Jack Slacks Breakdown of JDS/Cain

Top: your first post, in which You in all Your glorious ****yness quoted Me.

Bottom: the inane rants of a devoted contrarian.

Just to be clear I consider you a below average poster. You're in full on defense mode on Jack's behalf and you've not even bothered checking on any of the stuff I wrote? How insane are you for thinking your opinion matters when you're attacking a position you've not even investigated the validity of? You're the definition of Shertard.

And you've wasted enough of my time...

typing.gif

I'm guessing you frequent /b/ alot.

Most of all, it seems like you have some sort of personal vendetta towards a guy who you don't even know, for no apparent reason other than he gets more attention than you.

It's his lifelong dream to be king of the internet. Jack Slack threatens him by, you know, actually being good at something.

Ughugh, I enjoyed reading your analysis. I also enjoy reading Jack's articles. I don't think there's any problem criticizing his pieces, but just not in the way you're going about it. I don't think he has to disclose any of his credentials or any other personal information. He's been very polite in his responses, and I think it makes a nice discussion when two have different stances on an issue as long as it stays civil. But of course this is Sherdog, but it does seem you have the knowledge to make intelligent and well written posts, I think there's no reason to go after him personally. Maybe you have an issue with the posters supporting him and not the man himself?

Maybe I do but I also think Jack has created this situation by overselling himself and his credentials. You're either legit and disclose your legitimacy or you don't engage differing opinions with the weight of McDojo. And it's not just me mind you. Jack has a long and rich history of silencing dissent and debate by being sarcastic, arrogant and acting like he's got all this experience (which there is no way of confirming though they seem doubtful in light of some of his conclusions and the sheer amount of time he spends producing his material). If it's not in the form of a question or a confirmation of his ideas then he usually throws out a few platitudes or become overbearingly defensive.

I also think his fanboys as well intended as their love and respect is are actually hurting him by creating an unreasonable hype. Would it make any difference if Jack was just some kid with a few karate lessons and a wealth of knowledge from books and online material? Most practitioners are IDIOTS! A friend of mine who won the junior ama nationals used to argue that Tyson didn't use a heavily bob and weave saturated peek-a-boo style when they played around with his style in practice. According to him Tyson was this upright, wildly swinging post D'Amato brawler and it became apparent he'd never seen prime Tyson fight! And what's worse: according to him Tyson was his idol. Fighters in general are not the cleverest bunch because it kinda goes hand in hand with willfully stepping into the ring and getting brain damage. It would not be a big deal if he didn't have the credentials but it would be a more honest debate.

Like, Luke Thomas just recently took up classes and he still gets plenty of respect, but imagine if he'd tried to back his opinion with "I trane" and then been backed by a bunch of fanboys making his word a law? The moment he got exposed you wouldn't have heard a word from him ever again. It will be a long fall if he doesn't find a way to weed out some of the bullshit and add a little humility to his act before that point.

i'm pretty sure you said the same thing about Dr Johnny a few years ago (if i'm wrong, sorry, and you can skip the rest of this, b/c i continue to correlate DrJ and TSG). when i read both Dr Johnny and TheStrikingGuy, i tend to learn things i didn't know, from a perspective i'm less of an expert on. likewise with Dr Johnny, i remember you (if it was you) getting upset because he wasn't giving medical facts, only mma opinions from a guy with a medical background, and you didn't want informed opinions, you wanted facts.

when i read these things, what i do NOT do is tell myself they're an end-all-be-all "fact" or "truth"; just a more informed opinion (from a certain perspective) which helps me come to more informed opinions. cuz i don't read one thing - i read many, and after reading many things i form opinions of my own.

i suggest you read TSG not as "is he right or wrong", or looking for a factual "truth", because that's a lose-lose. read it for what it is; a guy's opinion; nothing more nothing less. that guy happens to know more about striking than most of us (just like Dr Johnny knows more about physiology than most of us), but STILL if you ask 4 experts in medicine OR striking you'll get 5 different answers!!! TSG is just one opinion. however, the difference is, those other 4 guys aren't bothering to write their opinions and post em, only TSG is. so those are the ones i read.

so don't read him looking for "truth". just read it and enjoy it, and maybe you'll learn something. if you already know all of it, or if you actively disagree with his findings, i suppose you should stop reading though. i am not there, so i continue to read and learn. and i have found him to be more accurate than most. of course, unlike ughugh, if i find 9 accurate things and 1 inaccurate thing, i don't find comfort in nitpicking the 1 thing....

ughugh, you have been thoroughly trounced this whole thread (except your on long post about what happened, that was good...of course it's easier to explain what DID happen after the fact than write analysis on what COULD happen, but i digress.) sorry you don't see it. and sadly, you probably never will.

Actually, I wouldn't disagree with anything you wrote. I may also have written it myself once or twice in this thread in fact... but I digress.

Last edited:
Bla bla bla...

How come you don't disclose your boxing credentials Jack? Or any other credentials? And how come you don't even use your real name? Signing your stuff with a pseudonym? Fucking weird if you ask me, especially if you're legit and have chosen to be in the public eye. Will we ever see your face? Is it Guy Fawgs day???

(For those who doesn't know; Jack Slack, the real one, was a former champ known for his legendary dirty tactics. He's said to be the father of the rabbit punch)

lol why on earth would anyone want to divulge personal information to a troll like you?

Actually, I wouldn't disagree with anything you wrote. I may also have written it myself once or twice in this thread in fact... but I digress.

well no, you didn't. and that might be the crux of the problem; that you have been saying things much, much differently than apparently you think you've been saying them. maybe it's b/c english isn't your first language (your words, not mine) and some subtleties in translations are getting lost...???

regardless, if what i wrote is a summary of how you feel, then i will take your word for it. but if you re-read even just the last 2 pages, multiple people have told you (and i paraphrase) "you seem to know your shit, but you come across as a dick". instead of arguing, i suggest you just let that roll around in your head for a bit as constructive criticism. cheers.

I also think his fanboys as well intended as their love and respect is are actually hurting him by creating an unreasonable hype.

All these "fanboys" appreciated the one post of actual analysis you did in this thread. It was your other antics they took exception to. If that's what you consider hype and you want fans so bad, all you have to do is stop trolling and write some more analysis every so often.

Why all the hate on the use of leg kicks vs. JDS? He defends them poorly and when he's been leg kicked in the past it has thrown his balance out the window. Also, Cain is a very competent and powerful kicker so this seems like solid advice.

Keep the articles comin' Jack - most of us enjoy them and learn a fair bit here and there.

I think like most people I don't always agree with everything that's written, but I never feel like I've wasted my time reading the article.

Why all the hate on the use of leg kicks vs. JDS? He defends them poorly and when he's been leg kicked in the past it has thrown his balance out the window. Also, Cain is a very competent and powerful kicker so this seems like solid advice.

Keep the articles comin' Jack - most of us enjoy them and learn a fair bit here and there.

I think like most people I don't always agree with everything that's written, but I never feel like I've wasted my time reading the article.

i find it amazing that that was picked on. i mean, if an NFL analyst writes a very well reasoned article that Seattle v San Francisco will be a close game because they have the #1 and #2 defenses, and then Seattle fucking mops the floor with the 49ers (partly because of special teams), does that make the analyst shit? no, it doesn't.

likewise, TSG suggested that leg kicks might be a great thing for Cain to capitalize on. turns out Cain used changing levels instead. doesn't mean TSG was "wrong"; it just means Cain used a different technique than one TSG suggested might work.

PS WAR HAWKS :)

Last edited:
well no, you didn't. that's the problem. you have been saying things much, much differently than apparently you think you've been saying them.

if what i wrote is a summary of how you feel, then i will take your word for it. but if you re-read even just the last 2 pages, multiple people have told you (and i paraphrase) "you seem to know your shit, but you come across as a dick". instead of arguing, i suggest you just let that roll around in your head for a bit as constructive criticism. cheers.

But I am dick and this is how I express myself. There's currently a whole thread shitting on Tyson Fury for his "trash talk" but he's kind of a hero of mine because I'm a traveler too and being audacious and loud is a cultural thing. John Maguire... the same thing. Haven't you watched Snatch? It's how we roll, bitch.

It's all wordplay though and I'm never physically harmful unless threatened. And I don't hold a grudge. As much as I'm dishing it out I'm able to take it and I have not blown any fuses over name calling being thrown my way. There's no offense taken and none meant. Your vagina is safe.

All these "fanboys" appreciated the one post of actual analysis you did in this thread. It was your other antics they took exception to. If that's what you consider hype and you want fans so bad, all you have to do is stop trolling and write some more analysis every so often.

I don't want appreciation. If someone's got an opinion that's all it is and it doesn't matter if he's Carl Sagan or some half naked creationist waving a sign in a picketing against evolution. Get yourself some autonomy and independence and form some own ideas instead of flocking like sheep ffs. Group think is the most intellectually depraved form of reasoning and the Sherdog mob must be the lowest of the low.

So instead of me writing an "analysis"; how about if You venture out of your comfort zone and add a differing opinion once in a while? You literally couldn't get safer than the internet when exploring your personality. Who knows... you might actually find out you have something intelligent to say?

There's been zero (0) hate on leg kicks. There's been much hate on the lack of boxing and how it was supplemented with leg kicks. He obviously wasn't beat by leg kicks.

But I am dick and this is how I express myself. There's currently a whole thread shitting on Tyson Fury for his "trash talk" but he's kind of a hero of mine because I'm a traveler too and being audacious and loud is a cultural thing. John Maguire... the same thing. Haven't you watched Snatch? It's how we roll, bitch.

It's all wordplay though and I'm never physically harmful unless threatened. And I don't hold a grudge. As much as I'm dishing it out I'm able to take it and I have not blown any fuses over name calling being thrown my way. There's no offense taken and none meant. Your vagina is safe.

you're the one who gets a tingly vagina from being a dick on an anonymous forum, not me. self esteem issues? mommy didn't hug you enough? grew up fat & pimply and is now making up for it? who knows. i wish you luck, kid.

you're the one who gets a tingly vagina from being a dick on an anonymous forum, not me. self esteem issues? mommy didn't hug you enough? grew up fat & pimply and is now making up for it? who knows. i wish you luck, kid.

I'm the one who's in the center of the drama storm here. My initial post was:

Jack is a bit of a dork. His piece before the fight (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/12/27/3804288/killing-the-king-junior-dos-santos) he went into long tangents about JDS body jab coupled with some weird examples from Mayweather vs Mosley plus boring calls for leg kicks etc.

Now... had he watched Hopkins vs de la Hoya he would have had the formula already and not made as many stupid conclusions...

Karate guys simply shouldn't be allowed to analyze anything. Stick to pointing out after the fact stuff like tendencies instead because strategy is not for you.

and then you and all your friends called PETA and started shouting something incoherent about the children...

Of course I will explain my point if someone asks me. That's how you debate. Why would you have a problem with it? If you see something that you feel is out of line then report it to the mods and I'll happily sit on command for them.

I'm the one who's in the center of the drama storm here. My initial post was:

and then you and all your friends called PETA and started shouting something incoherent about the children...

Of course I will explain my point if someone asks me. That's how you debate. Why would you have a problem with it? If you see something that you feel is out of line then report it to the mods and I'll happily sit on command for them.

lol

the sad truth is, i believe that you believe all that :)

if you ARE in the UK, it's a damn good thing for you that they have decent social programs for those who fall through the cracks. again, i wish you well, kid; you're gonna need it.

Here's what I wrote in response
And leg kicks up your ass. How the hell is a leg kick gonna be faster than a jab?!?!?!

I was with you until you wrote this as your understanding of pure boxing is good but you showed your lack of understanding of how kickboxing can beat boxing. You do realise that leg kicks are a longer range weapon that can attack the lead leg of a boxer before he has even got his punch half way out? That should hopefully explain how a low kick can be faster than a jab. If you had either experience of a low kicking art or watched enough combat sports with good low kickers you would see how low kicks regularly beat jabs. We've seen it enough in mma. Against a good low kicker as soon as you step to jab the low kick lands. If you aren't threatening with a good check a low kicker will destroy your front leg every time you go to jab.

As for TS it was a good article but there were a few things I disagreed with:
JackSlack said:
Whenever he jabbed , Cain Velasquez did so with his head bolt upright
Actually Cain was tucking his chin much better than before behind his shoulder on the jab. When he got tired his form starting to regress though.
JackSlack said:
The truth is that Cigano cannot hit hard while on the retreat because it is a rarely practiced technique and it is a skill which isn't taught much in traditional boxing.
Sorry but this just isn't true. If you had ever watched any high level amateur boxing you would know this is commonplace. A lot of counter punching in the ammies in particular is reliant on countering on the retreat, very often just a half step back to get out of range and then let them walk onto your straight counter. Seems to be a bit of a myth perpetrated by Machida fans.

I enjoy reading Jack's articles, but Ughugh raised some valid points.

I dont understand why some ppl automaticaly started defending Jack and shiting on Ughugh.

I enjoy Jacks articles, but thats it. I dont have to defend him here. Its not like he is never wrong. And its pretty clear for me he uses Sherdog (at least a little bit) as a marketing tool for selling books and stuff. So Ughugh questions about Jacks credentials are valid.

I enjoy reading Jack's articles, but Ughugh raised some valid points.

I dont understand why some ppl automaticaly started defending Jack and shiting on Ughugh.

I enjoy Jacks articles, but thats it. I dont have to defend him here. Its not like he is never wrong. And its pretty clear for me he uses Sherdog (at least a little bit) as a marketing tool for selling books and stuff. So Ughugh questions about Jacks credentials are valid.

because he's a dick about it. which he admits (a few posts up, "But I am dick and this is how I express myself.")

if ugh had respectfully posted his criticisms, they would have been treated respectfully. but when someone is being a dick, one cannot later cry foul that they are being treated like a dick. furthermore, when he writes a 20 paragraph analysis, with gifs and videos supporting his points, and someone comes back with "haha wtf do you know, you suck! what gym do you trane in?!? you claim (insert 1 nitpick about 1 sentence in the 20 paragraphs) and you're full of shit!!!!"...well, that's not exactly a worthy critique, if you know what i mean. that's why people are defending Jack, not because he's Jack, but because the "critiques" (and i use that word sparingly) are usually about as well thought out as what i just described.

now that being said, like you i enjoy Jack's articles, and that's it. they're nothing but informative analysis. and it seems that some people do take them too seriously, and then get resentful later (and as *they* say, the #1 cause of resentment is unreasonably high expectations) if they don't 100% pan out.

Last edited:
if ugh had respectfully posted his criticisms, they would have been treated respectfully. but when someone is being a dick, one cannot later cry foul that they are being treated like a dick. furthermore, when he writes a 20 paragraph analysis, with gifs and videos supporting his points, and someone comes back with "haha wtf do you know, you suck! what gym do you trane in?!? you claim (insert 1 nitpick about 1 sentence in the 20 paragraphs) and you're full of shit!!!!"...well, that's not exactly a worthy critique, if you know what i mean. that's why people are defending Jack, not because he's Jack, but because the "critiques" (and i use that word sparingly) are usually about as well thought out as what i just described.

now that being said, like you i enjoy Jack's articles, and that's it. they're nothing but informative analysis. and it seems that some people do take them too seriously, and then get resentful later (and as *they* say, the #1 cause of resentment is unreasonably high expectations) if they don't 100% pan out.

I guess I have to agree.

because he's a dick about it. which he admits (a few posts up, "But I am dick and this is how I express myself.")

if ugh had respectfully posted his criticisms, they would have been treated respectfully.

you're nailing it bro. thanks for cleaning things up like this.

Back