Jack Slack - McGregor - Diaz II

Yeah, he's not very consistent.

On another note; Cruz is a pundit for fights and took it to heart when Florian picked against him & that Tweet aimed at Slack.
It's not so much that he picked against Cruz, but everytime somebody looks very impressive, he's the future of MMA and so advanced and then he finds all those details that he uses as arguments why somebody is so awesome.
If somebody had lost a fight with the exact same performance he'd write about other details which he would then pick up to show how much holes the same fighter has in his game.

So Jack doesn't have a clear tendency to fall for hypes?
He's made a point of staying away from the MVP hype, until he fights more legit competition, which is respectable, because it seems like he's a hot topic right now.

Lol @ anyone taking Jack Slackjaw seriously.

One of the worst MMA Analysts/Revisionists right up there with that other moron Luke Thomas.

The same guy saying Connie would tool Nate and implying Dom was no match for Dillashaws groundbreaking style even though he really was just Cruz Lite :D:D:D

View attachment 126527
I never understood the hate after this post. He simply stated that TJ was not gonna be an easy win for Dom. And he was right. Plus Dom is even better than most thought returning after such a long layoff beating the best guy he ever faced. So I don't see where there is anything wrong with his statement.

One of the worst MMA Analysts/Revisionists right up there with that other moron Luke Thomas.

The same guy saying Connie would tool Nate and implying Dom was no match for Dillashaws groundbreaking style even though he really was just Cruz Lite :D:D:D

View attachment 126527
cruz is just a salty little kid

So Jack doesn't have a clear tendency to fall for hypes?
Oh come on give him a break. He is a striking expert but still just another human being and a fight fan.

He does the same thing we all do just with a more technical approach. Name one guy who is always right about his breakdowns. MMA is just way too complex for that.

It's not so much that he picked against Cruz, but everytime somebody looks very impressive, he's the future of MMA and so advanced and then he finds all those details that he uses as arguments why somebody is so awesome.
If somebody had lost a fight with the exact same performance he'd write about other details which he would then pick up to show how much holes the same fighter has in his game.

I watched him doing a breakdown of Conor and the Holloway fight and him bringing up aspects of some of Conor's unorthodox striking - then referencing a Boxer from the late 1800's who was the first to throw that shot - and thinking 'well, it's MMA. What happens when he comes up against a high level grappler, and it's MMA not Boxing'

He doesn't seem to factor that in his breakdowns. Being a Brit, his knowledge of grappling is probably not that great.

This guy is a joke and jumps on every next best train.
When the Conor hype started he wrote stuff like FIND OUT WHY CONOR IS THE FUTURE OF MMA!
After the Diaz fight he wrote how limited Conor is and put out articles like WHY THE STOCKTON SLAP IS THE FUTURE OF PUNCHING.
He is perfect for Sherdog.

I'm not really a fan of his work, but I will try to give this a listen, because I can pretty much watch/listen to just about anything Conor/Nate related. I will try to keep an open mind. I doubt it is going to top Firas Zahabi's breakdown though.

Awesome video. The breakdown of the first Conor-Nate fight was excellent.

Awesome video. The breakdown of the first Conor-Nate fight was excellent.

Yeah, Firas Zahabi's fight breakdowns are the best in the business imo. He is so in tune with the whole game.

I never understood the hate after this post. He simply stated that TJ was not gonna be an easy win for Dom. And he was right. Plus Dom is even better than most thought returning after such a long layoff beating the best guy he ever faced. So I don't see where there is anything wrong with his statement.

Yeah, he never even said that he thought that TJ was better than Cruz.
He just said that TJ and Barao were better than any other challenges - which is cool, since his biggest wins were MM and Faber.

Slack isn't perfect, but anyone that makes breakdowns is going to spew some shit sooner or later.

View attachment 126527
Luke Thomas and Jack Slack would make a spit roast out of your dumbass

This guy is a joke and jumps on every next best train.
When the Conor hype started he wrote stuff like FIND OUT WHY CONOR IS THE FUTURE OF MMA!
After the Diaz fight he wrote how limited Conor is and put out articles like WHY THE STOCKTON SLAP IS THE FUTURE OF PUNCHING.
I have to agree. I used to enjoy his articles, even though I often disagreed with what he said, until I noticed he's basically a bandwagoner.
With Mcgregor specifically he went from this:

JACK SLACK: CONOR MCGREGOR IS THE FUTURE OF MIXED MARTIAL ARTS

But as a fighter? Well, McGregor is just sublime.

To recap quickly, a lot of what McGregor does—or did before he really hit the big time and had the freedom to train as much as he wanted—is basic, thoughtful boxing with a bit of karate / taekwondo stuff mixed in.

To this:

And as the fight progressed it became more and more clear that while Nate Diaz was a southpaw who could box—jabbing and hooking—McGregor was a fighter who relied on the tremendous advantage of being a southpaw and being able to lance that left straight through cleanly. Aside from the counter left hands, he threw very few punches of note and almost nothing but feinted, half effort jabs from his right hand to set up the left handed swings

The real point to take home from this fight is just how one-handed Conor McGregor is in his boxing.

I'm surprised he hasn't already written a 2000-word article on how Woodley ktfo'd Lawler.

It's funny how the MMA media members who are hated the most, Luke Thomas and Jack Slack, are both guys with solid training backgrounds and extensive knowledge of 1 or more art. Guys like Helwani who don't know shit about technique don't get nearly as much hate. I think this just exposes MMA fans as guys who don't really understand the nuances of what they're watching. They should shut up, watch, and learn a thing or two.

cruz is just a salty little kid
Who also happens to be among the P4P best fighters in the world and hasn't lost in 9 years.

But hey, you're right. He's "just a salty little kid"

It's funny how the MMA media members who are hated the most, Luke Thomas and Jack Slack, are both guys with solid training backgrounds and extensive knowledge of 1 or more art. Guys like Helwani who don't know shit about technique don't get nearly as much hate. I think this just exposes MMA fans as guys who don't really understand the nuances of what they're watching. They should shut up, watch, and learn a thing or two.

Ariel never purports to be a martial art expert, and doesn't even try to do technical breakdowns, so the comparison is completely invalid. Ariel is popular for his interviews & reporting.

Oh come on give him a break. He is a striking expert but still just another human being and a fight fan.

He does the same thing we all do just with a more technical approach. Name one guy who is always right about his breakdowns. MMA is just way too complex for that.
I'm not gonna jump on the Jack hate train here but no, no he's not. Not in the slightest.

He has a decent grasp of the fundamentals and a good way of presenting them to the layman but expert is quite the stretch.

Who also happens to be among the P4P best fighters in the world and hasn't lost in 9 years.

But hey, you're right. He's "just a salty little kid"
jon jones is scumbag, a dirty fighter, but who also happens to be among the P4P best fighters in the world and hasn't lost in 9 years

jon jones is scumbag, a dirty fighter, but who also happens to be among the P4P best fighters in the world and hasn't lost in 9 years
Yep. Jon Jones also can't stay out of trouble for a full year and will soon be serving a 2 year suspension :)

He may have felt into the McGregor hype and is definitively wrong sometime, but still knowledgeable and usually pleasant to read

Back