Jack Slacks Breakdown of JDS/Cain

Good stuff.

Finally. A decent read on the fight. People who can't understand that JDS being far too worried about the TD is the entire reason he lost, shouldn't speak on what he should have done. Hold your hands too low, you get punched. Too high, you'll be on your ass faster than you can blink. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

Finally. A decent read on the fight. People who can't understand that JDS being far too worried about the TD is the entire reason he lost, shouldn't speak on what he should have done. Hold your hands too low, you get punched. Too high, you'll be on your ass faster than you can blink. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

Well said.

An Eddie Wineland breakdown would also be great.
He has some very nice in and out movement and his right cross is beautiful.

Good read. It will be interesting to see JDS comes back from this.

An Eddie Wineland breakdown would also be great.
He has some very nice in and out movement and his right cross is beautiful.

He actually did a article about the Pickett and Wineland fight before, he was picking Pickett to get inside of Winelands jab and use his right and left hooks. Wineland did an amazing job of keeping Pickett at a distance and using that cross to punish Pickett as he wiffed on his hooks.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/12/29/3814612/ufc-155-brad-pickett-in-brief

Interesting opinion. I'm sure it played some role in the defeat.

Good article by Jack Slack. He knows his stuff.

Jack is a bit of a dork. His piece before the fight (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/12/27/3804288/killing-the-king-junior-dos-santos) he went into long tangents about JDS body jab coupled with some weird examples from Mayweather vs Mosley plus boring calls for leg kicks etc.

Now... had he watched Hopkins vs de la Hoya he would have had the formula already and not made as many stupid conclusions...

Karate guys simply shouldn't be allowed to analyze anything. Stick to pointing out after the fact stuff like tendencies instead because strategy is not for you.

Yea, but it's a very hard problem to solve!

Randleman got Cro Cop that way.
Mir got Kongo like that.
Chael rocked Anderson like that early.

It may or may not happen during the course of a fight, but all it takes is a split second lapse and BAM!

Jack is a bit of a dork. His piece before the fight (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/12/27/3804288/killing-the-king-junior-dos-santos) he went into long tangents about JDS body jab coupled with some weird examples from Mayweather vs Mosley plus boring calls for leg kicks etc.

Now... had he watched Hopkins vs de la Hoya he would have had the formula already and not made as many stupid conclusions...

Karate guys simply shouldn't be allowed to analyze anything. Stick to pointing out after the fact stuff like tendencies instead because strategy is not for you.

f5407733-1a52-4d19-a7cf-5b6c300e62da.jpg

Hi Jack,

Read his/your article, watch the fight and tell me I'm wrong. It's pretty rudimentary stuff in a high profile fight so I'm not looking for any type of admiration from you, brethren...

Haterade is this guys breakfast

Loved his article before and after the fight. Besides the leg kicks he was spot on with JDS walking backwards and how Cain utilized that to his advantage using the cage

What articles have you written?

Haterade is this guys breakfast

Loved his article before and after the fight. Besides the leg kicks he was spot on with JDS walking backwards and how Cain utilized that to his advantage using the cage

What articles have you written?

How about if you actually did some fact checking instead of dismissing what I wrote on pure face value..?

And yes, like I wrote he's good at spotting tendencies so nothing new there. That's not what I was saying though.

May I also add that you exemplify Jack's target audience perfectly.

How about if you actually did some fact checking instead of dismissing what I wrote on pure face value..?

And yes, like I wrote he's good at spotting tendencies so nothing new there. That's not what I was saying though.

May I also add that you exemplify Jack's target audience perfectly.
I'm glad I do

I'm no expert in striking or any other aspect of mma like you, I'm just a fan who's a little more hardcore then casuals and his articles actually shine a bright light

But please, enlighten me further. Point me to your articles or even post your expert opinion on the striking aspects of UFC 155 or any other

I'm open headed, always want to learn new things, please help me

I'm glad I do

I'm no expert in striking or any other aspect of mma like you, I'm just a fan who's a little more hardcore then casuals and his articles actually shine a bright light

But please, enlighten me further. Point me to your articles or even post your expert opinion on the striking aspects of UFC 155 or any other

I'm open headed, always want to learn new things, please help me

I wrote I was a expert did I? No I didn't.......

I've already helped you. There's a link to Jack's previous article and a suggestion to a fight you can watch to see for yourself how little sense his before-the-fact analysis makes. The level of expertise required for you to absorb this is a little bit of interest in boxing and some time to watch the fight. Ie; to not be a fucking MMA moron who acts like common boxing strategy is anymore a mystery than your american dorkball strategies or WWE strategies I'm sure is instilled deep within your DNA.

I wrote I was a expert did I? No I didn't.......

I've already helped you. There's a link to Jack's previous article and a suggestion to a fight you can watch to see for yourself how little sense his before-the-fact analysis makes. The level of expertise required for you to absorb this is a little bit of interest in boxing and some time to watch the fight. Ie; to not be a fucking MMA moron who acts like common boxing strategy is anymore a mystery than your american dorkball strategies or WWE strategies I'm sure is instilled deep within your DNA.

That is quite funny, I'm not an American and never watched a WWE event

Even so, you have pointed to an article that I've already read and one fight I'm not going to see at my cell phone, I will do it later but so I can get from you that seeing the fight and re reading the article should be enough for any "MMA moron" to understand what Cain should have done? Does JDS has any "MMA morons" with him?

Dude, seriously. Why can't you just respect another men's opinion and others that like his articles? If you are going to act so butt hurt and defend the stick up your ass so fiercely why not spend your time justifying your opinions further instead of mentioning moons and WWE?

I can honestly say that if I felt like I had more knowledge then either of you experts, I would spend my time better then you. Probably not better then him, because you know... He has some fans and a column at a a site. And you?

Back