Rumored Jake Paul vs. Conor McGregor 2022; Jake Paul claiming to be the MONEY fight.

Will Jake Paul vs Conor McGregor Happen?

• Total voters
No chance in hell that Dana lets this happen as long as Conor's under contract. He despises Jake.

Reactions: lsa
Seven pages on this potential matchup has me thinking this fight will actually happen.

God I hope not. I don’t like McRat, but he should have enough $$ not to take such a farce and throw away what little dignity he has left.

Tommy Fury is a potential match up. Tommy Fury's opponents aren't really that much better quality and even if Woodley isn't a boxer per say he is a much more decorated fighter than anyone Tommy Fury has fought. Like I said after Woodley he will most likely be fighting another boxer. That's why he's signed to Showtime Sports and didn't stay with Triller. He will be properly tested with that promotion and they will see how good Jake Paul really is.

Well again at only 6-0 Fury is still very much a prospect. And after some more fights for him and Jake Paul, perhaps they do eventually face off - we'll see

Yeah, Woodley having fought in the UFC and being a champion for that organization he certainly is more decorated. That said, you have to take into account

#1. Woodley is 39 years old

#2. He's lost his last 4 MMA bouts (last win for Woodley was in Sept of 2018)

3. at 5’9, he's undersized (not that size is everything)... though this fight being at 190lbs will help T-Wood a bit as he doesn't have to worry about weight cutting

Regardless, weigh out all the pro’s and cons. Sure Woodley has more pro Combat experience, which has already been covered, but he's older, is on a bit of a skid and still has ZERO pro boxing experience

and the statements I marked in red sound nice in theory, but remain to be seen. Blanket hypotheticals

5hu68f.gif

Bet the farm Conor will do some version of celebrity boxing within the next few years.

He can't beat ranked top guys in the lightweight division and he'll never make featherweight again. If Conor does get the Poirer rematch or another top 5 opponent, he's likely to lose. Other than a third Diaz fight, there isn't much for him in the UFC.

Doing one of these boxing gigs is a huge payday and the UFC will probably be willing to do it for a piece of it.

I don;t think it will happen, cause the youtuber will most likely T/KO conor at this stage (or at least win by doctors stoppage). Conor will kill himself, the last thing he wants is to be KOd by a youtuber.

Its goin to happen but in 12 years. Its going to be really wtf.

Jake Paul beats him by being an actual full time MW boxer against a part-time LW boxer.

Well again at only 6-0 Fury is still very much a prospect. And after some more fights for him and Jake Paul, perhaps they do eventually face off - we'll see

Yeah, Woodley having fought in the UFC and being a champion for that organization he certainly is more decorated. That said, you have to take into account

#1. Woodley is 39 years old

#2. He's lost his last 4 MMA bouts (last win for Woodley was in Sept of 2018)

3. at 5’9, he's undersized (not that size is everything)... though this fight being at 190lbs will help T-Wood a bit as he doesn't have to worry about weight cutting

Regardless, weigh out all the pro’s and cons. Sure Woodley has more pro Combat experience, which has already been covered, but he's older, is on a bit of a skid and still has ZERO pro boxing experience

and the statements I marked in red sound nice in theory, but remain to be seen. Blanket hypotheticals
I've taken all that into consideration and analyzed their boxing skills that's why I have Jake Paul as the slight favorite. Only thing I haven't seen yet is how Jake Paul handles getting hit and how is his cardio if the fight doesn't end early. Those factors can give Woodley the win. But yes, currently I have Jake Paul as the slight favorite going into the fight. I'll have to keep analyzing Woodley's boxing progress as the fight gets closer to see if that changes.

Jake Paul is almost an HW. He always picks opponents with significant reach disadvantages.
At least his brother is fighting someone near his size in Anderson Silva.

Paul will break McNuggets even before the fight with trash talk alone and will send the elder beating manlet back to obscurity collecting welfare.

Not really.
Paul is a coward challenging much smaller and older guys in a pure niche sport.
If he were to challenge McGregor to an MMA fight at openweight that would be different.
I think alot of 200Ibs amateur boxers would have a good chance to beat McGregor in straight boxing.

Challenging Conor to an openweight MMA match? C'mon, that would make zero sense. The boxing angle is the only way to get a fight with McGregor, and now really looks to be a great time for both parties (assuming he beats Woodley). Conor has no future in MMA now, short of fighting Nate one more time. But even (winning) that fight is highly dubious now, considering his injuries. He really has nowhere to go--he needs a Win in the worst way but no good opponent that he can realistically beat (I think Nate is it). But a move to boxing, where his broken leg won't be a factor? That makes a lot of sense. He can carefully choose opponents like Jake is doing... and as far as fighting Jake goes, he should want to fight him sooner than later if you want to be honest about this. Jake is much younger, bound to improve. Now... he's never going to improve to the point where he's challenging for world titles like he thinks he will (that is a joke). But will he be better two years from now? For sure. And (with his size advantage), Conor's chances of beating him go down.

However, let's say Conor comes out and sparks Jake Paul in Q1 2022, no matter what people want to say about Jake at that point, a WIN (and hopefully for him, a KO of an opponent) will be the lasting impression he would have left with the public. From there, he can again dictate what he does.

If he comes back, and fights (and loses) to Poirier yet again, the shine comes off him even more than it already has. Then he just looks like Cowboy Cerrone does now (a beaten down old war horse).

I've taken all that into consideration and analyzed their boxing skills that's why I have Jake Paul as the slight favorite. Only thing I haven't seen yet is how Jake Paul handles getting hit and how is his cardio if the fight doesn't end early. Those factors can give Woodley the win. But yes, currently I have Jake Paul as the slight favorite going into the fight. I'll have to keep analyzing Woodley's boxing progress as the fight gets closer to see if that changes.

Fair enough. The one thing I found a bit shocking was this fight has a rematch clause in the event that Woodley wins.

and if you want to quote me on my thoughts on Jake Paul's progress as a boxer - I think he's purposely choosing to box guys he sees as easier match ups

as for Woodley-Paul, I got it closer to 70-30 for Paul. I read some bits about Woodley learning the Cuban boxing style ... spending a lot of time on his toes, and that makes me think he'll be done come fight night. While I'm NOT 100% ruling out a W for Tyron .... I don't see Woodley's past combat experience helping him in a boxing bout. Especially at his age of 39

And closing out with Jake Paul's future going forward - I dunno why you keep insisting that he'll fight a boxer. He's even said when asked that question, "No, I don't think I have to"

Back