Jack Slack: How Conor McGregor Dispatched of Dennis Siver

If you think you can do better then go write some article with useful insight and gain a following. Acting like a dick will only get you negative responses and an eventual keyboard fight without any of the technical breakdown that Jack Slack provides. Actually, by now there should be a college major in online arguing, baiting, trolling, winning a thread and shutting one down

If i could be bothered i definitely could do better. In fact many of my own short posts contain more succinct wisdom than Jack's ramblings.

Some of you guys are blinded by science, wowed by Jacks use of flowery words and pompous waffling and that is to be expected. He is obviously catering to a low brow audience but the actual analysis is very often way off.

He will argue a point and break it down to the nth degree, but thats as good as useless when hes going in totally the wrong direction and getting the wrong end of the stick. Obviously its not all bad, even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day but It really says more about your lack of knowledge of the sport if you are impressed by his breakdowns.

Seek knowledge of the sport you profess to love.

Well the most recent one was the video 'how to enjoy a fight'

http://fightland.vice.com/fightland-show/how-to-enjoy-a-fight-trailer

'Every sport has its positions and its strategies and thus there is a proper way to enjoy every fight' That has to be one of the most ludicrous things iv ever heard. Jack defo needs to get out more and so do you judging by your post count.

Meh. Do you have anything to say about his breakdowns and why they are not informative?

You have a higher post per day count than I do.

He didn't ''check'' it Aldo misstimed the distance because KZ came forward to throw himself, you do not CHECK kicks by throwing strikes and trying to close the distance on someone.

Also it doesn't surprise me to see this wannabee steven seagal fuck ''Got GOAT'' (who btw is his second account because his first one got tossed the fuck out of SD a few years back) hanging off of the nuts of the Carlos Mencia version of ''fight analysts'' aka mr 'jack slack'

LOL. Jimmies rustled. :icon_lol: BTW, I'm not even a Steven Seagal fan you dimwit. If you don't like this guy's work then don't read it and don't cry about it. You know, since you do it (break down fights) for a living (for free at that).

Not really necessary to do a fight breakdown of a mismatch.

Easy to say after the right. If Silver had won using his experience and timing perfectly for the right point to pressure Conor into unfamiliar territory it would be easy enough to say it the other way (probably not quite as easy.) Is this guy only supposed to break down fights with unexpected outcomes? Next time I tune into ESPN for NBA scores I only want to the scores on upsets and how they were made possible.

Anyway sorry if I'm sounding like a dick. I should have gone to sleep a while ago

LOL

If you see Jack slack on an article, its not a selling point its a warning.

Ludicrous stuff

I see this comment sometimes, but never counter arguments or examples of specific things he's wrong about to go with it. Ah well.

TS shouldn't you not quote the whole text?

He says in the break down, that Siver pretty much did what everyone expected. Also said that Siver getting outclassed by McGregor was to be expected, as that was pretty much the reason the fight was put together.

The first part of the breakdown was pretty much pointing out things he has pointed out from other McGregor fights. But the real substance of the article was McGregor's stance (and how Siver was able to kick out his rear leg), and how it may affect his fight with Aldo.

Not sure what the bitching is all about.

Agreed he never talked up the win like it was a big deal, just broke down the technical details. But I know people on this site don't like talking about the technical stuff, they just want to nuthug fighters

I'm interested in breaking down fights and the technical aspects so I definitely appreciate when people put effort into their analysis

Last edited:
He's viewing this thread right now. If you don't like his work then don't read it. It's simple. Much of this was previously discussed anyway by guys like me and That209, and some others (the check ending the Dillon fight, the low kicking strategy Aldo will have to adapt against McGregor being a southpaw and pressure fighter vs. Aldo being an orthodox fighter (lead leg kicks vs. rear, kicking the trailing leg or before exiting after penetrating), him not being able to throw leg kicks while being walked down and on the back foot etc. The difference here is it's from a credible source, a known analyst.

People only talking about the leg kick are completely missing the actual dynamics of the fight. Aldo, like McGregor, wins fights because of his boxing. This fight is two of the best boxers in the sport going at it. Both guys can fight going forward or back, both guys can lead and counter. People act like McGregor has better footwork than Aldo just because he says he does, but Aldo has the best pivots in the sport. He won't need to kick the legs to deal with the movement.

The real questions are who's gonna control the distance? Neither is gonna let the other guy just step forward and hit them. And neither is gonna run into the other's punches. So what happens when McGregor faces someone who can actually slip his left hand? What happens when Aldo fights someone who isn't afraid to walk him down? Will McGregor be able to kick against Aldo without them being parried and countered? What happens when Aldo gets pushed, and it lights a fire in him? These are the interesting questions that no one is talking about.

LOL. Jimmies rustled. :icon_lol: BTW, I'm not even a Steven Seagal fan you dimwit. If you don't like this guy's work then don't read it and don't cry about it. You know, since you do it (break down fights) for a living (for free at that).

To much of a pussboy as always, good to see you not even trying to deny the fate of your other account. And i didn't call you a Steven Seagal fan, i called you a Steven Seagal wannabee because you try and wax poetic about martial arts but at the end of the day is the only one on the OUTSIDE of an inside joke.

Which is pretty much what Steven Seagal's whole existence equates to being aswell.

Why not make your existence official btw and bring back that ugly ass avatar of yourself in that ponytail that you used to sport on your other account that got banned. (YEAH it's THAT easy to see)

If i could be bothered i definitely could do better. In fact many of my own short posts contain more succinct wisdom than Jack's ramblings.

Some of you guys are blinded by science, wowed by Jacks use of flowery words and pompous waffling and that is to be expected. He is obviously catering to a low brow audience but the actual analysis is very often way off.

He will argue a point and break it down to the nth degree, but thats as good as useless when hes going in totally the wrong direction and getting the wrong end of the stick. Obviously its not all bad, even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day but It really says more about your lack of knowledge of the sport if you are impressed by his breakdowns.

Seek knowledge of the sport you profess to love.

So you waste your time posting your wisdom here where no one reads it and complain about other people who get paid to give their wisdom instead of doing it yourself. Genius.

Let's end your existence once and for all (until you go make another account that is) Got GOAT you pick your irish boy i'll ride with Aldo and you put your account + four didgits atleast in dollars on the bottomline. I'll even be kind and take a prop bet on Aldo and you can have all sorts of outs with McGregor need only win for you to cash?

How bout it bigboy try and grab those raisins you have dangling from your scrotum and let's see you actually put something of value for once behind your words.

He's already wagering his account vs mine for Jones-Gus 2 (assuming his boy doesn't get KTFO'd by Rumble).

However, if Aldo-McGregor is scheduled before Jones-Gus 2 and Got GOAT wants to account bet on it, I will allow it.

I wouldn't bank on it, though. He doesn't actually believe Conor will beat Aldo.

Rather take some of dudes money, since he clearly can't accept the three strikes you are out rules of Sherdog and have tried to creep back in again through the backdoor. Let's see how long it takes for Ughugh to try and sneak back in aswell.

Not like they can hide who they are, only have to look at the way they structure and the wording they chose to use and it becomes pretty apparent when they have made new accounts. I figured out who ''Got GOAT'' was the moment i saw his first post under that handle.

People only talking about the leg kick are completely missing the actual dynamics of the fight. Aldo, like McGregor, wins fights because of his boxing. This fight is two of the best boxers in the sport going at it. Both guys can fight going forward or back, both guys can lead and counter. People act like McGregor has better footwork than Aldo just because he says he does, but Aldo has the best pivots in the sport. He won't need to kick the legs to deal with the movement.

The real questions are who's gonna control the distance? Neither is gonna let the other guy just step forward and hit them. And neither is gonna run into the other's punches. So what happens when McGregor faces someone who can actually slip his left hand? What happens when Aldo fights someone who isn't afraid to walk him down? Will McGregor be able to kick against Aldo without them being parried and countered? What happens when Aldo gets pushed, and it lights a fire in him? These are the interesting questions that no one is talking about.

This has all been touched on here and there but not thoroughly. I agree about the pivoting from Aldo being the best in MMA. The range control is what's most interesting to me and how that will play out.

Rather take some of dudes money, since he clearly can't accept the three strikes you are out rules of Sherdog and have tried to creep back in again through the backdoor. Let's see how long it takes for Ughugh to try and sneak back in aswell.

Not like they can hide who they are, only have to look at the way they structure and the wording they chose to use and it becomes pretty apparent when they have made new accounts. I figured out who ''Got GOAT'' was the moment i saw his first post under that handle.

You're quite the detective in your little tinfoil world. Carry on.

So you waste your time posting your wisdom here where no one reads it and complain about other people who get paid to give their wisdom instead of doing it yourself. Genius.

getting paid to write articles doesn't automatically make you an expert on what you are writing about.

i give jack credit for making a go of this and getting paid for what he used to post and obviously enjoys, but he's also dedicated his time to writing articles in the hope of getting paid. he chose the path. just because slack gets paid and a guy doesn't doesn't make jack more credible to me. he's a poster who made a go of writing articles. again, good on him, and he makes some valid observations.

This has all been touched on here and there but not thoroughly. I agree about the pivoting from Aldo being the best in MMA. The range control is what's most interesting to me and how that will play out.

That's my point. People are getting into detailed arguments about whether or not he can leg kick McGregor, and briefly touching on (if you can call it that) the real issues. Which is dumb, because Aldo doesn't even throw that many leg kicks anymore. His hands are winning his fights.

Easy to say after the right. If Silver had won using his experience and timing perfectly for the right point to pressure Conor into unfamiliar territory it would be easy enough to say it the other way (probably not quite as easy.) Is this guy only supposed to break down fights with unexpected outcomes? Next time I tune into ESPN for NBA scores I only want to the scores on upsets and how they were made possible.

Anyway sorry if I'm sounding like a dick. I should have gone to sleep a while ago

36 years old, reach disadvantage, no takedown threat to speak of, inferior striker compared to Conor... gee, who could have predicted the outcome of this fight?

He's viewing this thread right now. If you don't like his work then don't read it. It's simple.

I don't see how "he is viewing the thread right now" matters. This is a forum, people are still entitled to their opinions.

Just saying.

Back