JACO Guardian Review w/ Pics

definetely they do but that defeats the purpose of the straps n what not, but i guess 1 day of superior usage and another of normal regular is ok

Any other pair of compressions shorts would render the cup useless. It would be just another pair of random compression shorts and a cup designed to be strapped securely to the shorts.

I recommend e-mailing Jaco and see if they can do anything for ya.

I just received my pair... and I can't say anything about it at the moment :icon_conf

I am a little bit confused because the straps in the butt area bother me at the moment and when I sit the cup skids

I have to wait until tonight then I will wear them in training

alright just got back and I got to say I love them great shorts!

after wearing the guardian for a half dozen classes i give them an 8 out of 10. the shorts themselves are great compression shorts. the fit is nice, the waistband is comfortable. the velcro areas are well placed and large enough to have flexibility in adjusting all the straps.

also, as advertised the cup stays in place while grappling and standup.

the big con to me is the cup itself. i find it to be very uncomfortable compared to many other cups i've used. i've done the thai steel, the cup with compression shorts over, the nutty buddy, etc... and i find the guardians cup to be too rigid around the edges. this could be fixed with slightly different rubber or perhaps just a little more rubber around the edges. when i was doing the jock/compression combo i used a bike brand cup (i think) that was nice and soft around the edges. i never experienced any bruising from the edges.

overall nice product and like i said gets an 8/10 from me.

after wearing the guardian for a half dozen classes i give them an 8 out of 10. the shorts themselves are great compression shorts. the fit is nice, the waistband is comfortable. the velcro areas are well placed and large enough to have flexibility in adjusting all the straps.

also, as advertised the cup stays in place while grappling and standup.

the big con to me is the cup itself. i find it to be very uncomfortable compared to many other cups i've used. i've done the thai steel, the cup with compression shorts over, the nutty buddy, etc... and i find the guardians cup to be too rigid around the edges. this could be fixed with slightly different rubber or perhaps just a little more rubber around the edges. when i was doing the jock/compression combo i used a bike brand cup (i think) that was nice and soft around the edges. i never experienced any bruising from the edges.

overall nice product and like i said gets an 8/10 from me.

I think if Jaco offered a flex\soft type of cup for the grappling sports, this system would be a perfect 10...

I use the Jaco all the time. In BJJ it's unparelled in lack of movement. I took a low kick during a MT sparring session and I went down. So the cup may not move, but a hard impact will hurt.

10/10 in my book for BJJ; 7/10 for stand-up

did u have the shock doctor compression/cup combo before? how does it compare?

nope had a Shock Doctor Ultra Supporter... but I would guess jaco's are way better because of the straps that keep the cup in space and avoid to move

I have the shock doctor shorts and they just do not compare to the jaco ones. I never felt secure with the sd version as the cup would move around constantly where as the jaco straps mean i stay nice and safe :)

I use the Jaco all the time. In BJJ it's unparelled in lack of movement. I took a low kick during a MT sparring session and I went down. So the cup may not move, but a hard impact will hurt.

10/10 in my book for BJJ; 7/10 for stand-up

I was about to ask you how does the cup handle in Muay Thai sparring. thanks for the answer. So what I'm getting is that the cup is not interchangeable? I was hoping I could switch out the cup for a steel one for MT sparring. 7/10 is still good but 3/10 ur gonna go down with direct shots to the goods, lol.

All the straps go through the cup itself directly and indirectly. While you can stick a different cup in the pocket, you will lose the straps.

I was about to ask you how does the cup handle in Muay Thai sparring. thanks for the answer. So what I'm getting is that the cup is not interchangeable? I was hoping I could switch out the cup for a steel one for MT sparring. 7/10 is still good but 3/10 ur gonna go down with direct shots to the goods, lol.

changing the cup defeats the whole idea of the jaco system. other brand cups do not have spots to anchor the straps too and, therefore, you would basically end up with the shock doctor system.

Has anyone used this and a thai steel cup (with the strings)? And if so how does this compare, protection-wise?

Back