Jake Ellenberger vs. Johny Hendricks: Who Do You Have?

i think hendricks takes this easy....Jake looked to gas fast in last 2 fight and got real sloppy...

I'm rooting for Ellenberger because he is in my current top 3 favorite WW. But I have no idea who will win this fight. Ellenberger has been hurt before while I can't recall a time where Hendricks looked hurt. Should be a great fight

Hopefully not just a quick KO. Hopefully a solid fight.

Jake Ellenberger.
He didn't impress me very much in his last fight, but if he brings his A-game then I think he will take it.
Hendricks got his punch of doom, if that fails, he becomes relatively lackluster.

i will definitely take jake. and after the fight is over and even tho I prolly wont watch it I will still make comments about the fight in the future as if I have :)

Last edited:
Easy fight for Ellenberger, Hendricks is getting blasted.

I am always mesmerised by the Hendricks/Kampmann GIF. It's so effortless.

I don't see Jake having the cardio to beat Hendricks in a 3rd round, so he'd have to win the first two.
He didn't look tired against Hieron in his last fight and that went all 3. I haven't seen the Rocha fight in a while, but I remember Jake winning the last two rounds pretty clearly.

Jake lobbied for this fight - I don't think he would have called Johny out if he didn't think he could win. When you break it down Hendricks has either lost or had very close fights with wrestlers including Brenneman (Johny was losing up until the KO), Story, Pierce, and Koscheck. IMO, Ellenberger's a better striker than all of them and his wrestling is just as good as theirs.

Id like to see Ellenberger get the W, but you never know with Hendricks power.

This fight is a toss up IMO

I'll feel bad for Johnny if he loses, he is clearly the #1 contender right now and this is a very dangerous fight for him.

I hope John wins so we can watch Georges get another top 5 ranked fighter but it's a toss up

Rooting for Ellenberger because I feel he has a better shot at GSP than Hendricks does and going with Berger but I'm definately not counting out Hendricks.

Im a fan of both.

I think Hendricks wil have his hands full if he does not get that early KO and if Ellenberger does not gas.

Ellenberger has good power and is more technical than Hendricks, but so was Kampman.

This is a tough fight to call.

Hendricks didn't gas in a pretty fast pased fight with Kos, he paces himself. Ellenberger is the one who gassed against Sanchez and even looked tired after blowing his wad against Kampmann in the 1st round

I agree its stupid to bet on a fight where both guys have this kind of KO power.

But imo, Hendricks is the superior wrestler, has better cardio, chin, fight iq and KO power

Both are very similar fighters and i see this as a tough fight for both of them. I believe this one will go to the decision and it will be split. Not sure who will win

Hendricks didn't gas in a pretty fast pased fight with Kos, he paces himself. Ellenberger is the one who gassed against Sanchez and even looked tired after blowing his wad against Kampmann in the 1st round

I agree its stupid to bet on a fight where both guys have this kind of KO power.

But imo, Hendricks is the superior wrestler, has better cardio, chin, fight iq and KO power

I agree. Hendricks always paces himself in the fight. The Koscheck fight might have been the only one he didn't. But Ellenberger never paces himself. Always looks pretty tired by end of rd. 2/rd. 3.

Back