Jake Ellenberger

Very emotional but humble retirement. I've watched the guy fight since 2009 when he debuted against Condit, I believe as a late replacement for someone? It seems like he was a late replacement for someone.. Either way.. That was a close freakin fight and this was prime Condit.

Beat both Ellenburger brothers.

Anyone else beat both bros in a family?

He got figured out. I've said this for years now and people vehemently argue with me about it to this day.

He was an average wrestler with decent power. What was his ceiling supposed to be? He has no versatility, got outboxed easily by Rory, and can't out grapple anyone in the top 10-15.

I don't buy that he was 'shot' by the age of 28 as 95% of this board seems to claim.
You don't understand MMA at all if you think Jake had just "decent" power. Being a fighter with just average wrestling and decent power gets you to a close decision loss to a prime Condit where you knocked him down twice when Condit had one of the best chins in MMA? Ellenberger in his prime was very explosive and had huge power.

You don't understand MMA at all if you think Jake had just "decent" power. Being a fighter with just average wrestling and decent power gets you to a close decision loss to a prime Condit where you knocked him down twice when Condit had one of the best chins in MMA? Ellenberger in his prime was very explosive and had huge power.

Regardless, he never made it anywhere near a title shot with his explosive power.

Jake an aggressive power punching wrestler - decides to go to edmond and goes down hill from there.

Liked ellenberger and remember seeing him back in the day when he had that crazy win streak. Unfortunately I think time caught up with him and as we saw he's had some rough fights lately. At least he walked away this time.

Haha cows. Because his name is burger. Nice.

Jake was on a nice tear but he’s well done now. He’s gotta stop.

Back