Jack who? ESPN demotes the Jacare vs Jack Hermansson main card to ESPN+

• Thread starter Deleted member 436105
  • Start date
Makes sense, they prob got some new subscribers and having back to back cards they will be less likely to cancel their sub and more likely to forget to cancel before the free month is up

No more PPVs on cable. Removing fight nights from cable

We paid attention to how shitty Game of Thrones ratings were being able to watch it on your couch with a remote. No way in hell we're going to make it that simple. Please submit $5 to get the rest of our opinion and a WMMA commercial.
But Dana said "just wait, we're fixing to do big things, you guys are gonna have your minds blown!". Yeah, like make it harder for everyone to watch fights, mother fuckers.

I wanted to watch this on TV but I have ESPN+ on my PS4 so it isn't a total loss. Just get annoyed with the occasional lag.

I don't blame them. Jacare/Hermansson is not a ESPN caliber main event, especially that timeslot on a saturday night. will likely air nba playoffs instead

how do you go from Cain/Ngannou & Gaethje/Barboza to Jacare/Hermansson, and then back to Woodley/Lawler. Obviously one of those events doesn't belong

last minute changes are a part of the game. These filthy casuals will have to get accustomed to it..

I can't believe they thought Romero was gonna carry this card. lmfao

Last edited:
But Dana said "just wait, we're fixing to do big things, you guys are gonna have your minds blown!". Yeah, like make it harder for everyone to watch fights, mother fuckers.

Does he think we give AF about more institutes in other countries? I don't know how many are here or what they're for.
What about Dustin's performance?
~ We're looking for land in Mexico. It's gonna be game changing.

Wat two guys? Jacare is still on the card. They literally moved it because of Yoel and that is crazy
They targeted Yoel vs Costa. Then it became Yoel vs Jacare. Then Yoel was a scratch and they targeted Costa vs Jacare. That didn’t pan out either. Then they ended up with Jacare vs Hermansson. They didn’t get either one of the two guys they had targeted to fight in the main event..

They targeted Yoel vs Costa. Then it became Yoel vs Jacare. Then Yoel was a scratch and they targeted Costa vs Jacare. That didn’t pan out either. Then they ended up with Jacare vs Hermansson. They didn’t get either one of the two guys they had targeted to fight in the main event..

Ok Fair enough but this is a pretty damn good card if you ask me.

Main Card (ESPN+, 9 PM ET)

Ronaldo Souza vs. Jack Hermansson
Greg Hardy vs. Dmitrii Smoliakov
Alex Oliveira vs. Mike Perry
Glover Teixeira vs. Ion Cutelaba
John Lineker vs. Cory Sandhagen
Roosevelt Roberts vs. Thomas Gifford

Preliminary Card (ESPN, 7 PM ET)

Ben Saunders vs. Takashi Sato
Andrei Arlovski vs. Augusto Sakai
Carla Esparza vs. Virna Jandiroba
Gilbert Burns vs. TBA

Preliminary Card (ESPN 2/ESPN+, 5:30 PM ET)

Jim Miller vs. Jason Gonzalez
Jessica Penne vs. Jodie Esquibel
Court McGee vs. Dhiego Lima

Any chance they are shying away from Greg Hardy Drama?

HIA9u9t.png

One more reason not to give ESPN one fucking dime.

The more i think about it. It's probably Greg Hardy being on the card and BIG ESPN don't want that smoke.

Ok Fair enough but this is a pretty damn good card if you ask me.

Main Card (ESPN+, 9 PM ET)

Ronaldo Souza vs. Jack Hermansson
Greg Hardy vs. Dmitrii Smoliakov
Alex Oliveira vs. Mike Perry
Glover Teixeira vs. Ion Cutelaba
John Lineker vs. Cory Sandhagen
Roosevelt Roberts vs. Thomas Gifford

Preliminary Card (ESPN, 7 PM ET)

Ben Saunders vs. Takashi Sato
Andrei Arlovski vs. Augusto Sakai
Carla Esparza vs. Virna Jandiroba
Gilbert Burns vs. TBA

Preliminary Card (ESPN 2/ESPN+, 5:30 PM ET)

Jim Miller vs. Jason Gonzalez
Jessica Penne vs. Jodie Esquibel
Court McGee vs. Dhiego Lima

Any chance they are shying away from Greg Hardy Drama?
Card is decent, by espn+ standards it’s good. I don’t think it moves the needle for a regular ESPN card though.

And I think there is ABSOLUTELY a chance they are distancing themselves from Greg Hardy for many valid reasons, including those inside the octagon.

War Jacare
fook ESPN+-lgbt

I think ESPN is thinking smart on this. Jacare isn't even that popular much less the fact that it isn't Top 5 versus Top 5 and the other guy is an unknown to most people.

Last edited:
last minute changes are a part of the game. These filthy casuals will have to get accustomed to it..

I can't believe they thought Romero was gonna carry this card. lmfao

it was a weak card to begin with too. greg hardy as co-main again?

Does he think we give AF about more institutes in other countries? I don't know how many are here or what they're for.
What about Dustin's performance?
~ We're looking for land in Mexico. It's gonna be game changing.
The UFC's business model has always been to make the biggest profits possible while paying the fighters the least amount possible. And yeah, like anyone gives a fuck about a UFC building in stupid Mexico. Pffft

it was a weak card to begin with too. greg hardy as co-main again?

I don't think it is all that weak I've seen worse PPV's. I think it's Hardy they are moving away from here not Jack Hermansson.

They don't want to deal with Hardy's past so putting him on the stream is sweeping him under the rug. imo

I don't blame them. Jacare/Hermansson is not a ESPN caliber main event, especially that timeslot on a saturday night. will likely air nba playoffs instead

how do you go from Cain/Ngannou & Gaethje/Barboza to Jacare/Hermansson, and then back to Woodley/Lawler. Obviously one of those events doesn't belong

Injuries that's how that happens

Huge fan of Jacare, but at the end of the day, he is getting old. I doubt the UFC will ever give him a title shot. It sucks, but it appears we may be entering the "rainbow style bender" era...

Jacare is one of my favorite mma fighters of all time. I don't care what it's on, I'll be watching.

Back