Jake Ellenberger vs. Johny Hendricks: Who Do You Have?

I'm surprised how many people here are picking Ellenberger. So am I, but it's still hella close.

This smells like upset city. Anytime the clear #1 contender has to take a +1 fight because the champ is ducking him, they usually take a nap and lose their spot.

I agree that does happen more often then not but be careful Mr Steinel doesn't like any answers that have his boy losing.

Very even fight and a HUGE fan of both guys, but I think this is Hendricks time. He's coming into his own and I don't see him giving up his title shot, I see a man possessed.

Ellenberger is still putting it all together and he will absolutely be a top 5 WW in the coming years, future title contender... but I don't see him pulling this one off.

In a way I hate this fight because Hendricks clearly is already the #1 contender, arguably the most legitimate #1 contender in the division in YEARS, and he has to take a dangerous fight because the UFC booked the money gig with Diaz (one of my top 3 favorite fighters of all time btw)

Jake should be fighting a peer of his in the division looking to re-establish his position and get back into high profile fights - this gig makes no sense one fight removed from a stoppage loss to Kamp.

I'm taking Hendricks UD in a close fight.

Jake's chin is suspicious. If Hendricks connects he will put his lights out.

Respect Jonny for taking this fight because Jake is a dangerous fight for any WW out there.

Think it's maybe 40/60 in Hendricks favour but I don't know - I think Jake is the faster, more diverse striker.

Kind of rooting for Jake but man, Hendricks deserves a shot so it would be a shame to see him lose as well.

Hendricks has better cardio and has been more consistent against top-level competition. Ellenberger is dangerous, but fades relatively quickly, which got him in bad situations (Sanchez fight) in the past. Both guys swing for the fences, but I think Hendricks will outlast Ellenberger for a decision.

like both guys both me think Hendricks will take this.

One Punch at a time for the title shot ;D

Ellenbergers chin is suspect. Hendricks wins by tko in the first.

Hendricks is the better wrestler. Im not not sure; it has potential to be a really exciting fight or a really lack luster fight. i hope ts great

Ellenberger. I think the wrestling will basically cancel out, and Ellenberger's striking is too technical, and he has the chin to succeed where Kampmann/Fitch couldn't.

Ellenberger. I think the wrestling will basically cancel out, and Ellenberger's striking is too technical, and he has the chin to succeed where Kampmann/Fitch couldn't.

His chin is a little questionable IMO.

If it's an early finish I'd say most likely Hendricks but the longer this goes the more I'm favouring Ellenberger. Should be a good fight regardless.

How Hendricks KO'ed Kampmann and Fitch is beyond me... neither of those punches even look like much

Hendricks has dynamite in his left hand. If that left even grazes Ellenberger, the fight is over.

Back