Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley II MEGATHREAD *Locked

Does that Woodley KO loss to Jake Paul badly hurt the UFC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
268466573_3984727795085647_4973641445253811012_n.jpg

Sure

But what about the Extraterrestrial sales?

ET and his buddies bought it, as well as the Xenomorphs and Yautjas.

I bet millions streamed it illegally tho lol.
Exactly. But since the actual sales are the only metric you can use to judge the success of an event like this. And considering how the Paul’s have a massive internet following. 65K is a huge bomb no matter how you look at it. I guess his “fans” couldn’t con their parents out of the $60 or whatever the price was. There’s a difference between having free “followers”, as opposed to having paying customers.

"65k terrestrial PPV buys ... streaming numbers unknown."

Most viewers in Jake's demographic likely do not have cable or satellite services, so the majority of his buys would come from PPV streams. If anything, 65k terrestrial PPV buys is fairly impressive.

Regardless, that article was published to bash the Paul's and boxing, nothing more.
Stop making sense!!! This is sherdog and we hate Jake Paul!

It did 300k or 500k or something last time on showtine. There is no way it did just 65k. Use ur brains ppl. U can expect a slight drop off but never that much

It did 300k or 500k or something last time on showtine. There is no way it did just 65k. Use ur brains ppl. U can expect a slight drop off but never that much
That is exactly what fads are. Popular one day and extremely uncool the next. This was a joke from the very beginning.. A novelty. People get bored really quick these days. I wouldn’t be surprised if the numbers are accurate. No big fan of either sport took that shit seriously.

Gotta be a sucker to pay for that crap. Step into the Octagon Jake Paul or forever be a con man.

I think we have a year to 18 months left of celebrity boxing. Its a circus.

Jake Paul - Fight a real cruiser-weight and lets see if it goes two rounds. He'd get killed, he's a YouTube Tomato Can
MMA is a circus and it's been around for nearly 30 years. Pro wrestling which MMA is modeled after is over 120 years old. There will always be a market for freak show fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back