Jake Ellenberger on an "On" night would Knock GSP out within the first round.

I'm obviously talking about the striking aspect of Ellenbergers game

What about it? Cuz he can wing a hook? Ellenberger's got power, but he is leagues behind GSP in technical striking and athleticism. GSP would do the same thing Rory did, keep him on the edge of his jab. As soon as he starts winging hooks, GSP takes him down, like he does to pretty much every wrestler he's ever fought. Striking is only one facet of MMA, Ellenberger has more power then GSP, but does not have the complete package the way GSP does. Besides, Ellenberger gases after 2 rounds, when GSP drags him into deep waters, he'd be a heavy bag. Ellenberger has a puncher's chance for 2 rounds, then nothing. He's not gonna catch GSP like Serra did, GSP's improved leaps and bounds since then.

KampmannKOTUFLive.gif

So many people were SUPPOSED to KO GSP over the years but somehow never could

Yep. People will grasp to any hope of seeing GSP lose, and they are proven wrong every time. lol.

Seems trivial to nitpick my choice of words in the OP lol, Carlos still folded to EllenB's power.

I completely agree with you, but you forgot to finish the sentence.

Jake Ellenberger on an "On" night would knock GSP out within the first round approximately one out of every 50 times they fought.

I had an "On" night, once. I hardly remember anything from it.

Back