Rumored Jake Paul vs Julio Cesar Chavez JR

I have to laugh at all the idiots saying "I wanna see Jake Paul fight an actual pro boxer."

He tried to fight an actual pro boxer... the guy dick tucked and dropped out.

JCC Jr will be an interesting fight. JCC Jr is a coke head and really doesn't train hard, but he's been in there with top-class guys.
I'd hardly refer to your rib literally snapping clean in two and then getting infected as a "dick tuck". That is like saying Anderson 'dick tucked' in the second weidman fight when his leg snapped in half. This aint Monty Python when getting your legs cut off is a 'flesh wound'.

I've picked all Jake's fights correctly to date. If he fights Chavez, he loses. The woodley fight was absolutely terrible - people are forgetting that. It was amateur hour out there. Chavez, as degraded as he is, is still a real boxer and does not just have one telegraphed over hand and a right. Anderson would KO woodley in short order but never had Chavez in real trouble.

The Paul train coming to an end soon, as he needs to keep increasing the risk factor and he and a totally shot woodley were as evenly matched as they come. Tommy, Chavez, Vitor, Andy all will be too much.

Silva schooled Chavez at 46yrs old. Not sure why so many would pick Chavez over Paul. Could be a good fight, Paul just needs to land one shot.

this is dumb.

yeah, JCC is a definitive step up from fucking tyron woodley, but let's be real here. he hasn't looked good in what, 10 years?

jake paul has no aspirations to actually become ranked and fight for a championship. he just fought woodley for the second time, for fuck's sake. he is a celebrity who wants to have some boxing matches and he's doing a good job at it... but it's also what he's being criticised for. some twat going "a-ha! how will you criticise him now??" doesn't change anything. we can criticise him all the same for fighting a shot JCC, but i will gladly acknowledge that he will in fact fight his first pro boxer. that doesn't mean he's as good as he and his fans want to act.

I think Jake Paul is better than most give him credit for. He's got some power, his technique isn't horrible. He could surprise Chavez Jr.

That said, Julio has to be the favorite to win.

I think Woodley exposed Jake. IMO Chavez would destroy him if he doesnt take a dive.

It’s been a long while since I’ve seen Chavez Jr, but I recall him being not a bad fighter at all. More he stood out as trash compared to the top fighters he was getting.

It’s been a long while since I’ve seen Chavez Jr, but I recall him being not a bad fighter at all. More he stood out as trash compared to the top fighters he was getting.
lol he fought twice just this year.

I don’t know Chavez Jr’s character, but the humiliation from his last fight should be enough motivation to take this more serious.

this is dumb.

yeah, JCC is a definitive step up from fucking tyron woodley, but let's be real here. he hasn't looked good in what, 10 years?

jake paul has no aspirations to actually become ranked and fight for a championship. he just fought woodley for the second time, for fuck's sake. he is a celebrity who wants to have some boxing matches and he's doing a good job at it... but it's also what he's being criticised for. some twat going "a-ha! how will you criticise him now??" doesn't change anything. we can criticise him all the same for fighting a shot JCC, but i will gladly acknowledge that he will in fact fight his first pro boxer. that doesn't mean he's as good as he and his fans want to act.

I think taking on JCC (and yes, a JCC on the downhill slide, fully acknowledged) in your 6th boxing match is a significant challenge. It's a real boxer. He's about the same size (for once). He's got a lot of significant experience. That's not an easy fight for Paul.

Yes, there's 100 better boxers out there right now. But obviously Paul is looking for guys he is a good chance of beating.

I can’t fault Paul for trying to make as much money as possible but if he wants to be taken seriously as a boxer this isn’t the way to do it. I mean what other boxers are able to pick their opponents? I can’t think of any. In my opinion showtime should pair him up against another young up and coming boxer who’s also trying to make a name for himself, around the same weight class and wins recorded.

Last edited:
I don’t know Chavez Jr’s character, but the humiliation from his last fight should be enough motivation to take this more serious.
He won this past weekend.

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/214371

Although, fightnews stated that the score cards were not read out loud.

https://fightnews.com/chavez-jr-defeats-zagarra-in-return/126052

Edit: from the comments section

"I watched it on AZTECA, mexican TV,,fights like this one is what tarnishes boxing,,it was upsetting to watch,,fight was made in Jr.’s backyard in Culiacan, vs. a small fighter, a super welter at most ballooned to light heavy, Jr. looked like a giant against this fighter from Peru that had lost his 3 last fights by KO vs unknowns. Jr. was visibly gassed from the 3rd round on, was outworked for most of the fight, never really hurt his much smaller opponent, and when it came decision time, they didn’t bother to read the judges scorecard, very quickly the ring announcer said; the winner by unanimous decision, J Chavez Jr.,,even the hometown crowd was stunned, upset, and booing. Patetic to say the least"

Last edited:
Back