Jack Slack's Ringcraft Episode 2!!!!!

Gee, more Jack Slack commentary on the importance of JABS & TEEPS.

Yada Yada Yada.

Earth shattering stuff, Jack.

It was cool the first dozen times you commented on these things, but it's getting a bit old now.

Limeys do love their jabs. We get it sir. I'm sure the queen will love your commentary too.

But maybe you can come up with some new material for us yanks on the other side of the pond? We tend to hate reading the same thing over and over again. :D

Oh well... At least he didn't harp on WMMA's lack of jabs and teeps again, LOL. Oh no, I've put a new bee in his bonnet. Yikes!

I have no doubt that he'll put out a new article ragging on WMMA by next week. :D

Wow you sound like someone got salt in your c*nt.

If you ignore the 1st minute he stops talking about jabs and goes on to countering in combinations and using momentum as a counter device, maybe those types of things are a little bit above your intelligence level.

If you don't like the guys work, don't read it.

Also, WMMA (striking wise...apart from Joanna and in some cases Holms) is fucking shocking.

Last edited:

Yada Yada Yada.

It was cool the first dozen times you commented on these things, but it's getting a bit old now.

Limeys do love their jabs. We get it sir. I'm sure the queen will love your commentary too.

But maybe you can come up with some new material for us yanks on the other side of the pond? We tend to hate reading the same thing over and over again. :D

Oh well... At least he didn't harp on WMMA's lack of jabs and teeps again, LOL. Oh no, I've put a new bee in his bonnet. Yikes!

I have no doubt that he'll put out a new article ragging on WMMA by next week. :D

With good reason. Jabs are the most important strike of all. Everything comes off a jab. with few exceptions, a weak jab equals weak fighter. It can't be emphasized enough. Can't tell you how frustrating it is to watch fighters these days who don't throw a single good jab the entire session, even when they're the bigger fighter. Infuriating. Also the most high % strike to the head.

Although I don't understand Jack's love of Conor as Conor's jab is pitiful.

With good reason. Jabs are the most important strike of all. Everything comes off a jab. with few exceptions, a weak jab equals weak fighter. It can't be emphasized enough. Can't tell you how frustrating it is to watch fighters these days who don't throw a single good jab the entire session, even when they're the bigger fighter. Infuriating. Also the most high % strike to the head.

Although I don't understand Jack's love of Conor as Conor's jab is pitiful.

I don't think I mentioned McGregor's jab. It was about the wheel kick which drew a clumsy return.

Jack...I love your stuff. Read them all on fightland.

Keep it up. I'm learning a ton about the sweet science, thanks to you.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

This one has been a long time coming, we're still working out the kinks in the process of getting them together. Hoping to get these on a shorter production time as we get more comfortable making them.

[YT]eO11bqOrbTY[/YT]

If you have been waiting on the new ep, apologies its so late! If you haven't, give it a go :) I'd love to know what folks would like to see improved, it's an experiment at this point.

There is an article to go with this one, on Advanced Three Initiatives, but obviously it's only for those who really want to read around this stuff.

Thanks guys, be brutal!

Jack

Thanks love the vid! Keep them coming

It was alright. Not as good as most of your articles, but I understand it's a different format.

The production is getting better and is improved from episode one, but the content was just alright. To clarify, it seems like an introduction more than anything else. I know it's hard to cram a lot in when you have to consider a clear and understandable presentation but it would be great with a little more meat.

Keep up the good work.

Great stuff again, Jack. Thank you for the episode!

Pretty good video, good production.

Jack's striking analysis is always very good.

Yada Yada Yada.

Gets more complicated if you go past the first thirty seconds. Or you could read the article on Advanced Three Initiatives:

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/ringcraft-companion-mastering-the-three-initiatives

Shouldn't this be in the Standup Technique? This has nothing to do with the UFC.

Good stuff.

Though I found the video to be severely lacking in Ronda vs hypothetical male opponent predictions.

Good stuff. What I learned working in radio and doing my own channel...turning around videos always takes longer than you think. And also, you sound like you're either rushing to get through the voiceover, or your train of thought is not with what you're talking about.

It can be hard to do at first, but slowing down, getting your head straight, and connecting with the part of yourself that has the enthusiasm for your topic, makes you sound way more interesting. Something to keep working on.

Good stuff. What I learned working in radio and doing my own channel...turning around videos always takes longer than you think. And also, you sound like you're either rushing to get through the voiceover, or your train of thought is not with what you're talking about.

It can be hard to do at first, but slowing down, getting your head straight, and connecting with the part of yourself that has the enthusiasm for your topic, makes you sound way more interesting. Something to keep working on.

Cheers man, I appreciate any help folks can give me re: voiceover. Not my wheelhouse at all but starting to get more used to it, or less scared of it at any rate!

Back