Jake LaMotta vs Bernard Hopkins?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by TheRatman, Aug 17, 2010.

1. TheRatman

TheRatman Brown Belt

Who do yall think would win in a 15 rd fight. I think Hopkins would win but I don't know alot about LaMotta,expect for his fights with SRR. Most rankings I read have him in the 15 MW of Alltime and Hopkins in there to,So i was wondering who would win.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  2. juanma25

juanma25 Orange Belt

LaMotta was a beast. A fearless pressure fighter with one of the best chins in boxing. He had underrated defense too. The LaMotta that showed up for Marcel Cerdan could have defeated any middleweight on the planet. From what I've read though tricky defensively sound boxers gave him trouble which B-hop is so I say the fight would be a toss up.

3. dg43088

dg43088 Guest

O man this is a tough fight but i'm going to give it a close decision to Lamotta. Hopkins starts slow generally and i wonder if he can take the later rounds against a guy a tough as jake.

4. Zodiak_Killer

Zodiak_Killer Blue Belt

Depends what Hopkins you are talking about. The older version that is very good technically has been shown to do very poorly against preassure fighters like Calzag and Taylor (back when he was actually good). That version of Hopkins I would predict would do everything to stall, but get tired out by LaMotta and probably drop a decision down the stretch.

The younge Hopkins was much better at keeping pace and over powered a lot of people. But technically wasn't as good. So who really knows how they balance out in the earlier years...

5. Kimura77

Kimura77 Orange Belt

Let me start off by saying this is a great fight.One that probably would go to decision,even if the fought to 15 rounds...Hopkins conditioning was unquestionable in his prime and he is widely recognized as one of the most technical boxers of all time meanwhile Lamotta had a chin made of granite and was a relentless 'Infighter' but i think ultimately that his own style would work against him...being 5'8 would mean he would be chasing hopkins around the ring like trinidad who was 5'10(one of my favs) did and be walking into b-hops right...but make no mistake lamotta goes nowhere,he will take everything hopkins throws and keep coming but in the end....Hopkins would win the decision

6. squanto

squanto White Belt

hopkins eats brawlers for lunch. it would be lamotta getting picked off and dominated by hopkins all night long. unanimous decision or late stoppage for hopkins.

7. PaRRaDoXiCaL**

PaRRaDoXiCaL** White Belt

Jake for sure

8. Blair Dennett

Blair Dennett Purple Belt Professional Fighter

I think Hopkins is good enough defensively to nullify most of LaMotta's attacks, but who knows? LaMotta's chin and relentless attack would have made him a threat to just about any MW.

Good thread TS.

9. Libertine

Libertine White Belt

How hard did Lamotta hit? his record seems misleading.