Rumored Jake Paul vs Julio Cesar Chavez JR

This fight is interesting, who knows who of these two have tarnished boxing more but I wonder if Jr decided to take it serious and knocks Paul out, will he become the hero we never expected and sort of turn things around in the eyes of the public?

Chavez went 12 rounds with Canelo only 4 years ago, so people need to stop acting like he's some can that Paul is going to KO.

After Julio showed up overweight and loss to an out of prime Silva call me crazy picking Paul
I think Chavez Jr handles Paul pretty easily, but I also thought he’d handle Anderson Silva so who knows?

can't say I disagree

Truth is if he put any fucking effort in vs Silva he should have wiped the floor with him. He's not above a cash grab.
lol at paul being compared to anderson

I saw Chavez Jr’s last fight (against Zegarra, same day as the Paul vs Woodley rematch), and I have to say he did look better than against Anderson at least, though far from his peak form. He’s still not throwing as much, but his cardio looked improved and I hope he is on his way up.

IMO, the only way he loses against Jake would be by taking a dive. He is a pro boxer, and wouldn’t be undersized. The fight makes sense and is sort of intriguing because Chavez Jr can be so unpredictable at times… hope he can get a final payday, doesn’t strike me as a bad guy just a headcase.

Jr. said Paul is too big so he will only take the fight if he gets 50/50. Basically a duck lol

"I watched it on AZTECA, mexican TV,,fights like this one is what tarnishes boxing,,it was upsetting to watch,,fight was made in Jr.’s backyard in Culiacan, vs. a small fighter, a super welter at most ballooned to light heavy, Jr. looked like a giant against this fighter from Peru that had lost his 3 last fights by KO vs unknowns. Jr. was visibly gassed from the 3rd round on, was outworked for most of the fight, never really hurt his much smaller opponent, and when it came decision time, they didn’t bother to read the judges scorecard, very quickly the ring announcer said; the winner by unanimous decision, J Chavez Jr.,,even the hometown crowd was stunned, upset, and booing. Patetic to say the least"

I saw Chavez Jr’s last fight (against Zegarra, same day as the Paul vs Woodley rematch), and I have to say he did look better than against Anderson at least, though far from his peak form. He’s still not throwing as much, but his cardio looked improved and I hope he is on his way up.
well these are conflicting views on the same night.

chavez being out of shape and winning a shady decision over an undersized opponent in his back yard seems more likely to me than the idea of him looking better in any way. maybe i'm being unfair, but that man is a monumental disappointment.

well these are conflicting views on the same night.

chavez being out of shape and winning a shady decision over an undersized opponent in his back yard seems more likely to me than the idea of him looking better in any way. maybe i'm being unfair, but that man is a monumental disappointment.

I’m not saying he looked good, but he did look better than against Anderson imo. That’s all I’m saying, a bit of an improvement.

The fight was at 187lbs, and I believe his opponent usually fights at 168lbs so the size advantage was indeed big.

lol at paul being compared to anderson
The point is Chavez is so far ahead of both of them that the skill difference is negligible in reality. But he'll take a dive or do nothing if asked. It's sad, because he may not have ever been king of the mountain but he clearly had enough talent to contend. Something which neither Anderson or Paul could dream of.

I just came here to say betting on Chavez Jr. the lazy, indifferent slouch isn't a good idea. even against a novice who is actually TRYING to win the match.

My personal experience, and one I've heard from others, is that broken ribs hurt a lot more in the healing process than at the time.

Broken jaws really hurt, and (heroic) guys have fought on with those...
Likely didn’t enter the cage with broken jaw though …big difference

I've picked all Jake's fights correctly to date. If he fights Chavez, he loses. The woodley fight was absolutely terrible - people are forgetting that. It was amateur hour out there. Chavez, as degraded as he is, is still a real boxer and does not just have one telegraphed over hand and a right. Anderson would KO woodley in short order but never had Chavez in real trouble.

The Paul train coming to an end soon, as he needs to keep increasing the risk factor and he and a totally shot woodley were as evenly matched as they come. Tommy, Chavez, Vitor, Andy all will be too much.
Agreed….The knockout made people forget how ugly it was …..

I can’t fault Paul for trying to make as much money as possible but if he wants to be taken seriously as a boxer this isn’t the way to do it. I mean what other boxers are able to pick their opponents? I can’t think of any. In my opinion showtime should pair him up against another young up and coming boxer who’s also trying to make a name for himself, around the same weight class and wins recorded.

Boxing is literally all fighting picking and choosing their opponents til their 30-0. What are you talking about?

You think if Andy dedicated his career to boxing and not MMA that he could not even contend?
No, I do not. I think Anderson excelled at having so many options. He was able to utilize his length and versatility in the standup through kickboxing way more than he ever could in boxing. He looked up to RJJ, I can only imagine he'd be a poor version of that at best.

Back