Jake Mackenzie Seminars!

Hillary

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Roberto "Cyborg" Abreu black belt Jake Mackenzie is available to do seminars in North America and Europe this fall and winter. Jake is an outstanding competitor, having already won the CBJJE South American and Central West Brazilian Championships, the CBJJO Worlds, and the Copa Pitbull Championships as a black belt despite having only received his black belt in June.

Aside from being a great competitor, Jake has proven himself as a great training partner and instructor. Considered one of the most influential parts of the team at his home gym of Fight Sports in Miami, Florida, Jake also has extensive seminar and guest instructor experience--including the gyms of UFC vet Roli Delgado and BJJ Phenom Ryan Hall.

From a personal standpoint, I can tell you that Jake really is a great instructor. Roli brought him into our gym for a month and he really improved our games. His half guard is on another level and his patience to teach even me shows you that he can teach anyone from white belt to black belt.

Please contact me if interested! Thank you!

34638_10150196050500262_560365261_13181665_4395565_n.jpg

-(Titles) -2001 CBJJ Pan American Championships, 3rd place (Kissame, Florida)
-2002 CBJJ Pan American Championships, 3rd place (Kissame, Florida)
-2003 ES Selectiva Championship, 2nd place (Espirto Santos, Brazil)
-2004 ES Selectiva Championship, 1st place
-competed extensively in wrestling (2003-2005)
-2006 Olympia Cup Champion (Belo Horizonte, Brazil)
-2006 Rio de Janeiro State Championships 2nd place (CBJJO)
-2006 Selectiva Champion (qualifier for 2006 Worlds)
-2006 Mata Grosso Do Sul State Champion (Brazil)
-2007 Grapplers Quest Advanced diviosn 3rd place, gi middleweight (NJ)
-2007 Rio De Janeiro State Champion (CBJJO)
-2007 Rio De Janeiro State Championship 3rd place open weight (CBJJO)
-2007 Rio State(FJJRIO) 2nd in open weight division
-2007 LERJJI Tornie da Rosas, Niteroi city championships 3rd place
-2007 U.S. Open, lightweight Champion
-2007 Ranked 5th for the year, in the absolute division for Rio de Janerio State Jiujitsu Federation Circuit
-2008 Florida State No gi, flash power cup of grappling, advanced lightweight champ
-2008 CBJJ Pan American, Lightweight CHAMPION (won 6 fights back to back)
-2008 CBJJE Brazilian national championships, 3rd place, open weight division
-2008 CBJJ Rio International Open, 2nd place (lightweight, brown belt)
-2008 Areana Buzios middle weight Champion (brown belt)
-2008 Areana Buzios open weight up to 80kgs Champion (brown belt)
-2008 etapa do FJJE, Copa Pro Fight, middle weight champion
-2008 Rio Grappling Challenge Super-Fight Champion
-2008 Rio State light weight Champion (brown belt)
-2009 Abu Dhabi WORLD Pro North & Central America Trials Champion,welterweight, brown/black belt division!!!
-2009 CBJJ Pan American, brown belt, light weight 2nd place
-2009 American National Team Member, Abu Dhabi Pro World Cup
-2009 CBJJE South American, brown belt, 2nd place
-2009 CBJJE Central Brazilian Champion, lightweight
-2009 CBJJE Central Brazilian Championship, bronze medalist, open weight
-2009 Copa Gavazza Championship, 2nd place, lightweight brown belt
-2009 Copa RENASCER DE JIU-JITSU, Rio de Janiero, absolute Champion
-2009 CBJJ Rio International Open, brown belt, lightweight, 2nd place
-2009 CBJJ American National Champion, lightweight brown
-2009 CBJJ Miami Interntional Open Absolute Champ
-2010 CBJJ European Champion, lightweight brown belt
-2010 Canadian Abu Dhabi Pro Trials Champ, brown and black belt, lightweight division
-2010 De La Riva Cup Absolute Champion (closed division with my master Roberto Abreu)
-2010 CBJJE South American Champion, black belt lightweight
-2010 CBJJE Central Brazilan Champion, black belt lightweight
-2010 Copa Pitbull Bonsucesso Champion, black belt lightweight
-2010 CBJJO World Cup Champion, black belt lightweight

I had the pleasure of a few lessons with Jake when i first started BJJ. Great guy, great teacher.

+1 for an awesome guy! Hopefully he'll be coming back up to VA again. We had him out for a week last time and it was great. And then he came again and stayed at ryans for a few weeks too.

Anyone that has a chance should meet and train with Jake.

Roberto "Cyborg" Abreu black belt Jake Mackenzie is available to do seminars in North America and Europe this fall and winter. Jake is an outstanding competitor, having already won the CBJJE South American and Central West Brazilian Championships, the CBJJO Worlds, and the Copa Pitbull Championships as a black belt despite having only received his black belt in June.

Congrats on his blackbelt!

jake is an awesome guy and a must have a seminar. The deep half guard sweeps and backtakes will help you immediately. Great communicator too. it cleared up so much to learn from him.

Jake McKenzie is so certified B.A. He is the epitome of stylin on bammas. I learned many half gurds and back takers from him. I hope something happens and he comes back to 50/50 later so he is there longer while I am there. He is one of my favorite people and is SO handsome.

jake took my half guard, and revolutionized it. this kid is the real deal. so glad i got to train with and learn from him. if anyone ever has an opportunity to attend one of his seminars, youll gain knowledge from an excellent part of jiu jitsus future.

"Jake helped me and my team a ton when he was here training. He is a very good teacher, something I can't say for everyone. I really do reccomend him to anyone who wants to get better at their half guard and overall bjj game."

Roli Delado

I hopeing when he comes home he teaches a class at titans ! I heard hes gonna do some seminairs here in halifax thou .

Nice, I was gonna create another thread but then I found this. Any Jake MacKenzie seminars coming up in the US soon?

You should let me know next time he's at westside or somewhere relatively close to NWA.

I read on a post on facebook that says Jake is coming out with a deep half guard dvd. Anyone hear anything about this?

Jake McKenzie is so certified B.A. He is the epitome of stylin on bammas. I learned many half gurds and back takers from him. I hope something happens and he comes back to 50/50 later so he is there longer while I am there. He is one of my favorite people and is SO handsome.

Officially creeped out. :icon_conf

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back