Jake Paul vs Askren / Boxing MEGA Discussion

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wtf? When I was a kid I just rode my bike all day and built tree houses until I hit puberty and became an awkward horny kid. I must have skipped over the "I want to watch people die" phase.

I was teen. I guess you did weirdo.

My first Paul brothers thread... I feel bad

<{clintugh}><{clintugh}>

It's pretty obvious with his gimmick and what he does in his pre-fights and face-offs. Copies a lot of Conor's antics and mannerisms during face-offs. He isn't the only fighter though, lots of fighters copy Conor from his fighting style, tattoos, catch phrases, fashion style, trash talk, etc. Some are just more obvious than others.

I came to say this, I remember faces of death being weirdly real, maybe not popular, but definitely known about, and not as niché as one would expect.

Documentingreality was one of the site I use to visit, and never really got bothered until I aged more and I guess more of my frontal lobe formed to be like, "yo, this is sick as fuck dude" also believe alot of the serial murderers kinda did that alittle to much at younger age, got alittle to desensitized, and eventually progressively started to act out extremely fucked up things.

Faces of death, bestgore, documentingreality were all thing that go back at least a decade or more, (faces of death as you've said literally had VHS tapes lol).

Ive seen some extremely fucked up things, like on par with the Japanese torture stuff back in WW2/Holocaust experiments, that are basically happening daily, that have probably made me realize just how fucking terrifying some people can be, and that a lot of these people in those videos doing the brutality live "normal 9-5's" and just had a victim aside from the usual cartel victim videos just as disturbing.

It's also disturbing exactly just how long or how much it can sometimes take for the human body to give up, even while you're praying for death but biological evolution is still trying to keep you alive.

Humans truly have a capacity to do some extremely, extremely, fucked up, things. The human mind is a beautiful, yet can also be disturbing thing.

I'm sorry, and I will say I cannot watch those things anymore without truly feeling, I don't know, just not fucking comfortable, really really uncomfortable.

<FutbolThink>

What the fuck was wrong with me to even see those things I'll never know, just glad I have too much empathy now as I've aged

<30>
<Prem974>
<{katwhu}>
<{ByeHomer}>
Same happened to me. I was a big gore fan on my teens early 20s, and saw all the faces of death, early internet beheadings and shit. Even stuff like Bum Fights can be considered taboo nowadays, so this generation isnt much worse than mine. I grew out of it.
I cant even do a line of coke without thinking how many people where tortured and died in order for me to get that gram or whatever.

If that's the case then schmo wants to be like Pee Wee Herman and we know how that ended.

Remember those vhs tapes like the banned in America ( significantly more brutal) some faces of death were all the rage a several decades ago and you could just pay money to watch people commit suicide or get killed for like $1.99?

Ive never seen the Paul video but in my younger days I’ve sought out worse from the local vhs stores.

and you’re upset about a guy hanging in a tree? That suicide forest is interesting. It’s like the Golden Gate Bridge in the USA. People constantly flock to kill themselves in those places.

I wonder where the other places of the world where that’s a spot people choose to kill themselves.

Seeking out material out of curiosity is not the same as trying to monetise someone’s suicide by documenting it and uploading it with a thumbnail of you next to the guys corpse doing soy face. The Paul brothers are completely out of touch and are only doing so well because each other’s shine rubs off on the other one. Whatever Jake does Logan gets credit for and vice versa.

My first Paul brothers thread... I feel bad

<{clintugh}><{clintugh}>

no conor wants to be jake paul. conor had to sell proper 12 and fight to make the millions he does.

jake paul makes millions on youtube and playing video games.

When the brother who filmed a guy who had commited suicide seems like the more decent person...

I wonder sometimes,were we and the stuff we watched and followed as kids as retarded as that?

My first real, deep "am I out of touch?" moment was pretty much Jake Paul's existence and success.

I just don't get it, and it bothers me more than it should...

That wad pretty obvious since the first time I saw him talking about fighting. It's very not subtle.

Remember those vhs tapes like the banned in America ( significantly more brutal) some faces of death were all the rage a several decades ago and you could just pay money to watch people commit suicide or get killed for like $1.99?

Ive never seen the Paul video but in my younger days I’ve sought out worse from the local vhs stores.

and you’re upset about a guy hanging in a tree? That suicide forest is interesting. It’s like the Golden Gate Bridge in the USA. People constantly flock to kill themselves in those places.

I wonder where the other places of the world where that’s a spot people choose to kill themselves.
There's a cliff in Australia a lot of people jump from

My first real, deep "am I out of touch?" moment was pretty much Jake Paul's existence and success.

I just don't get it, and it bothers me more than it should...
Ι know man. It's not just the cringe that bothers me. Logan is "lame" as well but at least he seems like a normal person. Jake on the other hand seems like a real sociopath.

People like them and all the terrible tik tok cringe made me reflect on our stuff when we were younger. I am 30 right, so I was a teenager when you tubers started. And our stuff were not much better. Like early smosh Fred etc were shit as well so who knows...

Back