JacksonWink financial woes: tryouts $40, train with Holly $20; in bed with dodgy app CageHunter

I can never understand a large and seemingly successful business having a shitty website. In this day and age, your website says so much about you and your business.

Good read TS.

i completely agree. especially in a day where it's easier than ever to have a classy and professional website. jacksonwink seem like the type of company that doesn't put much money back into the company, and in expansion. seems most of the profit of what they initially made went directly to the top fighters, and jacksonwink themselves.

Haha, touche'. Just because he managed him though doesn't mean Khabib had any influence in any of this outside possibly being the original connection between the manager and these other guys.
No doubt, no doubt.

This is likely the exception that proves the rule; not all Russians know all Russians... stumbling on a link was pure coincidence and shouldn't be taken to further the theory it's all connected.

Unless of course, Russian Spies/Fake News was part of this somehow?
<TheDonald>

Fixed that one up for ya - they have not specified what portion of Holly's workout money they're giving to Mike's wife yet. It could be they meant to write "profits" ... or it could be the entire thing is a way to get Holly to do her standard workout and make money off it for Mike's wife? The language is very vague in describing the proceeds. They have also not indicated whether this will be a one time event or not.

I don't want to make an accusation unfairly, but it certainly doesn't strike me as something I'd do with the #2 Bantamweight in the UFC.

Even if the money is going to charity, they should be charging a LOT MORE. Then, at least the charity would have a chance of getting benefit, if it is in fact a legitimate charity.

The involvement of Mike's wife should be treated with extreme scepticism and thoroughly audited by a third party to ensure they are not disadvantaging the children they claim to assist.
Here is a video of Holly Holm talking about it. She says that "all proceeds" go to the Adaptive MMA program (which is the charity). At this point in time she was--as she herself makes clear--improvising on what the drop-in fee would be, which she said here would be $15 with the option of choosing to donate more. As for you stating "I don't want to make an accusation unfairly", I treat that statement with extreme scepticism. You seem to pretty clearly have an intention to throw shade on the event.

Here is a video of Holly Holm talking about it. She says that "all proceeds" go to the Adaptive MMA program (which is the charity). At this point in time she was--as she herself makes clear--improvising on what the drop-in fee would be, which she said here would be $15 with the option of choosing to donate more. As for you stating "I don't want to make an accusation unfairly", I treat that statement with extreme scepticism. You seem to pretty clearly have an intention to throw shade on the event.

Thank you for bringing new information to the thread and the summary! This is quite interesting.

For the record, by promoting discussion on a forum, I would argue that I'm having nearly zero impact on the event - or - providing free publicity.
I'd also hope to draw scrutiny, which will ultimately benefit the intended recipients of the charity, if indeed it is legitimate. Any time a for-profit business hosts an event for a non-profit business it should be scrutinized and audited to ensure correct conduct. This is particularly relevant when a husband/wife team are the owners/operators of each business. Surely you can agree - there is legislation around auditing non-profit entities for this reason.
You are entitled to the scepticism you display however, as I am to mine.

I would also argue that, to date, the event has been handled with the same poor language and lack of professionalism the rest of the JacksonWink website has displayed systemically.

The main purpose of my thread was to highlight the downfall of JacksonWink, which I would assert is indisputable based on what I found. What do you think?

Thank you for bringing new information to the thread and the summary! This is quite interesting.

For the record, by promoting discussion on a forum, I would argue that I'm having nearly zero impact on the event - or - providing free publicity.
I'd also hope to draw scrutiny, which will ultimately benefit the intended recipients of the charity, if indeed it is legitimate. Any time a for-profit business hosts an event for a non-profit business it should be scrutinized and audited to ensure correct conduct. This is particularly relevant when a husband/wife team are the owners/operators of each business. Surely you can agree - there is legislation around auditing non-profit entities for this reason.
You are entitled to the scepticism you display however, as I am to mine.

I would also argue that, to date, the event has been handled with the same poor language and lack of professionalism the rest of the JacksonWink website has displayed systemically.

The main purpose of my thread was to highlight the downfall of JacksonWink, which I would assert is indisputable based on what I found. What do you think?

If you don't mind my asking, what's your first language?

$20 to roll around with a greased up sweaty Holly Holm might have value in it for you never nudes.
Thats less than the cost of a smelly hooker for an hour.
And you might get a selfie for the facebooks.

She sounds like she is drunk, or punch drunk. My kind of girl either way.

Careful, TS. It's bad enough you average 15 posts per day. Make more like your OP and Sherdog will start charging you for bandwidth.

Very thorough and interesting post.

confirming Cerone's assertions on JRE.
Cerrone also said that JacksonWink's main wrestling coach is a receptionist to the chiropractor upstairs, who's credentials were a junior assistant coach at some no-name college where he got fired for selling the students steroids and gets his curriculum off YouTube videos for techniques that don't work in MMA <Lmaoo>. And they also don't drill, they just go live all the time (and Cerrone poses the question of why they're surprised that their rate of injury has gone up in the gym).

(Timestamped)

Future deals to come!!

Meet Jon Jones underneath are octagon- 70 dollars
Snort coke with Jon jones-80 dollars
Turniabol use at own risk-10 dollars
Drink a Budweiser next to a pic of Donald cerrone- 20 dollars

1. Holly is plastered all over the JacksonWink website to lure people in (Train with Holly for $20, all skill levels welcome).​
Albuquerque here I come,

YoungVacantBufflehead-size_restricted.gif

I'm going to channel my inner Chael while grappling her from top position
giphy.gif

Youd think itd be $220 and that would still be a great price.

Yea sounds way too cheap ... I would definitely go for this if I lived nearby.
Would be a fun experience and get to see if her punches can really damage my ego.

Back