Jack Slack on Ronda: "Any top 50 flyweight would eat her alive."

why the fuck he even made this point

Look at Ronda's boxing in the cage, it's nothing special. She doesn't cut the cage off, there's no setup, or faints, or feeling out, just rush in swinging as girls either back themselves onto the cage, or rush in swinging for a KO and get clinched and tossed.

It's true. But what's also true: it works, and she has evolved over the past couple of years from a one trick pony into being a grappling/judo machine AS WELL as being, factually, the most effective striker in the UFC today.

Does that say something about the level of her opponents? Obviously. But who are we to know what her striking would look like if she was forced into having to be more patient and technical? For now she doesn't need to.

Top 50? Any amateur flyweight male fighter would destroy Ronda or any woman in a match.

It's true. But what's also true: it works, and she has evolved over the past couple of years from a one trick pony into being a grappling/judo machine AS WELL as being, factually, the most effective striker in the UFC today.

Does that say something about the level of her opponents. Obviously. But who are we to know what her striking would look like if she was forced into having to be more patient and technical? For now she doesn't need to.

I completely agree, I'd love to see a a fighter that could push that out of her. I want to see everything she's capable of.

If GSP could win all his fights like Rousey does, he'd be a few steps above the division, but we wouldn't have seen his amazingly well rounded skillset.

Does that say something about the level of her opponents? Obviously. But who are we to know what her striking would look like if she was forced into having to be more patient and technical? For now she doesn't need to.

That's fine, and I agree with everything you said.

I'm just sick of CNN articles labeling her the best fighter in the world, including both men and women, and hearing her talk about how she'd beat Cain Velasquez in a fight, etc.

The truth is she's easily the least skilled champion on the UFC roster, but nobody notices because she fights the worst competition of anyone.

I don't really understand these dudes who are obsessed with fantasizing about men beating up women.

Agreed.

Even the topic of a female fighting a male sends threads instantly off the rails.
The insecurity level here is mindblowing most times.

Just when I thought jack slack couldn't lack any more credibility apparently he is in for the man vs woman fight....

Just when I thought jack slack couldn't lack any more credibility apparently he is in for the man vs woman fight....

I lack credibility in your eyes? Damn, that hurts.

On topic, no I'm not in for it. I wrote an article about the dumbest things I heard in the MMA community this week, and how much lower the technical standard is in the women's classes in addition to the obvious physical advantages of men.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/wushu-watch-ronda-rousey-versus-men

But haters gonna hate ;)

I remember When Ronda said she could stop Ray Rice LOL

The truth is she's easily the least skilled champion on the UFC roster, but nobody notices because she fights the worst competition of anyone.

Nah, that's not true. I'm not gonna compare the men and the women, that really can't be done. Different worlds.

But she's arguably more skilled than JJ (her obviously being the only other female champ). Not in the striking department - although one could argue that she's more EFFECTIVE than JJ.

But Ronda's Judo is better than JJ's striking, when comparing their strengths, and her striking is better than JJ's grappling when comparing their relative weaknesses.

The internet is a fucking crazy place. Threads like this makes me regret the UFC's decision to bring on women in the first place.

Nah, that's not true. I'm not gonna compare the men and the women, that really can't be done. Different worlds.

But she's arguably more skilled than JJ (her obviously being the only other female champ). Not in the striking department - although one could argue that she's more EFFECTIVE than JJ.

But Ronda's Judo is better than JJ's striking, when comparing their strengths, and her striking is better than JJ's grappling when comparing their relative weaknesses.

I bet you think Ronda could had stopped Ray Rice, she thinks thing would had been different if she was in elevator

He's right. Ronda probably hits hard for a female fighter, I'm not doubting her power for one minute. But she knows that there isn't single one-hitter quitter in all of WMMA (Cyborg included), and she can take the risk of bum-rushing with awkward punches, just to get close enough - once there, she either smashes a glass chin, or grabs the clinch and it's game over either way.

Correia doesn't have a glass chin and Ronda didn't knock her out from hitting her chin, she knocked her out cold from a punch behind the ear, she'd have wobbled anybody with that punch. This is a poor article from Jack Slack, wow.

I think even her most beloved fans know she would lose to most trained men, no matter the division in an actual fight. Doesn't take away the fact she could takedown and strangle or even knockout any untrained male that doesn't have a ridiculous size advantage, if you think different you haven't seen a high level female grappler toy with men on the mat, because I have, Ronda is at the pinnacle of women grappling. I think most the hate I see Ronda getting from mostly males is their insecurity.

Correia doesn't have a glass chin and Ronda didn't knock her out from hitting her chin, she knocked her out cold from a punch behind the ear, she'd have wobbled anybody with that punch. This is a poor article from Jack Slack, wow.

I think even her most beloved fans know she would lose to most trained men, no matter the division in an actual fight. Doesn't take away the fact she could takedown and strangle or even knockout any untrained male that doesn't have a ridiculous size advantage, if you think different you haven't seen a high level female grappler toy with men on the mat, because I have, Ronda is at the pinnacle of women grappling.

Which article? He linked a tweet, dude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back