Jake Ellenberger & his podcast cohost owe their producer $6000

Foam and pop shields don't really matter so much as running compression between the mic and the recording device. Listening to a podcast clip is just too irritating for me. I would prefer listening to a podcast with a $30 generic mic ran through a compressor over a $300 condenser with no compression.

You can buy inexpensive multi-channel mixers with compression built in, or a basic outboard compressor for like $150 on Amazon. You are right that gear has never been cheaper or more available.

The reality is for most non-technical folks, they aren't going to research all of the equipment, set it up, learn how RSS feeds work or research which platforms to use, learn how to edit, monitoring, adjust the levels in real time, make a final mix, etc etc

Most high quality podcasts have a producer, the high end ones multiple producers and a real budget. Even 'one man shows' often have someone technical working on getting the raw audio mixed down and up to the host, out through to the feeds etc.

Well, I hope they're getting what they paid for.....or didn't pay for <45>

Foam and pop shields don't really matter so much as running compression between the mic and the recording device. Listening to a podcast clip is just too irritating for me. I would prefer listening to a podcast with a $30 generic mic ran through a compressor over a $300 condenser with no compression.

You can buy inexpensive multi-channel mixers with compression built in, or a basic outboard compressor for like $150 on Amazon. You are right that gear has never been cheaper or more available.

The reality is for most non-technical folks, they aren't going to research all of the equipment, set it up, learn how RSS feeds work or research which platforms to use, learn how to edit, monitoring, adjust the levels in real time, make a final mix, etc etc

Most high quality podcasts have a producer, the high end ones multiple producers and a real budget. Even 'one man shows' often have someone technical working on getting the raw audio mixed down and up to the host, out through to the feeds etc.

Yup. People think it's easy but there's a lot to it. People just take audio for granted, but if you're audio stinks, your product is going to stink.

If you work as a freelancer, you do the work, invoice, and receive payment when you are contracted to. If you are not contracted to, or there is no written agreement as to when you are supposed to receive your money, you are almost always relying on someone being straight up and paying when they should.

But we all know most people are pieces of shit if they don't have to be otherwise. I can easily see that if his podcast didn't go well (Who would've thought anything along those lines?lol), he could easily lust ignore her and not pay...

A cheque is harder to pay when you've already used up what you were buying and still owe the money.

If you work as a freelancer, you do the work, invoice, and receive payment when you are contracted to. If you are not contracted to, or there is no written agreement as to when you are supposed to receive your money, you are almost always relying on someone being straight up and paying when they should.

But we all know most people are pieces of shit if they don't have to be otherwise. I can easily see that if his podcast didn't go well (Who would've thought anything along those lines?lol), he could easily lust ignore her and not pay...

A cheque is harder to pay when you've already used up what you were buying and still owe the money.

Sad but true

Ellen Burger was never my friend

Shows you how bright he is giving that lady 2 grand to shut her up.. lol. You big dummy, you shouldn't have gave her a red cent and that bucket with a bad paint job.. If I saw that douche-mobile coming down the road with Jake and 70s cultural icon Tony Orlando's nobody son advertised on it I'd make it a point NOT to listen to anything they had to say on a "podcast" aka in 2019 where every Tom, Dick, & Harry thinks their "voice" on a radio will make them a millionaire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back