Media Jake Paul in talks to train in MMA at AKA

Everyone is so salty. He seems to train hard and take it seriously. People have been on his case about doing MMA and when he says he is gong to train it people complain about that...I don't understand the hatred

I welcome him coming to mma. He will learn quickly that boxing is far different than mma. He is going to learn the hard way about defending take downs, getting his legs kicked, having to defend subs, ocatagon space vs being in a boxing ring, ect. They are worlds apart and aren’t the same sport. There is so much more in mma that you have to train and learn as opposed to just standing and using your hands. I’m sure he will learn this lesson very quickly.

Why? If Jake shows up respectful and is there to learn and acts humble I don't see any reason why DC, or anyone there, would want to fuck him up or put him in place? What exactly has he done wrong to any of them or disrespected them? From everything I can tell he trains hard.

Ya, he talks trash, but those guys know it's all part of selling tickets and making money. I can't believe I am actually seeing his point in all this but I don't understand why everyone here seems to think all UFC fighters must hate him. I think they all love him b/c he's bringing eyes and making people a lot of money. Plus he's a thorn in Dana's side.
That is not how gym culture works. He goes to the gym. He is already going to have a huge target on his back since he is the youtube guy. Not to mention he started shit with one of the former captains of the place. You forget the whole Jon Jones and DC rivalry started over something as simple as I bet I can take you down.

That is not how gym culture works. He goes to the gym. He is already going to have a huge target on his back since he is the youtube guy. Not to mention he started shit with one of the former captains of the place. You forget the whole Jon Jones and DC rivalry started over something as simple as I bet I can take you down.

You may be right somewhat. And sure that's absolutely the case in a "bro gym". But I also gotta think just from common sense that these guys at AKA are professionals and business men. It's good for their gym to have Jake there and if he's respectful they'll treat him fine. They'll probably love to hang out with the guy, get some free publicity, hang out with him at the clubs or in public, etc. It's fun for them.

Then again, DC has a massive massive ego so I can see him trying to throw his weight around.

I think if Paul goes into the gym with the proper attitude guys won't give him too much trouble. Hard to say what he is like behind the scenes

I mean, if the level of boxing he’s talking about is boxing people that aren’t boxers, then why can’t he do mma against people that aren’t mma fighters? Makes sense, put him in there against the Undertaker or something.

LMFAO

He will most likely ask to fight a “bad ass” female and try to justify it.

He hasnt fought a boxer yet and hes transitioning to mma? Lmao. Fuck it. I still say the card to make is diaz bros vs paul bros. I was thinking boxing but mma would be cool too. I got diaz brothers win by literal murder if its mma.

He's said on multiple occasions that he wouldn't be able to beat an actual boxer you stupid fucks.

He also clearly knows the difference between boxing and MMA so idk why you retards are saying he's going to "learn real quick what the difference is"

He wants to try out MMA and will probably turn that into another multi million dollar venture doing something he enjoys while you asshats sit on the couch trying to convince yourself that's a bad thing.

i believe in jake paul. people are harsh on him just cause he comes from youtube... yet there are plenty of mma fighters that came from walmart or the paint shop etc... yet they get a pass

i believe in jake paul. people are harsh on him just cause he comes from youtube... yet there are plenty of mma fighters that came from walmart or the paint shop etc... yet they get a pass

a large portion of these clowns think mma guys are hatched out a coliseum in Rome when in reality as you said most of em came from basic jobs, started to train part time and here they are

You may be right somewhat. And sure that's absolutely the case in a "bro gym". But I also gotta think just from common sense that these guys at AKA are professionals and business men. It's good for their gym to have Jake there and if he's respectful they'll treat him fine. They'll probably love to hang out with the guy, get some free publicity, hang out with him at the clubs or in public, etc. It's fun for them.

Then again, DC has a massive massive ego so I can see him trying to throw his weight around.
AKA is one of the biggest bro gyms. I am not saying they will never accept him. They are just going to beat him down to see where he falls within the pecking order. Make him humble? If Jake Paul can survive that shark tank mentality then good for him. DC has his own wrestling academy and he might not even be at AKA often. I am sure people are going to try to test Jake Paul though.

a large portion of these clowns think mma guys are hatched out a coliseum in Rome when in reality as you said most of em came from basic jobs, started to train part time and here they are
there is no denying that MMA is by far the easiest sport to get yourself on TV or at the very least streaming online doing it and be considered a "pro." Its not really the sports fault. The problem is it's too expensive to train it for most people while kids get baseball/basketball/football etc lessons for free in public tax paid school.. so the competition is stiffer in traditional sports simply cause more people are doing it. If only 10 people on earth do a certain sport then the worst of the 10 is technically a pro at it. Give it another 10 years and maybe finally the part time fighter part time walmart clerk tier fighters will finally be weeded out from the regional scene let alone from promotions that have major international television distribution deals

Was he a college wrestler ?
His boxing is slick. I would say he can handle himself with proper training
His brother was a really solid collegiate wrestler. I dont think Jake is as talented in grappling.

ill bet he actually has success with this. obviously wont be champ, but could take out a few low level or past prime pros.

jake vs bj. who wins?

DC....
cover5.jpg

He should train at AKA so he can stuff Conors takedown attempts and then KO him. He already had experience in wrestling so he'd do better than any average boxer

Imagine conor panic wrestling and jake stuffing the takedown and landing a sweet uppercut lol

Back