Jake Ellenberger vs. Johny Hendricks: Who Do You Have?

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This is going to be a good fight at UFC 158, and I don't see many threads about it. I like Ellenberger and think he has a good chance in this fight. I give him a 40-45% chance of winning the fight. I don't see either guys wrestling too much, so I think the fight will be on the feet.

The matchup was inevitable. In my opinion, the UFC wanted to make it if Ellenberger would have beat Kampmann. It was the fight to make as a title eliminator. But then Ellenberger lost to Kampmann, so they made Hendricks Kampmann. Now they made this fight because I think both of these guys knew they would face each other eventually, and a backup fighter for the GSP/Diaz fight. So who do you guys have in this fight?

2vafv9z.jpg

Ellenberger vs. Condit. Good fight

hendi.gif

Hendricks vs. Fitch.

Sean_Pierson_vs._Jake_Ellenberger.gif

Ellenberger blasts Sean Pierson

knockout-11-17-12.gif

Hendricks KOs Kampmann

Last edited:
Rooting for Ellenberger, but I wouldn't feel comfortable betting either way. Both guys hit like Mack trucks. Just ask Martin Kampmann.

I don't think this fight will materialize. Hendricks will most likely get the title shot against GSP because I really don't see Diaz coming in to press conferences for whatever reason. But if it did happen, I'll go with Hendricks.

Hendricks on the Hendro bomb tour to explode GSP's face!

I like Ellenberger here.

-both guys have knockout power, but Hendricks has more
-both guys have great wrestling. Hendricks has a stronger backround, but I think Ellenberger has adapted better to mma because his shots are well set up, come out of nowhere, and have a very high success rate.
-I think Ellenberger has slightly better boxing and a better chance of landing a big punch

Basically, Jake has a more fluid game and I think he will land more strikes and maybe hit a few takedowns to get a decision. Hopefully he's working hard on being able to land strikes while protecting his own chin, because Hendricks can obviously end a fight in an instant.

Both are likable, humble guys IMO. But I think Jakes explosiveness will overwhelm Hendrix for the upset.

Im a fan of both.

I think Hendricks wil have his hands full if he does not get that early KO and if Ellenberger does not gas.

Ellenberger has good power and is more technical than Hendricks, but so was Kampman.

This is a tough fight to call.

Berger has been fighting smarter lately so I think I give him the edge.

Although because of the unfair way Johny's been treated I think the judges will be bias in his favor.

I think Ellenberger wins, but it will be close and a damn good fight.

pretty confident in hendricks...he has the better resume...hes knocked out 2 top 10 WWs w/ ease , beat 3 top 10 WWs in a row plus a handful of other decent wins...if he lands that left (and he will) jake is going down...

I really don't know. Who ever lands a bomb first could either end the fight right then and there, or change the fight in their favor.

I really like watching both guys fight.

Ellenberger has seemed like he takes his time more now and is more conscious of not gassing himself out by going all crazy right out of the gate.

I hope these guys battle a little bit for some takedown just so we can witness it.

I am taking Hendricks by KO in the 2nd or 3rd but I would like to see how he reacts to getting tagged by a big puncher like Ellenberger.

Hendricks by gas tank.

pretty confident in hendricks...he has the better resume...hes knocked out 2 top 10 WWs w/ ease , beat 3 top 10 WWs in a row plus a handful of other decent wins...if he lands that left (and he will) jake is going down...

Fights can't be chosen based on resume.

Hendricks hasn't looked great against strong wrestlers (not named Fitch). Koscheck, Pierce & Story all were close bouts and I think this fight will be too. It comes down to if one of them can land the big punch/who has the better gastank. I will be betting on Ellenberger as an underdog most likely.

Like both guys but I want Hendricks to win and I think he will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back