Jacksons MMA and Tristar incredibly lower finish rate than other gyms in 2012

Source is in the OP jabroni.

If you dont know how to research source, dont open your pie hole.

Table has been posted 4 times. It was not done by BJPenn.com

If you even looked at the info for a second you can tell it is wrong.

The actual source is a Swede site. The guy posted here. He admitted they used Wiki for the fighter lists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Jackson_(MMA_trainer)

The wiki is outdated and missing fighters.

http://www.jacksons.tv/index.php/team-jackson-winkeljohn

So like I said...Before you post something make sure YOU understand it.

Off-topic: Who says jabroni?:rolleyes:

the source is in the infographic child

Yes on the bottom of the full graphic. In no location do they show all their work.

The individual who actually did it posted it the first time. He acknowledged they used wiki.

The info is shit, not sure why you continue to try and defend it but it is wrong.

Looked at the link.
How has there only been 1 jackson fighter who has won by submission when off the top of my head Erik Perez, Travis Browne, and Jones have submission victories this year?

Yes, Jackson's MMA having 1 submission victory in 2012 is a glaringly inaccurate statistic, especially since they decided to put it in large font.

ya, sorry for wanting to watch fighters entertain the fans
GSP fan I'm guessing?

Depends how you see mma.
If you think it's a sport, they don't have to entertain you. If you think it's sports-entertainment, then you're a weirdo.

Yes on the bottom of the full graphic. In no location do they show all their work.

The individual who actually did it posted it the first time. He acknowledged they used wiki.

The info is shit, not sure why you continue to try and defend it but it is wrong.

and misleading. Leave it alone.

We all know GSP is not a risky fighter and sometimes it's not that exciting. Condit couldn't or wouldn't finish diaz, but the word on the street is Nick doesn't even have a brain in there, so he can't be KO'ed. then there is Guida, and that shit is inexcusable. Nobody is going to argue.

ya, sorry for wanting to watch fighters entertain the fans
GSP fan I'm guessing?

Yep...and Diaz...and Cain....and Maia and Aldo, Condit and host of others....was being sarcastic but trying to make point...winners won't always be popular...Matt Brown is fan friendly bjt will never heard champ...ever

I wonder if this includes the fights they lost in the percentages.

If it doesn't, it's completely useless information.

Yup.

It is shocking how many people do not know how to calculate a proper finish rate.

A proper finish rate is the number of finishes a fighter gets per 100 fights. but for some dumb reason many calculate it WRONGLY as just a percent of fights won.

Yeah okay. Everyone can say this to seem like they are too good for a brawl, but you know it's bullshit.

I respect technique, but I don't respect stalling fights / point fighting. This is was Jackson's camp does.

If you're saying you would rather watch Brunson VS Leben than, lets say, Sanchez VS Guida, then I don't know what to say.
Jon Jones doesn't do that. Your hyperbole of a point has been destroyed as a simple-minded over-generalization.

As for Brunson vs. Leben, to be fair, Brunson took that fight on less than 2 weeks notice, which means less than 1 week of training. If you want to use a real example, do "Guida vs. Maynard." Oh, and btw, Guida is a Jackson MMA fighter, so you uber failed there bro! :icon_chee
wait... so AKA, Team Alpha Male and Extreme Couture are Just Bleed camps?

Thats not nice of you to say.
I don't think Xtreme Couture has many top ranked fighters period.
Alpha male is full of midgets and midgets dont finish/ have no power. Does not compute
Most of the Team Alpha Male fighters are top level fighters at lower weight classes. And at lower weight classes, often they are shown a ton of junk after title losses (which Team Alpha Male has a lot of). But, to be fair, a lot of the Team Alpha Male fighters do put on a show and finish fights a lot, but that seems to be more of their fighter DNA than something they learned.

Again, the thing that I continue to take away from these kinds of topics is the immediate assumption that 'Decisions = Boring = Illegitimate' and the idea that decision wins immediately mean the fighter is a boring sport-killing blight.

I thought it was already well known that most of the Greg Jackson/Tristar guys are point fighters. It's nice to see the facts are getting out there, though.

Yeah, I long for the days of Tank Abbot and Don Frye swinging away at each other with absolutely no skill until one of them passes out from the brain damage.

Just bleed fans are the worst. I'll take an exciting technical fight over a five second knockout, thanks.

I'm glad you can make up something no one is saying and then discredit it. Strawman arguments are silly, at least try if you are going to argue for or against something.

Jacksons have about the same as ATT and Tristar has waay less fighters in the UFC.

logic fail
TriStar is partially owned by Greg Jackson.
Yeah, I long for the days of Tank Abbot and Don Frye swinging away at each other with absolutely no skill until one of them passes out from the brain damage.

Just bleed fans are the worst. I'll take an exciting technical fight over a five second knockout, thanks.
I'll take a technical knockout in 5 seconds! :p
wait... so AKA, Team Alpha Male and Extreme Couture are Just Bleed camps?

Thats not nice of you to say.
I don't think Xtreme Couture has many top ranked fighters period.
Alpha male is full of midgets and midgets dont finish/ have no power. Does not compute
Most of the Team Alpha Male fighters are top level fighters at lower weight classes. And at lower weight classes, often they are shown a ton of junk after title losses (which Team Alpha Male has a lot of). But, to be fair, a lot of the Team Alpha Male fighters do put on a show and finish fights a lot, but that seems to be more of their fighter DNA than something they learned.

Back