Jack Slack: How Conor McGregor Dispatched of Dennis Siver

i got pretty good defense, but it's the shots you don't see coming!

(i do gotta work on my defense when switching to southpaw though!)

Ha, that's always what gets fucked up when you switch.

Whats jack talking about with the inside vs outside leg kicks?
Twice in the first round siver kicked out the support leg of conor with inside leg kicks. He also threw a few out side leg kicks which did nothing.
He should have pointed out that it is t the kick that is the problem but maybe the timing and set up. Not setting up a kick or timing it right is the equivalent of not setting up or timing your takedowns.

Edit... comparing it to hoolihan is a moot point because hoolihan was getting outside low kicked in an orthodox stance by and orthodox fighter... conor was in a south paw stance against an orthodox fighter. Kicking a south paws lead leg with your lead leg yeilds fuck all power so the chances of it un balancing them are less than using your rear leg to kick inside.

Last edited:
How many submissions has he attempted? He's used his passes and sweeps to work GNP instead, he passed Faber's guard to mount in less then 10 seconds, he then went from mount to crucifix mounting Faber with NO EFFORT what so ever. He had Faber completly helpless for the duration of the round and the only thing that saved Faber was the bell.

Kenny Florian who is a very high level blackbelt practicioner tried to take Aldo down and got swept and mounted for his troubles in no time at all aswell. He also crushed Mendes guard to mount and did the same to Lamas.

Not to mention the rest of his victims in the WEC, Mike Brown is a very high level wrestler/grappler Aldo made him look like a rank amateur when he passed to mount and then took his back before flattening him out and pounding the daylights out of him.

Aldo have been facing high level grapplers/wrestlers pretty much every single fight since he left WEC the only exceptions are the Hominick fight (who he gave a second head and pretty much ended his career) and KZ. You are high on bathsalts if you think Conor possesses a groundgame even anywhere near the others Aldo have passed or swept throughout his career.

You probably got hard when you saw Conor use a simple halfguard kneeslide to crush the guard on a completly passive Denis Siver.

I never said that McGregor is a better grappler than the guys you mentioned so nice attempt at trying to straw man me. It's common knowledge that Aldo is better on the ground. But my point still stands, where are all of these subs? Positionally he's great and has excellent passing skills. As for the crush pass, I never even mentioned it. Feel free to check my post history within the last 20 hours to see for yourself. You're getting yourself all worked up over something that's common knowledge (Aldo being a much more proven/better grappler than McGregor). Take a breath, bud. I still see him tasting defeat and you won't be changing my mind about that.

I never said that McGregor is a better grappler than the guys you mentioned so nice attempt at trying to straw man me. It's common knowledge that Aldo is better on the ground. But my point still stands, where are all of these subs? Positionally he's great and has excellent passing skills.

They are littered all over his BJJ record, in MMA he's used his grappling in reverse to keep fights standing because it has been for the most part the easiest way to victory for him. Aldo only cares about winning the fights and keeping his belt, which is why you do not see him throw with the kind of reckless abandonment that he used to in WEC.

However when you push him he's shown several times that he hasn't lost a step, like in the Mendes fight when Mendes pushed and Aldo basically just reacted by getting angry and giving back twice as hard as Mendes threw at him.

McGregor will be the first fight in forever for Aldo that doesn't posess any kind of takedown threat what so ever, or danger on the ground. Even with KZ Aldo had to be careful when grappling due to KZ having a very underrated groundgame and very slick and creative subs.

With Conor you get a boxer, but not much else. Aldo is also faster then Conor.

Only reason UFC is hurrying this whole thing up is because they know Conor is on borrowed time having already completly torn his ACL once it's a matter of a year, two at most before he either reinjures the same knee or blows out the other knee instead. And they essentially wanna milk it for all its worth.

And there's plenty of research in this field to support this, especially for full contact sports and it really doesn't get more full contact then MMA.

It was a mismatch because Conor's that good.

If he didn't have some of the best striking in the division it wouldn't be a mismatch.

Put up or shut up. Post something relevant.

2 fine examples of Sherdoggin' at it's finest.

Let's see you put some actual coinage on the line aswell, since we've already concluded that your account isn't worth much and you'll just make another one (like you have previously) Four didgits in dollars should be easy enough for anyone over 18 and with gainfull employment to put on the line.

Smart move eliminating 98.2% of Sherdog members from the equation.

The point is if you can do what he does (and are doing it for free on Sherdog anyway) then why aren't you out there writing articles and getting paid?

Either you hate money or you can't do what he does.

Spectacular reasoning. Huge if true.

I think power, chin, cardio, mentality (especially Aldo's fuck you attitude when guys push him), reach and strength will all be very important factors.

I think you are missing a couple factors such as technique, strategy, and overall execution.

They are littered all over his BJJ record, in MMA he's used his grappling in reverse to keep fights standing because it has been for the most part the easiest way to victory for him. Aldo only cares about winning the fights and keeping his belt, which is why you do not see him throw with the kind of reckless abandonment that he used to in WEC.

However when you push him he's shown several times that he hasn't lost a step, like in the Mendes fight when Mendes pushed and Aldo basically just reacted by getting angry and giving back twice as hard as Mendes threw at him.

McGregor will be the first fight in forever for Aldo that doesn't posess any kind of takedown threat what so ever, or danger on the ground. Even with KZ Aldo had to be careful when grappling due to KZ having a very underrated groundgame and very slick and creative subs.

With Conor you get a boxer, but not much else. Aldo is also faster then Conor.

Only reason UFC is hurrying this whole thing up is because they know Conor is on borrowed time having already completly torn his ACL once it's a matter of a year, two at most before he either reinjures the same knee or blows out the other knee instead. And they essentially wanna milk it for all its worth.

And there's plenty of research in this field to support this, especially for full contact sports and it really doesn't get more full contact then MMA.

You seem a little too sure that McGregor won't shoot for takedowns. I wouldn't be real surprised if he did. He has good takedowns from the clinch and from distance (singles and doubles). Aldo likely won't worry about it but he may have to if Conor can get one without too much hassle and early. I doubt it though because Aldo's TDD is pretty ridiculous. As for the ACL speculation, I'm more sure that there's just nobody left to challenge Aldo and McGregor has already done enough to get a shot at the title. If they really wanted to hurry it then they wouldn't have booked the Mendes rematch and would've had Conor fight Aldo right after he beat Poirier.

Thanks for the feedback guys, good and bad😜😁, thought now is a suitable time to reveal my sherdog account, so here I go...
I am Jack Slack! I have some great articles coming in the next few weeks, including a great one titled, "there's more than one way to skin a potato!" Where I will focus on the styles that are making Irish fighters other than conor a success! You guys will love it!

Look forward to his "killing the King" article on Aldo/McGregor.

Thanks for the feedback guys, good and bad😜😁, thought now is a suitable time to reveal my sherdog account, so here I go...
I am Jack Slack! I have some great articles coming in the next few weeks, including a great one titled, "there's more than one way to skin a potato!" Where I will focus on the styles that are making Irish fighters other than conor a success! You guys will love it!

Might have to steal that idea... ;)

Don't listen to the basement dwellers jack, I love reading these breakdowns.

I look forward to his fight. I wonder too if Conor will constantly change his stance like tj did vs barao

Hey, all you clowns disrespecting JS.. Show us your fight analysis..

Jack cant see the wood for the trees half the time and his predictions frequently suck.

Atleast his entire sherdog posthistory doesn't suck, maybe you should start at the right end of the spectrum?

Wow, some really fucking cancerous posters in here.

Im back from future and i take picture!

d0sORTW.jpg

Back