Jake Hager has a legit beard

Pierced7681

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Hager ate a seriously nasty cross in the second round that sent his mouth piece flying and then a backhand right after and still didn’t go down.

I had him winning 29-28, but it could have gone either way. Heard he went to the hospital after the fight. Anyone know why he doesn’t shoot doubles or singles? Seems to go mainly for takedowns off the cage, which didn’t work against Calton.

Dude that was a bomb. Flush on the chin and he wore it well. He earned some respect tonight for sure. If he comes back to fight again, he’s in mma for real.

Yeah I always thought he was a Bellator gimmick, but damn he impressed me tonight with his grit. He could have folded but he kept going forward in the third and hurt Calton to the body at the end.

His striking defense isn't particularly good at all, neither is his striking for that matter... but yeah, he def ate some good shots and stayed standing.

Clinching and takedowns off the cage are less risky and probably more comfortable for him. He probably doesn't like the idea of a shot failing and ending up on his back or in a precarious position.

I'm a little surprised at the split decision and that some people thought Calton won... thought Hager controlled most of the fight, even in round 2 where most would agree that he lost because he got rocked at the end, he was winning up until that point. The judge that scored it for Calton gave him round 3 as well, which makes 0 sense. But yeah, nice to see Hager in an actual fight for the first time. Looking forward to his next one.

Jack-Swagger.gif

Does AEW not pay well? I don't understand why at 38, Hager is putting himself through this? He's barely getting by the bottom tier and it doesn't look like he is going to get any better.

Does AEW not pay well? I don't understand why at 38, Hager is putting himself through this? He's barely getting by the bottom tier and it doesn't look like he is going to get any better.
He has been amateur wrestling since he was young. A lot of those guys feel a need for competition and to prove that they can do something. Pro wrestling is already putting your body through a meat grinder.

I had him winning 29-28. Close close fight. Maybe an arguement for draws being more common.

At 38 (thought he was about 31) he should stop though.

His stand up surprised me, decent for a pro wrestler which has a very very low bar. Took heavy shots but didnt give up. His ceiling doesnt look great though at his age

I had him winning 29-28. Close close fight. Maybe an arguement for draws being more common.

At 38 (thought he was about 31) he should stop though.

Yeah I’ll be surprised if he fights again after this, apparently he went to the hospital after the fight. My guess is he’s only fighting to keep his name in the news and to help promote AEW.

Yeah I’ll be surprised if he fights again after this, apparently he went to the hospital after the fight. My guess is he’s only fighting to keep his name in the news and to help promote AEW.
After the first round, it seemed like he knew it was going to be a long night.

He looked awful. Definitely doesn't have a future in fighting. Maybe he can be like Bobby Lashley and only fight cans

He looked awful. Definitely doesn't have a future in fighting. Maybe he can be like Bobby Lashley and only fight cans

He’s only had 4 fights, and only one went out of the first round. He’s also 38, so he doesn’t have much time left.

Back