. Shields probably only lost that fight because of how horribly dirty Palhares was playing

Every time I watch Shields fight I am astounded how he managed to beat top fighters. His standup looks like he came from Edmond Tarverdyan's gym.

It sucks that someone as talented as Jake Shields was never really received well MMA. I can see what people are saying when they say he is boring but his grappling was so damn good, I actually enjoyed a good deal of his fights.

He would beat Maia again. Maia is foolishly overrated by many

I would take Maia to beat him this time around, but hey.....that's just me. Jake Shields is one of the most overated fighters of all time. He had average UFC run where pretty much all his wins were split decisions. He's a good fighter and top WW, but not the top 5 that his fans make him out to be

One of the best fighters at WW but since he doesn't just stand in the pocket and throw haymakers he apparently is deemed "boring"

Sounds like a case of mixed martial arts discrimination.

I would take Maia to beat him this time around, but hey.....that's just me. Jake Shields is one of the most overated fighters of all time. He had average UFC run where pretty much all his wins were split decisions. He's a good fighter and top WW, but not the top 5 that his fans make him out to be

Exactly how I feel about Maia. I don't disagree with Shields' UFC run. Highly underwhelming but he did decisively beat Maia.

Back