Jaedong getting strong

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Jaedong, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Jaedong

Jaedong Blue Belt

This is aimed to be a bodybuilding mixed with power lifting routine, power lifting to increase lifts and strength more rapidly. Since I don't train a specific sport I just want to get in great shape, look good, be healthy and have fun with it all. It's basically, squats, bench, deadlifts and some other compound exercises but with a little more repetition and volume then powerlifting and shoulders, arms and abs once a week. I'm 6 foot (182 cm) and weigh 95 kg ( 207.5 pounds ?), So here is my new training plan :

Mon - Legs

Tue - Chest

Wen - Back

Thur - optionally any sport, whole body stretch after warm up

Fri - Legs

Sat - Abs, arms, shoulders (including traps)

Sun - Rest

Currently I also have garden work to do every evening which is pretty physical.

My current stats are :

Bench press - 5 x 90 kg , not 100% sure but next time i do it I'll check and edit this more accurately

Deadlift - 5 x 90 kg, that's how much I did today, I think I could have done 7 repetitions but I need to buy some gloves cause I have bad fingers and the weight almost slips out of my hands during the last set

Squat - last time I did 8 x 50 cause I hurt my back a little and didn't want to risk to injure myself again, it was pretty easy ass to the floor, when I have squats again I'll update this, my guess is 5 x 70

As my squat is weaker then the other two lifts I'll do it twice a week to balance things out.

I'll carry a notebook and write exact numbers of load, sets and repetitions down from tomorrow on.

Do I need a supporting belt (however that is called) for dead lifts and squats cause of the spine ?

I want to do this program for 7 weeks then have 1 week deloading phase and start a new program.

Any support and suggestions are welcome as long as you don't get offended if I don't take every piece of advise as the truth and change my plan immediately cause of it.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  2. Jaedong

Jaedong Blue Belt

I guessed right, Squat was 5 x 70 kg for one set. Other sets varying weight about 60 kg. Next time I'll just do 5 x 60 with as good form ass possible. I'm good with bench and dead lift but my squatting is kinda bad, not just the weight but doing it right, the technique and speed.

When you squat do you have to straiten the back completely to put more strai on your hams or is it ok to bend forward a little ?

Also did a few sets of calf rises.

3. Jaedong

Jaedong Blue Belt

I did my planed saturday workout but with 3 sets of bench and 1 set of dips and no abs. I'm gonna do abs tomorrow when I'm more fresh.

Bench was 1 set of : 40 x 12, 70 x 8, 5 x 90 kg, 8 x 80 kg, 8 x bodyweight dips

Then I did some overhead press for shoulders, lying triceps press with a triceps specific bar 8 x 25 kg for 4 or 5 sets. Next time I'll ad more weight since it was rather easy.

Biceps curl with bar about 4 sets 7-8 x 30 kg, 1 set 8 x 25 kg

Overall I trained hard but wasn't very rested since I woke up this morning and then fell asleep again, messing up my sleep quiet a bit. My mom cut her vein accidental while doing dishes, putting the dishes into the washing machine she cut her vein over a knife. So I heard that and it kinda woke me up, my brother drove her to the hospital and everything is fine, they just wrapped her arm up, no infection. Also the night before I slept only 7 hours ause I couldn't fall assleep was a little stressed. But generally I sleep like a baby and feel fresh in the gym unless I'm a little overtrained.

Tomigh I'll watch UFC main card free on Nova TV form 4 in the morning to about 6.30 . Mirko is on it so it's on national tv. I just hope Mirko doesn't get hurt. I eh wins and he gets hurt fine, but lose and be beat up would suck. But whatever, it's just a sport.

[​IMG]