Jake Ellenberger

He was never the same after he got flatlined by Platinum - completely winless ever since.

Not sure what caused his epic fall from grace , years back I thought he might be the guy to give GSP a run for his money.

it's been time for like 4 years

This. He's 2-8 in his last 10. I don't think anyone has ever had a run that poorly and still been in the UFC. The closest I can think of is Elvis Sinosic, but he had fights elsewhere in between. They also used fighters like Elvis to promote TUF winners back in the day (he was brought back in to fight both Forrest and Bisping).

That was bad. What a far cry from the beast he once was. Tards can blame USADA, but his fall began before that.
Even at the pinnacle of his success Diego Sanchez had him in big trouble .

giphy.gif

Glad Old Yeller pulled the trigger himself, dude's just been giving wins away with that piss poor Chin of his like Oprah does gifts my god.

he is done. Retire

Edit. Also those cows are happy as fuck
That's because they passed all their life producing milk standing still on barns, now they are improdutive and some dude bought they and set them free.

I considered not watching him fight because every time I watch him fight he gets destroyed. I thought to myself "screw it, I'm gonna watch this" and first round destruction ensues. He needs to retire, something changed with him.

And why is that not a reason to watch him fight?

Is it that far gone or does Barberena have more power than I’m thinking? Man I like Ellenberger, but I think it’s time to hang em up.... not my life, but I feel like for his brain, it’d be the best decision
Barberena isn't known for power at all, he's known for his chin and great cardio. Jake is just to the point where Chuck Liddel was at when he quit, his chin is gone.

Not sure what caused his epic fall from grace , years back I thought he might be the guy to give GSP a run for his money.

He got figured out. I've said this for years now and people vehemently argue with me about it to this day.

He was an average wrestler with decent power. What was his ceiling supposed to be? He has no versatility, got outboxed easily by Rory, and can't out grapple anyone in the top 10-15.

I don't buy that he was 'shot' by the age of 28 as 95% of this board seems to claim.

hes the definition of a glass cannon but on the night of his hetirement i wanna make a positive post about his power (by far his best attribute)

- One shot KOd Pele so badly seconds into the fight that he started vomiting
- Dropped and nearly KOd Condit if not for a clutch knee to the body that stifled followup, hurt him multiple times and more than anyone ever with Carlos arguably having the GOAT chin @ WW, arguably the only guy to 10-8 Carlos
- KOd Shields unconscious and had him wrestling with the ref (same Shields a couple fights ago who took 2 H Bombs to the dome and was dropped, yet came back to 10-8 Hendo and dominate the rest of the fight)
- KOd Marquardt dead
- dropped and nearly KOd Kampmann on the 1st exchange
- dropped Wonderboy and made him go stiff for a moment
- hurt Tarec multiple times badly where his movement completely froze
- hurt Kelvin in the 1st minute
- KOd Piearson and Pyle
- had a choke so deep on Kos he was spurting froth
- 1st guy to finish Brown with sturikes, dropped him twice in 1:40 of fight time and is the only guy whos dropped him with a punch to the chin (others have been to his glass body). And the punch was literally on the 1st exchange like Kampmann fight

2ryqct2.gif

ellenberger-kd-thompson.gif

tumblr_nkiwvaOkKN1tugoyjo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Sean_Pierson_vs._Jake_Ellenberger.gif

Almost all of these are 'almost'. Now he's almost on the verge of CTE.

Damn, getting TKOd by Barbarena is pretty bad. Glad he hung em up.

He got figured out. I've said this for years now and people vehemently argue with me about it to this day.

He was an average wrestler with decent power. What was his ceiling supposed to be? He has no versatility, got outboxed easily by Rory, and can't out grapple anyone in the top 10-15.

I don't buy that he was 'shot' by the age of 28 as 95% of this board seems to claim.

No he was shot, he just got shot several times by the top guys that's all.

He was never the same after he got flatlined by Platinum - completely winless ever since.

He was already a shot fighter at that point. He was already at Gomi/Bigfoot/Maynard stage.

Back