Jack Slack Video on how Aldo shuts down calf kicks

Wtf he’s on sherdog?
Dk why that surprises me
Now I have 3 places to go for my Jack Slack snarky MMA wisdom

He's been a member for like 10 years. He used to promote his stuff here all time time. It's been a while since I've seen him post though.

What the fuck? How do you just now appreciate Aldo? lol

Oh no. There's going to be a generation of MMA fans who only think of Aldo as the guy who got KOed in 5 seconds by Connor

I'm suddenly sad now.

Dog, we're really old fans. There's a ton of MMA fans who've come on the scene since McGregor beat Aldo and weren't around when he was a dominant champ.

I've met several people recently who got into MMA strictly because of Conor.

Dog, we're really old fans. There's a ton of MMA fans who've come on the scene since McGregor beat Aldo and weren't around when he was a dominant champ.

I've met several people recently who got into MMA strictly because of Conor.

Geesh. I still feel like an MMA newb on this site because I wasn't around when PRIDE was alive

Damn that was a great video. That pivot stance is money. Looked like Muhnoz regretted throwing those kicks.

I always thought though that those kicks would be easier to avoid than leg kicks, so his leg retraction method to avoid them doesn’t surprise me.

Didn’t Aldo check a couple kicks the traditional way too?
Weidman went from getting his leg torn up to snapping Silva’s leg. Only difference was he actually trained for the leg kicks the second time around (saw it on some old interview)
Leg kick defence is too neglected. Leg kicks will always be a weapon (like the jab) but the fact that they’re deciding so many fights is insane.

Geesh. I still feel like an MMA newb on this site because I wasn't around when PRIDE was alive

LOL I still remember getting told to shut the fuck up because I was a "TUF noob" the first three years I was on this forum.

He's been a member for like 10 years. He used to promote his stuff here all time time. It's been a while since I've seen him post though.

Because the local Sherbro "experts" would always talk mad shit, trying to discredit him.

I remember when he did an excellent video on shifts, and the dickbags on here mocked him, like shifting in striking doesn't exist.

Can Aldo do that if he doesn't control the pace?
If he doesn't fight in a boxing stance and being stationery?
What about in and out movement where you land on your feet and can't turn.
This was a kickbox fight for Aldo.

It also seems that Aldo has full awareness of coming kicks. Most fighters can't even see them coming.
you can't defend what you are not seing coming.
Reading opponents and fight IQ determines those calf defences of Aldo also.
Most fighters don't even see kicks coming. That needs to be first adressed before you can defend something you can't see coming.
Most fighters can't focus on more than 3 things at a time. They get confused. Only thr elite have awareness of different weapons of the opponent at the same time.

Back