Jack Slack - McGregor - Diaz II

It's funny how the MMA media members who are hated the most, Luke Thomas and Jack Slack, are both guys with solid training backgrounds and extensive knowledge of 1 or more art. Guys like Helwani who don't know shit about technique don't get nearly as much hate. I think this just exposes MMA fans as guys who don't really understand the nuances of what they're watching. They should shut up, watch, and learn a thing or two.

>Solid training backgrounds

>Luke Thomas and Jack slack

OpkgjTy.png

One is a McDojo groupie while the other is an anonymous blogger who once took a couple boxercise classes.

Lol there are Sherbros on this site who know more than those two morons put together.

Last edited:
Ariel never purports to be a martial art expert, and doesn't even try to do technical breakdowns, so the comparison is completely invalid. Ariel is popular for his interviews & reporting.

I realize that, and I never said he diid, but my point is that the guys who know the most, seem to be the most hated. It's just an odd thing to me, considering this is a place for MMA enthusiasts who presumably should for one, appreciate and understand technique; and two, should understand by now that even the best analysis is far from foolproof because of the nature of the game. Did Slack jump on the McGregor bandwagon? Sort of. So did everyone else, and for good reason. Did he hype up Almeida? Yes, but he also repeatedly said that he has major defensive flaws. For every fighter he praised, he also points out their flaws. I just really don't understand people's criticism, and they almost never defend it with something tangible.

He may have felt into the McGregor hype and is definitively wrong sometime, but still knowledgeable and usually pleasant to read

Typical Jack Slack article:

- "Hurr Durr (insert current hypejob fighter) is the future of MMA!!!!"

- Proceed to write massive walls of redundant text

- Spam countless gifs

- Revisit article when the fighter he just overhyped gets beat (i.e. TJ, Connie, etc)

It's funny how the MMA media members who are hated the most, Luke Thomas and Jack Slack, are both guys with solid training backgrounds and extensive knowledge of 1 or more art. Guys like Helwani who don't know shit about technique don't get nearly as much hate. I think this just exposes MMA fans as guys who don't really understand the nuances of what they're watching. They should shut up, watch, and learn a thing or two.
yeah? is that the case? What is their extensive background? Firas has an extensive background not Luke Thomas.
Didn't the guy even announce when he started training and that was like 2 years ago?
The other guy is anonymous and you don't even know his identity.

>Solid training backgrounds

>Luke Thomas and Jack slack

OpkgjTy.png

One is a McDojo groupie while the other is an anonymous blogger who once took a couple boxercise classes.

Lol there are Sherbros on this site who know more than both those two morons put together.

You realize you're just spouting shit right? Like, there's no substance to what you're saying. I get that you don't like him, that's cool. Move along.

I realize that, and I never said he diid, but my point is that the guys who know the most, seem to be the most hated.

Firas Zahabi knows the most, and he is not hated.

Even if we're just talking about established MMA media guys, Ben Fowlkes is an example of a guy who trains extensively for years, and is not hated. He doesn't shove it down anyone's throat.

I respect Luke Thomas' work, and I respect Jack Slack's hustle, but those guys are hated because they often come off as know-it-alls. It is not for their intelligence.

Jack Slack's prediction on Lawler/Woodley

Tyrone Woodley is another in the long line of wrestlers with that one big punch, but he'll need more than that if he wants to topple Robbie Lawler from the welterweight throne.

Yeah, Firas Zahabi's fight breakdowns are the best in the business imo. He is so in tune with the whole game.

Firas is good but he has little bits of bullshit in every one of his breakdowns. He's wrong on topics here and there. Still a very smart guy that goes into detail which is the important thing.

yeah? is that the case? What is their extensive background? Firas has an extensive background not Luke Thomas.
Didn't the guy even announce when he started training and that was like 2 years ago?

Agreed.

I've always Dan Hardy and Dominick Cruz(prior to resuming fighting) are two of the BEST in the game.

Dan Hardy in particular dissects fights to a tee. His pre-fight analysis on Honda vs Holly for example was spot on from a technical standpoint.

Very impressive stuff

Firas is not an MMA media member. He's one of the best coaches in the world. You're missing my point.

I'm not saying these guys are high level competitors in their disciplines, but compared to guys like Ben Fowlkes, Chad Dundas and Ariel Helwani, these guys understand the game infinitely better. Hell, Dillashaw said himself that he read Slack's Killing the King article on Renan Barao before they fought.

Firas is good but he has little bits of bullshit in every one of his breakdowns. He's wrong on topics here and there. Still a very smart guy that goes into detail which is the important thing.

Nobody is perfect, except Bill Murray.

You realize you're just spouting shit right? Like, there's no substance to what you're saying. I get that you don't like him, that's cool. Move along.

Substance? How ironic...

Please inform us on Luke Thomas and Jack Slacks "EXTENSIVE" training backgrounds...

That's okay I can wait...

<21>

Firas Zahabi knows the most, and he is not hated.

Even if we're just talking about established MMA media guys, Ben Fowlkes is an example of a guy who trains extensively for years, and is not hated. He doesn't shove it down anyone's throat.

I respect Luke Thomas' work, and I respect Jack Slack's hustle, but those guys are hated because they often come off as know-it-alls. It is not for their intelligence.

I'm not sure I knew that Fowlkes trained. He says some dumb shit on his podcast. But I stand corrected on that one.

I'm not saying these guys are high level competitors in their disciplines, but compared to guys like Ben Fowlkes,

See, there's a perfect example. You probably didn't even know Ben Fowlkes has trained for a bunch of years, because he doesn't constantly reference it as though it makes him an expert on pro MMA. Whereas Luke Thomas does kinda act like that.

Substance? How ironic...

Please inform us on Luke Thomas and Jack Slacks "EXTENSIVE" training backgrounds...

That's okay I can wait...

<21>

I used the word "extensive" in regards to knowledge, and the word "solid" in regards to training. Meaning they have at least been in the gym and been involved in the sport, more so than many other mma media members.

I'm not sure I knew that Fowlkes trained. He says some dumb shit on his podcast. But I stand corrected on that one.

Yeah there ya go. Ben plays his training close to the vest, which I think analysts should instead of mentioning their training all the time in their analyses.

See, there's a perfect example. You probably didn't even know Ben Fowlkes has trained for a bunch of years, because he doesn't constantly reference it as though it makes him an expert on pro MMA. Whereas Luke Thomas does kinda act like that.

Can you give me an example of them shoving down people's throats? Is it because they'll use the proper judo term for a throw, or describe a technique and say "when I have tried this..." etc?

Can you give me an example of them shoving down people's throats? Is it because they'll use the proper judo term for a throw, or describe a technique and say "when I have tried this..." etc?

Just the fact that you know Luke Thomas trains and you didn't know Ben does, kinda proves that point.

And as far as Jack Slack goes, he is literally in this thread right now, under the username "TheStrikingGuy".

1418.gif

Lol @ anyone taking Jack Slackjaw seriously.

One of the worst MMA Analysts/Revisionists right up there with that other moron Luke Thomas.

The same guy saying Connie would tool Nate and implying Dom was no match for Dillashaws groundbreaking style even though he really was just Cruz Lite :D:D:D

View attachment 126527

Jack Slack isn't anywhere close to as bad as Luke Thomas, Luke Thomas provides nothing useful, Jack Slack is very good at breaking down striking, he exaggerates some but I think that's more for entertainment.

He also never said that Conor would tool nate or imply that Dom is no match for Dillashaw.

That image you posted is just Cruz being butthurt. At the time Jack Slack made those comments they were 100% true, Cruz had not beaten anyone as good as Barao or TJ yet, that doesn't mean he doesn't think it's possible.

Back