News Jake Paul vs Mike Perry is official for July 20th

Who wins?

• Total voters
Perry definitely itley hits harder but gasses easy. If he cant rock him good by 3rd Pail wins in a de ision or late ko

mike perry is going to get whooped in a boxing ring. its a nice paycheck for him though, he doesn't care.
and I'm a fanboy, but let's be realistic...he is a sloppy boxer with no defense.
in bkfc he would be whoopin paul all day.
good for him though to get paid phat.
The sparred each other a few years ago. Jake released a clip of him dropping Mike. Mike said " yeah you got me, but show the rest of the footage". I know it's a few years later and Jake has progressed skill wise, but Perry will always be a live dog. I think, and I hope Jake takes a bad L here.

Great. Hopefully Perry stops him and the Tyson fight dies.

Some people thinking senior citizen Tyson has anything against anyone with a pulse is ridiculous. He would go down as soon as he get touched. It would be even sadder than watching shopworn Belfort dispatching the corpse of Holyfield.

Think Paul is too big, too strong and a better boxer. That being said, WAR PLATINUM !!

You should move this to the Heavies.
No one here cares about these fights. Its all MMA fans that watch Jake Paul fights.

Major respect to Platinum as a true BKFC warrior, unfortunately Paul should easily win.
Reality is Perry will earn more from that half hour fiasco than we will in our lifetime.

Great. Hopefully Perry stops him and the Tyson fight dies.

Some people thinking senior citizen Tyson has anything against anyone with a pulse is ridiculous. He would go down as soon as he get touched. It would be even sadder than watching shopworn Belfort dispatching the corpse of Holyfield.
At his age some people are still pretty strong, and they might be able to jog as far as ever. But reflexes, balance, and the ability to change directions quickly are usually significantly diminished for everyone that age.
Plus Tyson abused a lot of drugs, that takes a toll in many different ways.

I agree with the general premise of what you're saying, but most are exaggerating how small Perry is. Someone on this forum even described him as a 155 pounder, despite making his UFC debut at 170 <lmao>

Perry walks around at circa 200 pounds.

This is how much he weighed 6 years ago on fight week.

xCQIXhW.jpg

Dude when they weigh in, the size disparity will be apparent. There's a reason Perry fought at 170lbs most of his career and 155lbs early in his MMA career. He was never a big 170lber and showing "walk around weight" with a picture of a scale doesn't really dispute anything. Jake fights mostly at 200lbs and sometimes off weights like 185, 187, 192 etc. Perry will be the much smaller man ontop of being a 14-8 MMA fighter turned Bareknuckle boxer with tons of miles on him. Dudes giving up an easy 15lbs of muscle and bone, he will show up looking soft if it's at 185lbs.

That said? War platinum, hope he breaks Paul's mouth.

Dude when they weigh in, the size disparity will be apparent. There's a reason Perry fought at 170lbs most of his career and 155lbs early in his MMA career. He was never a big 170lber and showing "walk around weight" with a picture of a scale doesn't really dispute anything. Jake fights mostly at 200lbs and sometimes off weights like 185, 187, 192 etc. Perry will be the much smaller man ontop of being a 14-8 MMA fighter turned Bareknuckle boxer with tons of miles on him. Dudes giving up an easy 15lbs of muscle and bone, he will show up looking soft if it's at 185lbs.

I think it's the opposite. He has fought all his fights well under 200 pounds, and only had 2 fights at 200 pounds. You phrase it as if he is occasionally 185 etc, that is his walking weight.

If Mike Perry fights at 170, then his walking weight is in the 180s or early 190s.

You mentioned that Perry was a 155 pounder early in his career, but it makes it seem like he is this tiny guy. Literally his first two fights as he started were at 155, it's like saying Canelo started at 147 or something.

If we are phrasing it in a way to make Mike Perry look like a small welterweight in MMA, then Jake Paul is a tiny cruiserweight in boxing. The only reason why his fights are listed at cruiserweight are because there is no weight class between 175 and 200, he is not a natural 200 pound person or even close to one.

His brother, who wrestles in WWE and thus, doesn't have to worry about functionality only size, looks well below 200 pounds for comparisons sake.

Mike Perry is stocky so he just looks smaller than he is. Perry will look at least bigger than Woodley did in his fight with Paul, and no one would say Woodley wasn't a natural welterweight.

Last edited:
Jake is a low level boxer, the level of the new growing sport of bare knuckle is too new so Mike competitions is not there yet. That being said I want a win from Mike.

Extremely biased take. From Perry himself, he was close to 200 pounds on fight week. That means he's not a small guy by any means, and doesn't walk around dramatically less than Jake Paul.

Jake himself has weighed in recently at 185. It's basically a WW Vs a MW. Like say, GSP Vs Bisping.

Is Paul bigger? Of course, but Perry is not the "much" smaller man no, that's pure hyperbole. There's a size difference but hardly an insurmountable one.

The sparred each other a few years ago. Jake released a clip of him dropping Mike. Mike said " yeah you got me, but show the rest of the footage". I know it's a few years later and Jake has progressed skill wise, but Perry will always be a live dog. I think, and I hope Jake takes a bad L here.

When someones in their 50s every year of aging makes a dramatic difference.

Back