JACO Guardian Review w/ Pics

How are the shorts holding after how many washes?

How are the shorts holding after how many washes?

My stats:
Train 5 days a week with these on. I wash them 2-3 times a week, handwash setting, cold water. Hang dry.

My logo is still there, although it has started to peel.

The velcro is still strong, the cup is still strong. The shorts still tight. No issues thus far. Highly recommended even months out!

My stats:
Train 5 days a week with these on. I wash them 2-3 times a week.

bertstare.jpg

I wonder if we can propose to Jaco to sell their compression shorts separately. Coming from the UK, I understand that it's a pain in the arse to have to wait for something to hang dry.

To be honest I could not be bothered to take the cup system apart every time i wash them I m lucky that I saved a bit of cash up and got two pairs so i rotate them throughout the week so they get washed every night after training.

Are these shorts good for stand up / muay thai training? I have steel cup with strings, but i dont like it very much.

Also, what is the length of the shorts? Can these be used along with thai shorts without much short showing?

Thanks for answering.

i've been using these shorts for around two weeks now, and the groin protection is great, but i am also getting the peeling of the logos (happened after 3 or 4 washes).

why do you guys care so much about the logo? don't you wear board shorts or something over the compression shorts? Not like the world will see your underwear brand.

Or am I missing something?

It's smart branding by Jaco to keep the logo intact on the thigh. I have fight shorts with the slit on the side, so when I go to kick, or go to the ground, that thigh gets exposed. And if I were in a room full of people then it's free advertisement for Jaco.

Also, a Jaco rep came on here and explained how they are addressing the problem, so the issue can't be that insignificant if the company apologised and makes plans to fix it.

Yeah. For me the extreme wear of the other parts is much more important.

why do you guys care so much about the logo? don't you wear board shorts or something over the compression shorts? Not like the world will see your underwear brand.

Or am I missing something?

i personally don't care about the logo, but if something is designed and put there on purpose by a company, you'd figure there'd be some r&d involved to prevent it from happening considering that this particular product would see its share of abuse.

if you got into your new bmw and drove off the lot and days later the moldings and emblems fell off, what would be your thoughts on that?

Yeah. I noticed that as well. Also, the spare compression shorts don't come with the logos on the legs either.

Maybe they got sick of people complaining about the logos peeling that they just decided to have them removed.

I really wish they would just sublimate their logos to be honest. I know it's a pretty expensive procedure but.. yeah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back