Jaime Munguia vs Tureano Johnson Oct 30th Dazn

I'm still bitter about Munguia decision over Hogan, but this is a good fight.

With this big, open mouth of his and poor head movement Munguia is bound to get himself a broken jaw. Maybe this is the time.

Last edited:
I like this fight, Johnson is no bum.

I’m super interested in this. In 2012 at Jorge Rubio’s gym in Miami I watched Tureano Johnson spar with Yordanis Despaigne. Was pretty intense and Johnson was a Middleweight and Despaigne was a Light Heavyweight. Was very entertaining lol

A borderline meh fight. Johnson's tough but can be broken by a superior fighter. He's been stopped by the two best fighters he's fought, both B-level guys.

The Munguia camp are obviously betting that he'll be able to wear Johnson down and stop him late. Which is probably accurate. Don't think we'll learn anything much more about Mungia's boxing skills here as his power and grit should be enough to get a late stoppage

A borderline meh fight. Johnson's tough but can be broken by a superior fighter. He's been stopped by the two best fighters he's fought, both B-level guys.

The Munguia camp are obviously betting that he'll be able to wear Johnson down and stop him late. Which is probably accurate. Don't think we'll learn anything much more about Mungia's boxing skills here as his power and grit should be enough to get a late stoppage
If he gets the nod like many thought he should have in the GGG fight then derevyanchenko is undoubtedly an A level fighter. And I have an easier time at least round wise arguing for derevyanchenko beating GGG than I did Canelo getting the decision.

If he gets the nod like many thought he should have in the GGG fight then derevyanchenko is undoubtedly an A level fighter. And I have an easier time at least round wise arguing for derevyanchenko beating GGG than I did Canelo getting the decision.

I still reserve A level for guys that decisively beat established titlists. The Elite guys. So i don't mean B level as an insult. I'd put Derevyanchenko neck and neck with a guy like Teo Lopez right now. Guys who're on the cusp of A-level pending the results of their next fight.

The more I see of Munguia, the less I'm impressed with him. I was really excited about him when he burst on the scene, but he doesn't seem to be improving. No defense, overrated power, gift decision against Hogan. I believe Tureano has a very good chance here.

They kind of did him dirty in the Stevens fight, Johnson was hurt by the left but everything else Curtis threw after that didnt land while Johnson was covering up, the ref should have let it go a little more considering Johnson was up on the scorecards.

I just wouldnt be surprised if Johnson pulls off another upset, like I said he’s no bum and quite possibly Johnson the best opponent Munguia has yet to face

This should be a fun fight. Munguia looked a little bit better in his last fight but he's just begging to get hit lol

Munguia is the smaller Wilder.

And by that I mean he has an insanely padded record.

Rashidi Ellis vs Alexis Rocha, Marlen Esparza vs Sulem Urbina join Munguia-Johnson October 30th

Back