Jack who? ESPN demotes the Jacare vs Jack Hermansson main card to ESPN+

• Thread starter Deleted member 436105
  • Start date
Romero keeps getting chances and he keeps failing. Failing to make weight. Failing to make it to the fight.

That's pretty dumb to drop a card down because of one guy. When did Romero become a ratings superstar?

Really doesn't matter much to me as they both air on TSN here.

War Jack My Boy!!!!!

Come on dude, you are comparing Romero who is a top contender and someone who some feel should be champ right now with someone who hardly anyone knows. Its like comparing Aaron Judge to Didi Gregorious. Ones a superstar and the other is just good.

It was a weak card to begin with, so it would be difficult to justify keeping it on ESPN after losing the main event.

Huge fan of Jacare, but at the end of the day, he is getting old. I doubt the UFC will ever give him a title shot. It sucks, but it appears we may be entering the "rainbow style bender" era...

Hes guaranteed a title fight if he beats Hermansson. He will have to wait until Whittaker vs Adesanya happens but he should get the winner. Unfortunately, for him, they both trounce him.

Roosevelt Roberts vs. Thomas Gifford

Haha Thomas Roosevelt...Sean Shelby you sly dog.

How are people calling this a garbage card? Casual to the max...

The f;cked up thing is, it’s a self-fulfilling prophecy. Jacare and Hermansson are not seen as draws by ESPN because they’ve never headlined a big card, but unless you put then on a televised big card, they’ll never be draws. It’s like not being able to find a job if you don’t have experience, but the only way to have exoerience is to get a job.

There’s still hope for Hermansson since he’s younger and less shopworn, but for Jacare, this is yet another sidestep in his career, a fight that keeps him busy but does nothing for his legacy or title hopes.

Lastly, while Costa (the culprit of this messy situation) gets flagged for something in the drug test (some nausea medication according to him), he’s not getting demoted - oh no, him and his shiny muscles are going to get right back in the spotlight as soon as USADA clears him.

Why would they move the main card off ESPN plus due to lack of star power but still keep the prelims there?

That’s not the problem. The point is ESPN doesn’t and has shown no effort to care
or perhaps they did do the research and do show that they care with the demotion. if they showed no effort they would have left it there.

hermansson is a savage, only casuals don't know who he is by now.

he's kind of a sloppy striker but he still goes for it, and of course his GNP is ferocious, hope he wins.

Saunders, Arlovski, and Burns on the under card. Lineker, Oliveira vs Perry, Souza vs Hermansson, and a Greg Hardy freakdshow fight on the main card.

Seems pretty good to me.

Come on dude, you are comparing Romero who is a top contender and someone who some feel should be champ right now with someone who hardly anyone knows. Its like comparing Aaron Judge to Didi Gregorious. Ones a superstar and the other is just good.

Lol at should be champ. He's missed weight for two consecutive title fights, he's not getting another shot until he can prove he can make weight consistently.

ESPN not putting up with crap cards like Fox
Great deal for cord cutters like me. For less than half the price of Netflix, Hulu or Prime, it's a great deal.

I can appreciate others being frustrated it's not on their ESPN channel, but I suppose we all need to get used to this new model and deal with it however we must.

Back